Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Least favourite RPGs?
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:15 pm 

I'm quite interested in knowing what RPGs you consider to be your least favourite. :lol:

I've not really played that many, but so far I'd say that I didn't enjoy the SNES Magic Knight Rayearth much. Still, it had a good translation.

Backloggery :: Youtube

Post subject: Re: Least favourite RPGs?
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:56 am 

Shadow Madness sticks out in my mind. Cross Edge was also pretty bad. A retro RPG that comes to mind is Sorcerer's Kingdom for Genesis.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:03 am 
Site Admin

I suppose it was NES Faria. Even though I helped out with a successful ROM dump, I could never get into the game. Maybe I'll try it again sometime and see.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:17 pm 

Tecmo Secret of the Stars, nothing could be worse than that. What an awful game, horrible dialogue, bosses named Badbad and having to play through areas twice because the creators of the game couldn't spend enough time to give both sets of parties something unique to do. That Lunar game for the DS was horrible too.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:59 pm 
Site Admin

Beyond the Beyond or maybe Secret of Evermore.

Both are standouts as absolutely horrible RPGs.

Evermore, I'll give square credit for trying a US RPG. However, maybe they should have read the storyline before they green lit the thing. It was a beautiful game, but it was also an awful game.

Beyond the Beyond was the first playstation RPG and it showed. Lackluster (non-existent) story with a absolutely ridiculous encounter rate. There were some areas of the game you fought every 1-2 steps literally. If you've never played it, now is not the time to start.

These are probably the top 2 standouts in my mind as games I played and completed that were just awful when done.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:56 pm 
Site Admin

Master Chen wrote:
ultpaladin wrote:
Secret of the Stars

Baw come on! Seriously? I really liked this game a lot! %))
Yeah, it looks (and plays) like it was made in the RPG Maker 2000, but it has quite nice graphics, decent story (LOL) and nice level of challenge, personally I think it's very underrated, just like "E.V.O. - Search for Eden".
Also, if you think that "Secret of The Stars" was bad (which, I think, is not entirely the case, because there are definitely some good to this game), try EverGrace. I bet that you'll change your opinion after this PILE OF DONKEY SH*IT.

LOL how could you like Secret of the Stars and say Xenosaga was horrible. Xenosaga was at least better than Secret of the Stars. Xenosaga II wasn't so great and III was better but not terrific, however 1 was a solid game. Then again, to each their own.

I totally agree, Secret of the stars was so bad, I didn't even have the want to finish it (and so I never did.) But I didn't even bother including or thinking on the ones I didn't bother finishing.

Master Chen wrote:
ultpaladin wrote:
That Lunar game for the DS was horrible too.

Lunar Dragon Song. Another horrible abomination of mankind, yeah.

Agreed, Lunar should have never been made. After many years of waiting, we deserved better than that miserable heap.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:34 am 
Site Admin

Master Chen wrote:
List of 25 RPGs which are the most hated by me personally (not including the tons of very shitty MMORPGs).
2. "Xeno..." series, "Episode I - Xenosaga". Chapter II: Jenseits von Gut und Böse.

Maybe you need to go back and read your list before you go off all half-cocked. What you typed in there makes little sense at all.. I see "Xeno series"... This would lead every single reader to believe that you hated the entire Xeno series... I see Episode 1 - Xenosaga. This would lead all of us to believe that you hated episode 1 of Xenosaga...

You need to learn to convey your ideas better before you start bitching and moaning here on the boards. This is really starting to piss me off.

Edit: I guess I should add that... Trolling is not appreciated around here.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:18 am 
Site Admin

You totally missed my point altogether...
I obviously wasn't the ONLY person who misunderstood. Did you forget what TF wrote in his last message???

If you had wanted to make it clear from the beginning, you should have typed "I hate Xenosaga Episode 2" or something to that effect. Now, all that you have done is irked the mods.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:13 am 
Site Admin

Actually, I can do what I probably should have done a few derogatory statements ago. Master_Chan is now banned from the forums. Even after I pleaded with him to tone it down in private, he just wouldn't hear it or didn't care. Sorry, but this derogatory attitude will not be tolerated.

It isn't just that he is fighting with the mods, on top of it is the fact that he is belittling people (mods and non-mods alike (which I made clear is the biggest issue in private)) which I'm definitely not going to stand for any further. I'm not going to let this kind of attitude continue to ruin the fun for all of us keeping it positive and upbeat. So to all of you keeping it upbeat. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:37 pm 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
Actually, I can do what I probably should have done a few derogatory statements ago. Master_Chan is now banned from the forums. Even after I pleaded with him to tone it down in private, he just wouldn't hear it or didn't care. Sorry, but this derogatory attitude will not be tolerated.

It isn't just that he is fighting with the mods, on top of it is the fact that he is belittling people (mods and non-mods alike (which I made clear is the biggest issue in private)) which I'm definitely not going to stand for any further. I'm not going to let this kind of attitude continue to ruin the fun for all of us keeping it positive and upbeat. So to all of you keeping it upbeat. Thank you.
I am saddened by this turn of events but fully supportive of my partners' disposition. Maturation is sometimes a huge challenge for a bright young person who is full of himself or herself and driven largely by negative energy. The reason(s) behind MC's recent venomous pronouncements may be totally unrelated to video games. We all go through trials and tribulations, but recovery from adversity and depression is aided and abetted by engaging in fun, recreational pursuits, and that is what D-D is all about. Therefore, it makes little sense to bring such negativity to this forum, and such repeated behavior could not be allowed to run unabated indefinitely.

I hope MC will reflect on this as he hopefully grows and learns from these and his other life experiences. I will miss the good side of him being around.