Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Tales of Xillia....
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:15 pm 
Site Admin

Hmm... With its release tomorrow... I'm not sure what o do. Recently, I always try to support Tales games by purchasing them when they are released. This insures that future games get localised. Right now, I'm a little unsure what to do. Do I:

A. Buy the game now, paying full price and fully supporting the devs knowing full well that I won't have time to play it for a few/several months... Or...
B. Buy the game later when it is cheaper, and I'll have time to play it... Less cash goes to the devs, and I risk it being out of stock/print.

Any insight?

Post subject: Re: Tales of Xillia....
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:26 pm 
Site Admin

Mines been preordered for 2 months. :) Some people already got theirs but I haven't gotten a call saying mine is in yet. But, I'd definitely support this game since Xillia 2 is now on the US release list but could still be cancelled if this game doesn't sale.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:34 am 
Site Admin

I went ahead and bought/ordered it today. I ended up getting the special edition seeing as it was the exact same price on play-asia.

This gen more than ever I've really felt the need to support jRPG makers... Got to make sure they keep getting localized!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:06 am 

I think its good you bought it right away. It looks like Namco is trying a little harder now to localize. We get Tales of Xillia 2 and Symphonia HD and I think we would have gotten the Vita games if the Vita had actually sold any systems.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:57 pm 
Site Admin

Finally got mine Yesterday (Wednesday), long story, don't preorder at Gamestop, they'll sale your preordered game to someone else if they take a notion. But I did get the proper version anyway.

Played about 3 hours. Really liking it so far. Definitely a buy it I'd say.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:10 pm 
Site Admin

It'll probably arrive here in a couple of weeks. I just hope I can find some time when the baby's sleeping to play a little ;)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

With the game in the mail and en route, which character did you choose to play as: Jude or Milla?

Originally, I planned to play as Milla, but I'm hearing that Jude is easier to use as he is the typical fighter sort... Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:31 am 
Site Admin

I played as Jude, but it only matters who you pick for all of 30 minutes at the beginning of the game (at least so far). And Milla is overpowered to start so its not that Jude is more a fighter type, its more that Milla is just overpowered to start with. She gets knocked down to earth later in the game and becomes balanced compared to Jude though. I use her to fight now. (simply because Jude is the healer and I'd rather have the healer be an auto thing, which is odd, I played as Cheria in Graces F cause she was the healer and I had her where she could heal and kick butt :P)

This game has some welcome changes from Graces F and Vasperia. It also has a few that feel like complete steps backwards. Or at least they haven't popped up yet. Granted I'm not that far in. Only a few hours or so. So far there is no Elith mixer like with Graces. But it still has AC which is similar to CC like Graces. Some people gripe because Vasperia didn't have this. And the raw materials so far are only used to upgrade shops. In this game the only way to get shops to sell new gear is to upgrade them. Kind of like the stamps worked in Graces but on a much bigger scale. This is disappointing, because you can't create items with materials like before (but they were never great at this anyway, and should probably leave this type of thing to Gust.) Most people complain that the graphics are pretty subpar for PS3 too. I like them. The overall color palette choices tend to be darker than the previous games. This tends to make the world feel a bit less cartoony. It still has bright colors, but they're used a bit more sparingly. And the anytime partner combo system is an interesting addition. It doesn't always feel like it works well, but it is a nice addition.