Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Non-poll: What RPG game do you wish had a sequel?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

Since I've posted about a series you'd like to see continued, how about we go the other route this time. What single game that got released in English do you wish had gotten a second game in the series. I'm not going to do a poll this time as there are far too many games to list, but feel free to post the game and if you feel inclined the reason too.

Contrary to what Wildbill and others might think I'll say, for me, the number one game would probably have to be Radiata Stories. I know the story wasn't the best but the gameplay was pretty darn good and the Suikoden like list of characters was interesting. The time aspect for recruitment was a nice touch. A punch up in the story department
Spoiler! :
which doesn't make you choose sides at the end
and leave the rest alone and you'd have one fine makings for a sequel.

And just because I can break my own rules, I'd give honorable mentions to Popful Mail (which Wildbill would think I'd say to begin with), Terranigma (only Enix game I really love) and Thousand Arms (too bad they ran out of money at the end of that one.)

Post subject: Re: Non-poll: What RPG game do you wish had a sequel?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:54 am 
Site Admin

Skies of Arcadia ( Legends: GameCube )
Faxanadu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:55 am 
Site Admin

I'd really like to see another Legend of Dragoon someday.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:32 am 
Site Admin

I don't know if it quite counts as an RPG, but I'd love a sequel to Threads of Fate.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:24 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5BE1Vw5B3M

Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch.. SERIOUSLY needs a sequal, as this game SERIOUSLY NEEDS a
PC port, im tired of having to borrow my nephews PS3 all the time to just play this game.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:49 am 

Skies of Arcadia definitely

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:35 pm 

I have to go with Skies of Arcadia.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:10 pm 

Bongo` wrote:
Skies of Arcadia ( Legends: GameCube )

kain611 wrote:
I have to go with Skies of Arcadia.

ultpaladin wrote:
Skies of Arcadia definitely

HECK YEAH.

that game was fantastic and really satisfying overall, and the GC was going to get a sequel, but it stopped before anything serious was made. What a shame...

In fact I liked it so much that I've been lately messing around with the GC version to make some kind of "mod" for it with edited enemies, ships, items and spells to give it a new spin when i want to replay it again, lol.

I personally don't see Popful Mail as an RPG at all, but that game was really fun too, and a sequel would be awesome if it was done with the same style as Working Designs (With the Euro Disney and Arnold Schwarzenegger jokes included and all).

...Let's see...

I don't know, maybe a sequel for Nostalgia, for NDS, although maybe that's too obscure...

It's a quite cool old-school styled RPG with some more modern design ideas for the DS. I picked up without that much hope for it but I really liked it.

It's about a young man named Eddie that goes on a quest to search for his suddenly lost father which is Indiana Jones with a mustache, and the plot thickens as he advances and explores a world that resembles ours with added fantasy and steampunkish elements. It really brought me back to the SNES/PS1 rpg era, but adding more modern things like cinematic cutscenes and design ideas.

It features skill trees that let you develop the character's skills as you want, a system with optional quests, airship battles in which each caracter operates certain part of your ship (They are different from the airship battles from Skies of Arcadia), post-game and more.

Pretty underrated, I found it far more fun than more famous games like DQ9, Golden Sun, TWEWY (Although I don't find this RPG...nor that interesting to begin with), or other RPGs on the system...

...Other ideas would be Cristalis, Vagrant Story (although I would like to spend less time improving weapons) or Arc Rise Fantasia, in which I liked the battle system quite a bit, I find sad how the game got panned because "hurr durr voice acting" that you can turn off if you don't like it, by the way. Maybe even a sequel for Radiant Historia or Phantom Brave too (although this time I can't spend thousands of hours on it)!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:16 pm 

Arc Rise Fantasia won't happen. Next week we're getting the final game that developer made before it went out of business.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:02 pm 

Well, that sucks. Imageepoch also did 7th Dragon, it was a neat game for DS that I liked more than the Etrian Odissey games.

But to be honest, neither Skies of Arcaida or any of my other examples will happen.
They way the industry and the public are today pretty much negates the possibility of any sequel of them to exist.