Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Upcoming RPGS to look out for!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:11 am 
Site Admin

I've been keeping my eye on a few upcoming RPGs due out in 2010:

1. FFXIII (obligatory mention)

2. Sand of Destruction: Great team worked on this game, so I'm really hoping that its a keeper. Heck, it even spawned a short anime series (which I have yet to see). Check out the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r02prtm9c0

Oh, and you should definitely check out the lead track for this one. Mitsuda has outdone himself! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7YSI7W9RDA

3. Resonance of Fate: What can I say... Sega has really been winning me over these past few years. Check out the trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfbkD4AojfY

Those are the big three I'm really anticipating at the moment. What about the rest of you? What games are you frothing at the mouth for?

Post subject: Re: Upcoming RPGS to look out for!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:46 am 
Site Admin

At least someone is looking out for FFXIII :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:37 am 
Well, the three I'm anticipating at the moment are:

1) Suikoden V:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcBJm70PikU

2) Arc the Lad - Twilight of the Spirits:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgnrwqXPjXs

3) Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi6trnO2On0

These are the ones I'll be playing at the beginning of 2010.
Even though I already beat 42 PS2 RPGs, there are still a lot more that are very cool.

Man, I LOVE my PS2.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:13 pm 
Site Admin

Wish I could tell you Mana Khemia 2 was as good as 1. It isn't. While it is better than Atelier Iris 3, it probably ranks about equal with Atelier Iris 1. Not even close to Atelier Iris 2 or Mana Khemia 1 (Atelier Iris 2 is the best game of the series btw)

Raze campaign is somewhat enjoyable but certainly nothing special, but Ulrika on the other hand, you'll be wanting to throw your PS2 through your TV an hour or so in. (And I don't just mean the controller) :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:02 pm 
taskforce wrote:
Wish I could tell you Mana Khemia 2 was as good as 1. It isn't. While it is better than Atelier Iris 3, it probably ranks about equal with Atelier Iris 1. Not even close to Atelier Iris 2 or Mana Khemia 1 (Atelier Iris 2 is the best game of the series btw)

Raze campaign is somewhat enjoyable but certainly nothing special, but Ulrika on the other hand, you'll be wanting to throw your PS2 through your TV an hour or so in. (And I don't just mean the controller) :)

Thanks for the tips, but I already beat Project A6 to A9.

I agree, Atelier Iris 2 is by far the best of the series.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:25 am 

I guess my list is a lot like Draken's if we are talking about upcoming RPGs for early 2010. I'm really looking forward to Glory of Heracles for the DS as well. Its like Dragon Quest in Ancient Greece. I'm also looking forward to Vandal Hearts for Xbox Live.

Right now most of the games I'm looking forward to playing I already have: Magna Carta 2, Lost Odyssey, Last Remnant and Dragon Age Origins. I'm in an Xbox groove since I got my system back from repairs. What was really cool is that they sent me back a different system that has the Jasper chip that greatly reduces RROD and now I have an additional internal memory to go along with my hard drive and memory card that came with earlier Xboxes. You can find out what chip you have in your system by looking at the manufacturing tag in the back.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:08 am 
Site Admin

I guess I started this thread, so I should provide people with a little update.

I didn't buy White Knight Chronicles. After reading too many negative reviews (did I even see a positive one...?), I decided to pass on it for now and wait until it drops in price. I did pick up Star Ocean 4 International, though, and I'm really enjoying it so far! There's a point when the main character goes a bit EMO that's a bit annoying, but overall, I'm really loving it! I love the fact that I need to grind a bit in this game. That alone has brought back tons of nostalgia. I find that most RPGs these days are paced so that players don't have to spend any time increasing their levels.

I'm also really looking forward to Resonance of Fate. It looks quite well done, and I've got my fingers crossed! I plan on picking up Heavy Rain next week. I love lengthy cutscenes, and I've always liked (though I know I'm probably alone on this one) game that play out more like movies. Then there's FFXIII...

Am I missing anything?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

I own and beat Eternal Sonata, and I really liked it up until the end. I hate when RPGs have these rushed endings that don't do a good job of explaining what the heck was going on. I really enjoyed having the Chopin piano pieces that were used during the "history lessons." They were beautifully played.

Cross Edge didn't really look like my cup-O-tea, so I passed on it :(

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:43 pm 
Draken wrote:
Am I missing anything?

Well, I didn't play it, since I don't have a PS3, but saw some videos. What you think about these games ?

Ar Tonelico 3
Atelier Rorona
Disgaea 3
Last Rebellion
Trinity Universe

Sorry, I'm a big fan of NISA :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:02 pm 

Draken,

I don't have a PS3 but my brother has been enjoying Valkyrie Chronicles. He's also been playing Dragon Age Origins (which I have but haven't played yet) and says it is really good.

Of course Star Ocean 4 will take you quite a while to finish and it looks like SquareEnix made your version a little tougher by making some adjustments to how item synthesis works.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons