Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A very rare rpg that is really enjoyable for the....3DO!!
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:01 pm 

Hey guys, just thought I would fill you in on a neat little rpg I found for, of all systems, the 3DO. Luciennes Quest. After all the rpgs I have played, I still must say it has a pretty unique battle system, some nice music and decent enough story line. I would recommend!

Anyone ever played it?

Post subject: Re: A very rare rpg that is really enjoyable for the....3DO!
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:22 am 
Site Admin

Didn't think the 3DO had that many games to start with. Don't think I have ever played a 3DO game...

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:06 am 
Site Admin

I'm pretty sure that I've never played one... I checked out some videos on youtube, and it looks ok. How's the story?

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:49 pm 

By mid 90s standards (95 to be exact) I would say the story is passable, or even above average. At the very least, enough to keep your attention for the duration of the game, which should take 12-15 hours (it is short). But like I said, the gameplay is a blast. While camera angles are a bit awkward at times, I do not think it detracts too much. Plus the battles are so fun and there really not that many random battles, especially within the dungeon. It got to the point where I could predict when they were going to happen within the dungeon. Plus, I have never had to take time for grinding. The guy playing Lucienne, in the video you (likely) saw is, IMO, grossly over levelled by the end of the game. Any way, what does it for me in regards to this game is the really fun battle system coupled with the fact that battles are not all that frequent and the nice music, which is sometimes quite relaxing, especially in some of the dungeons. This reminds me of a cross between Wozz, Suikoden and Lunar battle systems with a bit of strategy as well since there are objects you need to watch out for on the battle field.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:53 pm 

Interesting.
I had no idea the 3DO even had RPGs to begin with, as it pretty much paid the price for trying to be a pioneer in the field of 32-bit as well as CD media by having poor support by 3rd party devs and a few other issues. I didn't have one, but it was somewhat ill fated from the start, much like the Jaguar and such.