Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Looks like Final Fantasy 7 is finally being remade
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:45 pm 

Spoiler! :
Maeson wrote:
Oh no, it's not like I don't know what's happening around the fanbase, the series (I was a huge fan until Sakaguchi left and they shat out FFX, everything went downhill since then), and the people who ruined it beyond repair.

I've been there too long. I know how things are. I even remember Squeenix having to apologize because how bad FF XIV was.
The last Final Fantasy game I can call enjoyable and even good would be the spin-off Chocobo's Dungeon Wii.

My question was more in the lines of "Why would we treat this like a real new if it was something created by fans". Nothing more.

The video I linked is not a crap fan-made fake remake. It's an official release from Squeenix and they treated it like the biggest thing, pissing off thousands of people. IT IS REAL, which it is what makes the video hilarious.

You could say it's a crap-tastic port from the PC version YET AGAIN... But it's as real as this remake is supposed to be.

My biggest grip with this remake is in how many ways are they going to @#$% up characters, stories, motivations and dialogues. I know Squeenix for far too long. Since the PS1 days ended it feels like they forgot how to create likable characters or stories.

Something you can relate, or feel attached to. Even if FFIV had a mediocre translation back then, you could at least relate to Cecil and his personal arc. It was clear, maybe simple, but it was easy to understand and made sense.

He became a Dark Knight to please the king, which raised him since he was a child. But that forced him to commit terrible acts; and he starts to feel guilt and remorse. His story is about trying to find redemption and change his ways to help others and protect them, instead of attack them like he did before.

Now compare him to Tidus, a vain asshole than has to remember to everybody how important he is, how many daddy issues he has "please pity me because I'm the only one with problems", that it IS HIS STORY!, and all that crap...

Now if you look to more modern characters it get's even worse in some cases...

...Seriously, what happened? FF is not heavy storytelling or magnificent writting, but at least the characters and story would make you want to keep playing.

Anyway...who cares anymore. This is a giant mess, and it will stay that way.

At least I got a chuckle about some people demanding that the remake of FF7 should have Cloud changed into a transexual woman, or that some parts should be removed because they are "Rape Culture".

I can't even.

About the "De-Make" I haven't played it yet, I'll have to give it a try.

Sorry for writting so much but this is one of those things that grind my gears...

Yup agreed, fans will always blow things out of the water when it comes to FF7.. the reason the series sucked from FFX-2 onwards was because that Yoshinori Kitase became the series producer from FFx-2 onwards and changed everything. FF14 apology only happened about 2/3 years ago, one of the producers actually got sacked, (or left.. cant remember which) over that mess. I remember buying my first Final Fantasy game.. FF1 back in the 80's, which i STILL own, lost the box/manual tho :( and the game's logo sticker has since LONG fallen off.. :( I have to be honest here, i prefer FF11 over FF14 tho 14 has the better graphics.. I played both FF11 for about 4 years.. the original FF14 before they shut it down, and the Newer FF14.. i dnt understand why they made the mmo's part of the official timeline of games, they should have left the numbering system out of those. I CANT WAIT for "Dragon Quest Online" to get it's english release.. i won't be seen for at least a year, (by ANYONE), when THAT gets a release.. LOL!

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:32 am 

Wait Dragon Quest X is coming here?

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:23 am 

ultpaladin wrote:
Wait Dragon Quest X is coming here?

YES! it is official that "Dragon Quest X" IS getting and English release, squeenix announced it, when tho.. that's anyone's guess.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:53 am 
Site Admin

Also super hyped about the Nier sequel. It was probably one of my favorite (and most depressing) game from last gen. Glad to see it getting a well-deserved part 2!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:37 am 

I haven't seen anything on Dragon Quest X being released other than Square was thinking about it approximately a year ago. They did announce Dragon Quest Heroes for PS4 though, but that's quite a bit different from a standard game in the series.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons