Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Campaign to get Xenoblade released in North America
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:32 am 

http://oprainfall.blogspot.com/

http://boards.ign.com/nintendo_wii_lobb ... 328/p1/?65

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960564-xenoblade

The goal of the campaign is to get Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandora's Tower released in North America especially since the first 2 are already being translated to English for Europe. I've actually been really impressed with this campaign already. Nintendo's Facebook page got nearly 3,000 comments in about 2 days. Xenoblade's Amazon preorder ranking went from somewhere in the thousands to #1 in all video games. There is also a letter writing campaign along with emails and phone calls to Nintendo corporate.

I hope some people here will consider preordering it from Amazon since there is no risk since they don't even charge you unless the game ships. Also any Facebook comments, letters would be useful.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

Post subject: Re: Campaign to get Xenoblade released in North America
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:35 pm 
Site Admin

I've actually been quite impressed with the coverage this has been getting. One of the major game news sites I read has had a couple of stories each day for the past week about people campaigning to get these games localized state-side.

Either way, I'll have to import them nonetheless as I live in Korea :) However, I really wish the movement the best, and maybe it will cause NoA to take its head out of its ass when it comes to RPGs. If it wasn't at the near end of its lifecycle, these games would definitely get me to buy a Wii.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:17 am 

With Nintendo of America deciding not to release any of these games, I guess now I have to find a way to play European games on my Wii. Has anyone here had any experience with doing this? I'm hoping to find a non-intrusive way like I have with the PS2 with Free McBoot but I'm thinking I will probably have to go without ever updating my Wii again which means no Wii shopping either. This is really just a ridiculous situation.

Both games (Xenoblade and Last Story) will already be in English and the former will already have English voice actors. It would seem to be easy money, just convert it to ntsc and sell it. I can't believe how ridiculous this is.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

I'm not condoning anything but shopping on the wii is still possible, because people update the channel. Also, DLC and games can be found without buying them if necessary (again, I'm not saying not to buy them, I'm saying they can be found if necessary.) So in short, there really is no down side to soft-modding your wii. If that is what it takes because Nintendo is blind as a bat. I was pissed at Nintendo before these games. They didn't bring over Fatal Frame IV either. And that was the best selling game in the Fatal Frame series in Japan. Nintendo is stupid. They don't want to be associated with kids and kiddy stuff. Then they won't give us adults what we want. Way to go Big N. At any rate, if you like Fatal Frame, there is a fan translation of the game. I suggest you soft mod that baby and give it a spin. (Apparently some Wii games are pretty easy to fan translate cause that one happened pretty fast)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:42 pm 

The soft-modding is as simple as following easy directions to copy and install files. I've also heard you can still use the shopping channel. Personally, I can't recall if I ever set it up to work again, though. I'd given up on it anyway, since I'd rather own the original than purchase the digital copies of console games.

But yes, the main reason I did it was to be able to play a imported games, specifically Fatal Frame IV (with the translation patch)!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:10 pm 

If the homebrew channel is on my Wii, would I need to delete it every time I went online or had to update to a new version of the Wii system software?

Its really annoying that the Wii is region locked. I mean even Australia gets these games and North America doesnt. I am planning to write letters with the Operation Rainfall campaign, I hope others here might consider it too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:48 pm 
Site Admin

You don't have to uninstall the homebrew channel. However, updating your wii will break softmods so never update your wii with new official patches. You just update what is necessary for online use when you need to. And update what you need to when you need to to play games. (Which hasn't ever required me to go passed 4.2)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:39 pm 

You want to look into something called ModMii. You feed it a little information, and it'll basically produce a console capable of running original games, backups, DVDrs, ISOs off a hard drive, whatever. And yeah, the only thing is that you'll want to not-update your system software past whatever it is you already have, as there's a hefty chance said update will brick your system.

Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:55 pm 

If Nintendo doesn't release it, I'll probably just import a copy and then wait until it can be emulated, or I'd at least wait until the Wii is discontinued to avoid any bricking hassles.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:43 pm 

KingMike wrote:
If Nintendo doesn't release it, I'll probably just import a copy and then wait until it can be emulated, or I'd at least wait until the Wii is discontinued to avoid any bricking hassles.

Nintendo discontinued the Wii at the end of last year. (Or at least, that's the way it certainly appears from the way they're not releasing m/any games for it anymore...)

Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!