Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Famicom RPGs - translated/untranslated games
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:13 am 

MariusB wrote:
ObiKKa wrote:
Whoa, the untranslated lists here are getting smaller! Lovely!

By the way, are you thinking about adding the adventures (They can be visual novels too) on the FDS? I'd say both these adventures and general RPGs on both Famicom/FDS lists up here can appeal to the same gamers. I am interested in the FDS adventures.

Cleopatra no Mahou is apparently being worked on; DvD posted a post looking for someone to translate the manual. I guess it's probably largely done - I remember trying it out a while ago, and it seemed like a reaaally short game - especially compared to the later Square's efforts (such as Final Fantasy). As far as the RPGs go, it would be great to see the second Ganbare Goemon Gaiden game translated, and perhaps Ginga no Sannin and Monster Maker. Still, there are some more interesting RPGs left for SNES. 8-)

That's a good point, I'll have to look more into the text adventure genre. :) I know there are some good games left (Metal Slader Glory and Time Twist in particular), but I'll have to do some research to make a complete list. I'll probably just add them below the RPG list, since there are lots of them as well. There are way, way fewer of them for the SNES though.

Yeah, I already saw that help ad thread for the game Cleopatra no Mahou for someone to translate the manual.
I found this excel sheet of all the translated and untranslated Famicom games that may help you. I saw it in a link at one of filler's recent news posts.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:49 am 

Hoshi wo Miru Hito definitely isn't "mostly" translated -- it rapidly becomes unplayable due to untranslated text.

(Well, given the game's legendary kusoge status, maybe "even more unplayable" is the right way to phrase that...)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:18 am 

goldenband wrote:
Hoshi wo Miru Hito definitely isn't "mostly" translated -- it rapidly becomes unplayable due to untranslated text.

(Well, given the game's legendary kusoge status, maybe "even more unplayable" is the right way to phrase that...)

Yeah, I checked it out and you seem to be right - it needs more work to be considered fully translated it would seem, I wasn't sure about that one.
There is actually another super-buggy game on this list, SWAT. It could be as bad as Hoshi wo Miru Hito, actually. It gives you wrong passwords at the end of the levels from time to time, randomly freezes sometimes at various points, some options don't seem to work at all (like tossing grenades into rooms), and also - sometimes, when you kill all the targets on a given floor, you're unable to advance further. In other words this game would need much more work than just a translation patch to make it playable. :?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:29 pm 

Added the adventure game list, for those curious about that genre. Interestingly, there are way more untranslated adventure games for the Famicom and FDS than for the Super Famicom. Lots of murder mystery games at that, so it would seem. Overall, the number of untranslated RPGs and adventure games amounts to about 80-90 or so (I may have not listed all of them here though, so please let me know if that's the case).

Post subject: Re: Famicom RPGs/Adventure games - translated/untranslated g
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:16 am 

SWAT has just been translated - the beta version is available, and apparently it will be tested further, so I decided to add it to the "Translated" list. Congrats to filler/Psyklax for getting this one finished. :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:59 am 
Site Admin

MariusB wrote:
SWAT has just been translated - the beta version is available, and apparently it will be tested further, so I decided to add it to the "Translated" list. Congrats to filler/Psyklax for getting this one finished. :)
Thanks! Thanks for giving it a whirl too btw, assuming I'm remembering your alternate username correctly. For the sake of others reading this, the completed patch has been released and posted to RHDN.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:57 am 

Hi Guys!

First of all I just wanna say thanks for you efforts and hard work on JRPG translations. Im a big SNES JRPG fan so Im really enjoyed your translations. Thanks again.
I have a question: is there a chance that you will make a translation for Albert Odyssey series (two games) on SNES? I wondering why these great games still untranslated because I think the Albert games have one of the best graphics on SNES.

Thanks and keep up the good work on SNES JRPG.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:06 am 

I cant post,why? Everytime waiting for moderator approval........

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:59 am 
Site Admin

Sorry, we had to make it so new users first posts get moderated to stop spam bot abuse at one time. After your first post you will no longer be moderated and can post freely.

And yeah sorry, I do tend to forget to check for a few days sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:40 am 
Site Admin

kazuma34 wrote:
Hi Guys!

First of all I just wanna say thanks for you efforts and hard work on JRPG translations. Im a big SNES JRPG fan so Im really enjoyed your translations. Thanks again.
I have a question: is there a chance that you will make a translation for Albert Odyssey series (two games) on SNES? I wondering why these great games still untranslated because I think the Albert games have one of the best graphics on SNES.

Thanks and keep up the good work on SNES JRPG.
AO-I and II? We still have our data for these games uploaded and filed. A few years ago, Bongo` said the dialogue strings were organized in fragmented ways that made straightforward string translation and insertion a nightmare. Unless something changes with that disposition, I doubt we'll ever do them.