Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Odd glitch in, of all games, Tecmo secret of the stars
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:04 am 

Hey guys, first of all, sorry for all these posts, aha!

Any way,

Since this is not a popular game, I doubt many people have gotten to the end, and I am also sure it is already an unlikely glitch, so probably a very rare glitch to see.

I went to all four star shrines with "Kustera" and got the four items that end in "-dium". So then went back to each of the shrines with "Aqutallion" (or however it is spelled) and beat all four bosses to gain each of the four powers for the 4 aqutallion. I verified that I had unlocked the powers by, as the game progressed, doing combos that involved each character, at some point, including Cody who I think was responsible for the star shrine with the Eledium (an important detail). So when I went to *spoiler* get the ufo, needing the five "diums" or however the ending is, ONE of them was missing from all the inventories: kustera, aquatillion and the old hill warehouse. Indeed, the Eledium was nowhere to be seen, but I had the other four "-diums"! So I checked faqs and went to each of the four shrines again. Each time the aqutallion teams stepped in on the gold symbol (that led to the boss), it said I already had the power, all four of the shrines. So I took the Kustera back to all four shrines, and painstankingly looked through each shrine to find that: all the chests were gone. I even went as far as to put cheat code "No random battles" and use a faq to count how many chests it listed for each shrine and counted chests to make sure I had gotten them all. I did. All chests were opened, including the four "-idium" chests. ( I even checked a "lets play youtube" to verify I had the right chests, I did).

Very odd.

So I had no way of progressing. Because the eledium just seemed to have gone MIA for good.

So I looked up, on gamefaqs, a cheat to add Eledium back into my item list just so I could get the ufo and get into the last dungeon. I got back into the last dungeon, which is all I needed, so I prompty turned off cheats (not being a huge fan of them other than rare "no random encounter ones). I easily beat first boss. When I went back to first room where the ufo landed, to take the ufo, it was NOWHERE to be seen. (possibly because of the cheat? I do not know). Also, at this point, all five of the "-idiums" were missing from the item list but all other items seemed to be there. So no way out to heal because no ufo. Ugh, I then added 5 cheat codes to add back all five "idiums" to no avail.

VERY ODD. No clue what happened here. Do not like using cheat codes, but in the case of the missing eledium that I rightfully got, it was understandable and necessary and legit "cheating" (if you can call it that).

Any ideas what happened to me?

I ended up having to add quite a few more cheats to give myself healing items to progress through the last dungeon (this is an average game that I wanted to BEAT, just the same, as I like to finish what I start no matter what). So yah, I added some moon drops with a cheat code into each item slot, but not a huge amount, but just to replace my inability to be able to use the ufo and heal in the proper way. Beat the game around levels 29-32 or so. Oddly, when using moon drops added via cheat, funky things happened in the item list and even got some scrambled graphics in a few random areas. (Maybe I needed to keep cheat code on after adding moon drops?) - just the same after adding them and turning off cheat, they still remained in item list.

Overall annoying exp. to a game that I felt, up to that point, was under rated and that I would give a solid 7.25/10. That near game breaking glitch drops it to nearly a 6 with whatever happened to the eledium (had not used a cheat to that point.

But sure you folks might have an idea of what occured, or at least understand the trials of an rpg gamer, aha.

Post subject: Re: Odd glitch in, of all games, Tecmo secret of the stars
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:13 am 

So, you went to get all 4 members to Aqutallion at the required point in the game?
(after you destroy Dram the first time, you needed to get Aqutallion before Murray on Moreeyes would ask you for the Moai Statue.)
I don't know if the game would stop you from getting the Moai first.
But you were supposed to get to Aqutallion status, talk to Murray, get the Moai statue, talk to Murray to get the Blue Orb (as well as the Red Orb, I think from the emperor of Jabon Island, obviously inspired by Japan, after defeating Jubei. Then take both to Mysterious Cove, the flashing spot in the water near Bonzley, to fight the "Clarken" to get gas for the rocket to ride to the floating continent)
That all sound familiar?

The Eledium chest is in the Star Shrine west of Karrapon (the one where Cody gets his power, as you said). It should be found in a chest at the end of the linear path after taking the east stairway at the beginning of the Star Shrine maze.

I have a backup of most of my (sadly neglected) RPGClassics "shrine" including completed maps, a mostly done walkthrough.
I also have a backup of SRAM files from several points in the game (though I oddly don't have one right after getting Eledium, but I do have one for each of the other elements). If they are of interest, I can share them.

The only other glitch I'm aware of is the 9,999,999 Gold for Kustera glitch (which I submitted a patch to RHDN), which it turns out is only in the English version because Tecmo forgot a control code in the script.