Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Campaign to get Xenoblade released in North America
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:22 am 
Site Admin

Going a little off-topic, I was pretty stoked when I first heard about the Wii U. After watching videos from the E3 this year, though, my interest waned a little for some reason (probably the same reason Nintendo's stock dropped after unveiling it). Now that their complete unwillingness to release good games in North America has been completely revealed to the public, I'm not so sure that I feel like supporting the Big N anymore by purchasing a Wii U...

Some have argued that Nintendo doesn't want to localized these games because it is scared that they will cut into their profit margin when the new Zelda game is finally released sometime this year...

Anyway... I'll certainly be importing this one. I really want to support Monolith Soft. I'm just pissed that Nintendo is the major shareholder in the company.

Last edited by Draken on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:12 am 

Draken wrote:
Going a little off-topic, I was pretty stoked when I first heard about the Wii U. After watching videos from the E3 this year, though, my interest waned a little for some reason (probably the same reason Nintendo's stock dropped after unveiling it). Now that their complete unwillingness to release good games in North America has been complete revealed to the public, I'm not so sure that I feel like supporting the Big N anymore by purchasing a Wii U...

Some have argued that Nintendo doesn't want to localized these games because it is scared that they will cut into their profit margin when the new Zelda game is finally released sometime this year...

Anyway... I'll certainly be importing this one. I really want to support Monolith Soft. I'm just pissed that Nintendo is the major shareholder in the company.

You reminded me of this:

Some people have tried to justify this practice to me, but I stopped supporting Nintendo after this ridiculousness of Wii first-party games still full price, years after they've been released. I feel like this practice creates a wedge between the console and other developers. They still demand $50 for a 3-year-old Mario game, when it could have been lowered by that point to $30 and the same customer might have also purchased a third-party game.

I also have to argue that this isn't supporting core fans. They're trying to get every dollar they can! Almost like they're doing their best to rip people off. They should be satisfied with those addicted fans. Day 1, full price, game of the year- just absolutely obsessed. (Sadly I know a few, and not meaning to blame anyone else that might vigorously support them, here.)

Partly, I wonder if this type of thing is one reason they aren't releasing the games. They'll be putting work toward games that will be released near what seems to be the end of the Wii's life cycle. Within a few months the prices may have to drop. I think a good number of supporters don't always buy things up immediately. There are bound to be a good amount that may want these three games localized to North America, yet aren't going to buy any of them until the price drops, or they can get a good deal.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:45 pm 

I just wanted to make sure of this but it is possible to remove any traces of the soft mod and get those Wii updates if by some chance Xenoblade/Last Story made it to North America, right?

Also if I do keep the homebrew on there, I should be able to do anything except updates right?

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:50 pm 

No Wii Shop for you.
And I think many games (at least first party) will do forced updates.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:35 pm 
Site Admin

Wrong to both. Yes, you can have wii shop, and you install the bootloader and nothing will be able to do forced updates.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:47 pm 

Taskforce,

Did you use the ModMii program? Also do you know if it is possible to restore the Wii to its original state so it can get a system update without bricking?

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:59 am 
Site Admin

No I didn't. I followed the steps manually to mod mine. Donno if modmii was even out then.

Yes you can revirginize your wii. There are guides for doing so out there on the net.

Visit http://www.wiihacks.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:20 am 

This may be interesting, supposedly a source from Nintendo (whom Operation Rainfall is keeping secret) says Xenoblade and Last Story will be coming to North America.

http://oprainfall.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... story.html

Please if this is coming, please tell me before September so I can cancel my UK order for Xenoblade :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:14 am 

That'd be cool. I'd guess there's less chance for Pandora's Tower. Judging by the game's CERO "D" rating, I'd guess the game is likely M-rated material? NoA publishing an M game is an extremely rare event (they've only ever released 4).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:33 pm 
Site Admin

Got a copy of an import... Starting playing it... ACK!! How will I get ANY romhacking done!??? The environments in this game are CRAZY! The first town alone took about an hour to explore. I can easily see this one taking me 100 hours to complete.