Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Wondering if someone can help me with Rudra no hihou?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:47 am 

So I played this game for like a week in January and set it down, only to pick it up yesterday. But I forget a lot of what happened in the story, obviously.

Before, I was at this point:

Riza: Day 1
Surrelent: Day 7
Soin: Day 9

I have advanced 2-3 days for each person but it does not feel like I am totally in it, though I like it more this time around.

So if anyone wants, can you refresh my memory as to what has happened in days 1-7 for Surrelent, Days 1-9 for Sion and the first 2 days for Riza?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Wondering if someone can help me with Rudra no hihou?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

WIsh I could help you out... I never got very far in that game. I've tried several times to play through it, but I always get bored in the first few hours. :(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:05 am 

It is okay. I gotta say, I have really come around with this game, done a 180. Not sure the same would occur with Live a Live. But I think I was just ultra sick and along with the bleak snowstorms, just not ready for this game the first time I played it. What with a lot of it take place in the ...spoiler.... Netherworld/underworld or what have you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:36 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, in LiveALive, I got through a couple of scenarios, but I never beat them all :(

There's probably somebody here who has played through it (RnH), but it has seemed pretty quiet around here lately. I guess everyone is away on vacation... Wonder where they all are? :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:25 pm 

I'm just lurking

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:02 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Yeah, in LiveALive, I got through a couple of scenarios, but I never beat them all :(

There's probably somebody here who has played through it (RnH), but it has seemed pretty quiet around here lately. I guess everyone is away on vacation... Wonder where they all are? :cry:
I'm here and there, quietly logging many, many additional hours on BH. I've been updating the project page's percentages regularly, in case anyone wants a progress report. I see no point in posting just verbal reports or graphics with no dramatic content, so I'm channeling my enthusiasm internally to just the production teams. Others can do the PR work and communicate with the players. I'm going to write, translate, coordinate, build Kanji tables, and enjoy the games in work.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

Ah, Rudra no Hihou, one of my favorite games of all times (then again, I like most Snes RPGs). Anyways, if you need info or help on the game, look here:
http://alexandria.rpgclassics.com/game.php?game=1033

There's a detailed and very well written faq/walkthrough along with a mantra guide and more. You can look at each character's days to see what happened in the walkthrough. It doesn't really matter in what order you play the three characters, but I always found that the story makes more sense if you play them in the order of Riza, Surlent, then Sion (Sion is my favorite character of the three which is why I like to leave the best for last). The story isn't really altered, just a bit mid-way depending on some actions you take and the order you play in, but the final scenario and ending (the actualy finale of the game) is the same. Thanks to AGTP for the great translation!

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:21 pm 

I'm most fond of Surlent I believe, but I too didn't get very far in the game yet.
I remember being stuck in a boss that is a sort of wall, don't remember where anymore haha.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:01 pm 

Yah, I ended up beating this game 5-6 weeks ago, in med December. Like I said, hated this game at first (just like Persona) but in both cases, the games really grew on me and by the end, two of my faves. They were both very well done, good games with very unique, interesting stories. Rudra is more difficult than your typical jrpg, I think. But it was very rewarding, just like Persona.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:05 pm 

I'd really want to get into this game, and I do hope I can start it soon.

But there's quite a big problem that's stopping me from getting into it right now; the game uses the 'hi-res' display for its text, and because I play all my SNES games on my PSP via emulation, it's really not that readable as the emulator's only able to play at the native 256 resolution.

Some few others games uses the hi-res display, too. Which is a shame...

Backloggery :: Youtube