Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Tengai Makyou Zero
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:13 pm 

umegamer wrote:
Is there a FAQ on where to find all the secret skills?

I think there's an English faq at gamefaqs, but Tom doesn't recomend using it because it seems it's full of disinformation. Which secret skills are you looking for? I think I found all of them.

The only two that gave me some problems were:

Spoiler! :
the Ice Spider skill for the Fairy. It's in a locked treasure box in one of the cities of the Canine Kingdom, and you have to buy it using gold vouchers, IIRC.

Also, there was a technique for Higan that is given by a hermit, but he`s only at his cave at certain hours (and takes Sunday as a day off).

Other than that, I think I've aquired all characters' skills with a normal playthrough (although I've heard some may be missable if you don't pay much attention).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:03 pm 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
Who says you shouldn't be using ZSNES, you just shouldn't be using it for all games, I use it all the time :) In fact, I'm testing Minerva in it right now.

Exactly my feelings as well. ZSNES is still the best looking and easiest to use SNES emulator, not to mention my favorite as well. In my opinion, it's the best to use for playing games, aside for the few that don't work well on it. That's when I switch over to SNES9x. For actual beta testing, I use both of them to compare how well a game runs in both. As for Tengai Makyou Zero, the patched game doesn't seem to work for me in neither ZSNES, nor SNES9x. It just displays the message: "ROM too big." and remains that way. Well, it doesn't really matter so much I suppose. There's plenty of other great SNES RPGs out there. Personally, I think that it would really be nice if AGTP would also release a Ys V translation patch for Expert as well since the original game is a bit too easy, but I won't complain. I'm at least glad that we got to enjoy the original game. But who knows, maybe one day we'll get to play Expert in English as well.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:24 am 

akualung wrote:
umegamer wrote:
Is there a FAQ on where to find all the secret skills?

I think there's an English faq at gamefaqs, but Tom doesn't recomend using it because it seems it's full of disinformation. Which secret skills are you looking for? I think I found all of them.

The only two that gave me some problems were:

Spoiler! :
the Ice Spider skill for the Fairy. It's in a locked treasure box in one of the cities of the Canine Kingdom, and you have to buy it using gold vouchers, IIRC.

Also, there was a technique for Higan that is given by a hermit, but he`s only at his cave at certain hours (and takes Sunday as a day off).

Other than that, I think I've aquired all characters' skills with a normal playthrough (although I've heard some may be missable if you don't pay much attention).

was missing the
Spoiler! :
electric catfish for the shrimp.

but i found it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:04 am 

Spoiler! :
Do Temjin / Mizuki get additional secret skills other than the ones they come with and where do I find them?