Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Which Final Fantasy is best?
Poll ended at Sun May 22, 2011 3:17 pm
Final Fantasy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Final Fantasy II 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Final Fantasy III 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Final Fantasy IV 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
Final Fantasy V 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Final Fantasy VI 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Final Fantasy VII 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Final Fantasy VIII 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Final Fantasy IX 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Final Fantasy X 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Final Fantasy X-2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Final Fantasy XI 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Final Fantasy XII 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Final Fantasy XIII 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Final Fantasy XIV 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Final Fantasy Tactics 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Final Fantasy Chystal Chronicles 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 7
Post subject: Useless poll time: Which Final Fantasy was best?
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, its final fantasy, and some of us don't care but anyway. This poll only consists of the main games not the spinoffs.

Post subject: Re: Useless poll time: Which Final Fantasy was best?
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:17 pm 
Site Admin

I'm going to go with Final Fantasy II (the one with Cecil). Despite what most people say, I think that the story is the best from the series. I also like the characters and gameplay more. Final Fantasy III's esper/magicite system of learning magic was kind of annoying as I would tend to forget changing around party members to teach each one the same spells as the others. I mostly had only four characters with good magic and the rest only had a few decent spells. It was still a good game, I just like Final Fantasy II more.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:30 pm 

I vote for FF7, and mimcking Recca, "despite what most people say."
A lot of people frown on the game and say its overrated and yadda and yadda, but honestly I don't think so.

Not only it had a compelling story dealing with unrealised dreams, pain of loss and a quest for one's own identity
but memorable characters and a flexible, solid magic system.
Furthermore, it pioneered by giving players the chance to use a character of african descent, a hallmark in the series
(FF6 had general Leo but he wasn't really playable).

In all, I felt it was an inspiring game and a true masterpiece in all aspects.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:56 pm 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
I vote for FF7, and mimcking Recca, "despite what most people say."
A lot of people frown on the game and say its overrated and yadda and yadda, but honestly I don't think so.

Not only it had a compelling story dealing with unrealised dreams, pain of loss and a quest for one's own identity
but memorable characters and a flexible, solid magic system.
Furthermore, it pioneered by giving players the chance to use a character of african descent, a hallmark in the series
(FF6 had general Leo but he wasn't really playable).

In all, I felt it was an inspiring game and a true masterpiece in all aspects.

Hehe. Yeah I fall into the other category of player. Man was FFVII one of the most boring things I've ever played. Dull lackluster story. Characters I could care less about. I mean, I give Square high praise. The game really was a technical marvel at the time on the PSX compared to the rest of the RPG's on the market. However, my praise stops there.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:58 pm 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
I'm going to go with Final Fantasy II (the one with Cecil). Despite what most people say, I think that the story is the best from the series. I also like the characters and gameplay more. Final Fantasy III's esper/magicite system of learning magic was kind of annoying as I would tend to forget changing around party members to teach each one the same spells as the others. I mostly had only four characters with good magic and the rest only had a few decent spells. It was still a good game, I just like Final Fantasy II more.

Um, wasn't it Final Fantasy IV that has Cecil? But I know what you mean, it originally shipped as Final Fantasy II in the US. Can make this poll very confusing.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:03 pm 

taskforce wrote:
Hehe. Yeah I fall into the other category of player. Man was FFVII one of the most boring things I've ever played. Dull lackluster story. Characters I could care less about. I mean, I give Square high praise. The game really was a technical marvel at the time on the PSX compared to the rest of the RPG's on the market. However, my praise stops there.

As I recall, TF, you're a fan of FF8 right? LOL incidentally the same points you rose against FF7 I feel are present in FF8, but as you said, it was technically impressive, especially the field models (I agree they looked horrid in FF7).
But yeah, FF8 I could never really get to like, and it seems a sort of tendency that FF8 fans hate FF7 and vice versa.

That said, both share a modern setting, which I find nice (somehow I feel a futuristic setting fits FF better than medieval)

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:15 pm 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
taskforce wrote:

As I recall, TF, you're a fan of FF8 right? LOL incidentally the same points you rose against FF7 I feel are present in FF8, but as you said, it was technically impressive, especially the field models (I agree they looked horrid in FF7).
But yeah, FF8 I could never really get to like, and it seems a sort of tendency that FF8 fans hate FF7 and vice versa.

That said, both share a modern setting, which I find nice (somehow I feel a futuristic setting fits FF better than medieval)

Yeah, I loved FF8. It is barely edged out by FFIV as my favorite of the series. And I mean BARELY. My one gripe with FF8 is that Squall is a bit too standoffish to like, but Rhinoa plays on that so well that it still is enjoyable enough. But it is also the one thing that probably gets FFIV the nudge too.

And yes, I know a LOT of people hated the magic draw system. While I wasn't the biggest fan of it, I didn't think it was just a terrible system either. No worse than the Job system of other FF's. In fact, I found it less tedious and boring than those said job systems.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:58 am 

I picked FF4, its the only game in the series I have beat multiple times, definitely a nostalgic favorite.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons