Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Looks like Final Fantasy 7 is finally being remade
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:17 am 

Just saw the trailer which features mainly cut scenes. It looks nice, I just hope they don't change it too much from its roots. Overall, it looks like a great time to be an RPG gamer. Two Legend of Heroes games for the PS3, 2 Tales games for PS4, Xenoblade Chronicles, Star Ocean 5, Persona 5, Fallout 4. The list keeps getting bigger and bigger.

I just hope they release a PS4 slim soon with a bigger hard drive. I'm thinking they might actually make improvements like the New 3DS so I wanted to wait......with all these great games coming.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

Post subject: Re: Looks like Final Fantasy 7 is finally being remade
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:12 am 

It's being directed by Tetsuya Nomura, so I don't hold any hopes for this (and I mean it)... He fucked up enough the series for me already since Sakaguchi left the company.

Good luck for all the people that want it though, because they had to wait a looooong time for this...

About the RPG's... yeah, it seems that things are improving compared to the prior generation, which is good!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:17 am 
Site Admin

They wanna get me stoked, announce Lunar 3 after 20 years.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:01 pm 

ultpaladin wrote:
Just saw the trailer which features mainly cut scenes. It looks nice, I just hope they don't change it too much from its roots. Overall, it looks like a great time to be an RPG gamer. Two Legend of Heroes games for the PS3, 2 Tales games for PS4, Xenoblade Chronicles, Star Ocean 5, Persona 5, Fallout 4. The list keeps getting bigger and bigger.

I just hope they release a PS4 slim soon with a bigger hard drive. I'm thinking they might actually make improvements like the New 3DS so I wanted to wait......with all these great games coming.

so where's the link for the trailer feature? i wanna see if it's legit or its ALL the new (what-if) fan-stuff that's floating about.

nvm.. found it - http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-vii-rem ... 1711559466

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:14 pm 

taskforce wrote:

That actually sounds more interesting... To me at least.

SylarDean wrote:
so where's the link for the trailer feature? i wanna see if it's legit or its ALL the new (what-if) fan-stuff that's floating about.

What would be the point of talking about a Fan-made remake like it is the real deal?

It's all CGI anyway, most surely they don't have anything really done yet and will take it's time, as they didn't even give a date for release.
---------

Now that I think about this.... It's curious how things work. Not so long ago we had this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNJ1y9YUiLY

And now look at the situation. I mean, as far as I saw there are a lot of people expecting to be disappointing like most recent FF games, but still...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:53 pm 

Maeson wrote:
taskforce wrote:

SylarDean wrote:

What would be the point of talking about a Fan-made remake like it is the real deal?

It's all CGI anyway, most surely they don't have anything really done yet and will take it's time, as they didn't even give a date for release.
---------

Now that I think about this.... It's curious how things work. Not so long ago we had this...

And now look at the situation. I mean, as far as I saw there are a lot of people expecting to be disappointing like most recent FF games, but still...

because Maeson.. some people do stupid things when it comes to FF7, they get excited over ANYTHING to do with it, ME i didnt really RATE FF7 that great to be honest.. my fav FF games in order.. FF6 (My FAV), FF9, FF5, FF8, FF4, FF10 FF7. FF10-2 FF12 FF13 all were a BIG PILE OF CRUD! .. I WOULD RATHER see FF6 remade than any other one but NO! Square-Enix has said they will NEVER remake 6, for some stupid reason. AFTER playing the full demo version of FF15 i'd say that game is pretty good, but battle mechanics are so complicated and hard to get used to.. that game is Squeenix's answer to if they made a Grand Theft Auto RPG without the drugs, nudity, alcohol & violence.

THAT video you linked was just some crap fan-made fake remake that was NOT even a remake.. if you wanna get excited about a FF7 remake.. (well, de-make) check this out.. http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=12466.0 i actually played through the whole game.. and WOW! couldn't believe the size of the game man, and it was an amazing de-make of FF7.

One of the main reason people are going CRAZY not being happy about this remake is because of the one and only - Yoshinori Kitase, getting his hands on this project, and being the producer.. cos he's the one responsible for destroying the FF games mechanics from FFX-2 onwards. FFX was not so bad but it lost a lot of feeling in gameplay compared to the earlier releases, also the battle entry mechanics.. in other words .. he turned FF from turn-based RPG to Action/platformer RPG.. and people will always HATE him for that, THAT move lost them a LOT of fan-base but gained them some.

Because of this exactly that people are wondering that will he make the battles in the remake like the newer battle mechanics.. or will he make it like the older FF10 and before battle mechanics, UNTIL this is answered people are gonna moan left, right and center until THAT is answered. My gut feeling on this is that he will make it the newer battle mechanics.. and then it will totally ruin FF7.

Squeenix has a thing for
Spoiler! :
pissing
their fans off, they troll them so much it's unreal, this is another reason why people are going mad.. cos they just think it's squeenix looking for attention and to make PS4 sales and in a few months to a year they'll announce that they cant make the game or it's project has been shelved.

ANY HOWS.. i really can't be arsed to argue or whatever about this game.. that was my opinion on FF7.. i don't really care if it gets remade or not, i don't own a PS4 tho a family member has one, and i'm NOT about to go out and buy a PS4 just for FF7.. i'm in no excited state about this announcement what so ever. NOW! if it was a remake of FF6 .. I probably would have died of a heart attack.

OOOOPS! wrote a freaking review/novel!

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:04 pm 

SylarDean wrote:
Maeson wrote:
taskforce wrote:

SylarDean wrote:

---------

because Maeson.. some people do stupid things when it comes to FF7, they get excited over ANYTHING to do with it, ME i didnt really RATE FF7 that great to be honest.. my fav FF games in order.. FF6 (My FAV), FF9, FF5, FF8, FF4, FF10 FF7. FF10-2 FF12 FF13 all were a BIG PILE OF CRUD! .. I WOULD RATHER see FF6 remade than any other one but NO! Square-Enix has said they will NEVER remake 6, for some stupid reason. AFTER playing the full demo version of FF15 i'd say that game is pretty good, but battle mechanics are so complicated and hard to get used to.. that game is Squeenix's answer to if they made a Grand Theft Auto RPG without the drugs, nudity, alcohol & violence.

THAT video you linked was just some crap fan-made fake remake that was NOT even a remake.. if you wanna get excited about a FF7 remake.. (well, de-make) check this out.. http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=12466.0 i actually played through the whole game.. and WOW! couldn't believe the size of the game man, and it was an amazing de-make of FF7.

One of the main reason people are going CRAZY not being happy about this remake is because of the one and only - Yoshinori Kitase, getting his hands on this project, and being the producer.. cos he's the one responsible for destroying the FF games mechanics from FFX-2 onwards. FFX was not so bad but it lost a lot of feeling in gameplay compared to the earlier releases, also the battle entry mechanics.. in other words .. he turned FF from turn-based RPG to Action/platformer RPG.. and people will always HATE him for that, THAT move lost them a LOT of fan-base but gained them some.

Because of this exactly that people are wondering that will he make the battles in the remake like the newer battle mechanics.. or will he make it like the older FF10 and before battle mechanics, UNTIL this is answered people are gonna moan left, right and center until THAT is answered. My gut feeling on this is that he will make it the newer battle mechanics.. and then it will totally ruin FF7.

Squeenix has a thing for
Spoiler! :
pissing
their fans off, they troll them so much it's unreal, this is another reason why people are going mad.. cos they just think it's squeenix looking for attention and to make PS4 sales and in a few months to a year they'll announce that they cant make the game or it's project has been shelved.

ANY HOWS.. i really can't be arsed to argue or whatever about this game.. that was my opinion on FF7.. i don't really care if it gets remade or not, i don't own a PS4 tho a family member has one, and i'm NOT about to go out and buy a PS4 just for FF7.. i'm in no excited state about this announcement what so ever. NOW! if it was a remake of FF6 .. I probably would have died of a heart attack.

Any chance you would do a shrine of the NES de-make?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:13 am 

kain611 wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
Maeson wrote:
taskforce wrote:

SylarDean wrote:

---------

Squeenix has a thing for
Spoiler! :
pissing

Any chance you would do a shrine of the NES de-make?

HAHAHAHHA! my sanctuary pages are only for Snes RPGs .. :( sorry .. with that, i'm in the middle of juggling THREE sanctuaries at the moment..
super shell monsters story, Mystic Ark, and a SECRET sanctuary.. *WINKS* so i'm kinda busy with those at the moment so I couldn't take on another
project.. even if I DID do stuff for NES games, i gotta get these finished before i start another game's section.

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:29 am 

Any chance you would do a shrine of the NES de-make?[/quote]

HAHAHAHHA! my sanctuary pages are only for Snes RPGs .. :( sorry .. with that, i'm in the middle of juggling THREE sanctuaries at the moment..
super shell monsters story, Mystic Ark, and a SECRET sanctuary.. *WINKS* so i'm kinda busy with those at the moment so I couldn't take on another
project.. even if I DID do stuff for NES games, i gotta get these finished before i start another game's section.[/quote]

Lol can't wait to see what the Secret Sanctuary is....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:36 am 

Oh no, it's not like I don't know what's happening around the fanbase, the series (I was a huge fan until Sakaguchi left and they shat out FFX, everything went downhill since then), and the people who ruined it beyond repair.

I've been there too long. I know how things are. I even remember Squeenix having to apologize because how bad FF XIV was.
The last Final Fantasy game I can call enjoyable and even good would be the spin-off Chocobo's Dungeon Wii.

My question was more in the lines of "Why would we treat this like a real new if it was something created by fans". Nothing more.

The video I linked is not a crap fan-made fake remake. It's an official release from Squeenix and they treated it like the biggest thing, pissing off thousands of people. IT IS REAL, which it is what makes the video hilarious.

You could say it's a crap-tastic port from the PC version YET AGAIN... But it's as real as this remake is supposed to be.

My biggest grip with this remake is in how many ways are they going to @#$% up characters, stories, motivations and dialogues. I know Squeenix for far too long. Since the PS1 days ended it feels like they forgot how to create likable characters or stories.

Something you can relate, or feel attached to. Even if FFIV had a mediocre translation back then, you could at least relate to Cecil and his personal arc. It was clear, maybe simple, but it was easy to understand and made sense.

He became a Dark Knight to please the king, which raised him since he was a child. But that forced him to commit terrible acts; and he starts to feel guilt and remorse. His story is about trying to find redemption and change his ways to help others and protect them, instead of attack them like he did before.

Now compare him to Tidus, a vain asshole than has to remember to everybody how important he is, how many daddy issues he has "please pity me because I'm the only one with problems", that it IS HIS STORY!, and all that crap...

Now if you look to more modern characters it get's even worse in some cases...

...Seriously, what happened? FF is not heavy storytelling or magnificent writting, but at least the characters and story would make you want to keep playing.

Anyway...who cares anymore. This is a giant mess, and it will stay that way.

At least I got a chuckle about some people demanding that the remake of FF7 should have Cloud changed into a transexual woman, or that some parts should be removed because they are "Rape Culture".

I can't even.

About the "De-Make" I haven't played it yet, I'll have to give it a try.

Sorry for writting so much but this is one of those things that grind my gears...