Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: What RPG series would you like to see resurrected?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:16 am 

Hmm... Tough one for me since I tend to forget series after a while(particularly since I tend to marathon them which makes me WANT to forget about em XD; I recently marathoned Suikoden 1-5. Over about a week. Good easy fun(sans 3's final boss due to me INSISTING on using a less powerful party) but... terribly tiring and somewhat draining.)

That said,

Breath of Fire - I've enjoyed every one of them thus far and I'd love to a get another one.
Suikoden - I enjoyed 1-5 despite me complaining :P I'd really like a suiko which was actually difficult though. (and please, no more tierkris... I couldn't bring myself to play it.)
Thousand Arms - One of my favorite WD Games (sidenote: R.I.P :/ I still miss em.) ever. Both for the script as well as how zany the whole storyline is (though Meis needs to stop being inconsistently a playboy and a kind person during dates :P It's such a wtf moment for me)
Lunar - >:/ An actual continuation instead of retellings would be nice though I have to say, I'm less interested in this since WD isn't going to be handling the script.
Vanguard Bandits(or something similar) - now this one isn't really asking for a sequal/prequal/whatever-qual to VB but rather a more refined version of it's battle system/style in some shape or form would be much appreciated. Also, Mecha style Srpgs ftw!
Legend of Legaia - Fun game, had a lot of innovations for it's time(absorbing enemies? evolving weapons? changing armor displays?). I've yet to play lol2 cause It keeps getting sold out but I've been assured that's a good thing... >_<;
Saga games - I always did love these for some reason. I've only played one or two from start to end but the game system and everything related to it is interesting.
Xenosaga - *dodges shotguns/flamers/assorted weapons of doom* >_<; I can't help it, I loved the game for some reason despite a lot of people hating it.

Couple of one off snes rpgs which I feel deserve some love(but perhaps not enough to get a whole series)~
Treasure of the Rudras(Rudora no Hihou? Memory is a bit fuzzy)
Dual Orb 2
Treasure Hunter G
Cyber Knight 1/2 was interesting.
Record of Lodoss War
Wozz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

Mechafanboy wrote:
Thousand Arms - One of my favorite WD Games (sidenote: R.I.P :/ I still miss em.) ever. Both for the script as well as how zany the whole storyline is (though Meis needs to stop being inconsistently a playboy and a kind person during dates :P It's such a wtf moment for me)

Thousand Arms wasn't by Working Designs in the US, it was done by Atlus and they are still very much alive and healthy. I only wish it were done by Working Designs, they knew that foreshadowing didn't mean giving away the entire ending of the game at the end of Disc one. The writing was well below their standards. It was well below Atlus standards even. I'm glad Atlus writing has much improved since that time. Though, it was even below other projects they released in that time period. I just think they realized it wouldn't be a huge seller and approached it half-heartedly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:23 am 

taskforce wrote:
Thousand Arms wasn't by Working Designs in the US, it was done by Atlus and they are still very much alive and healthy. I only wish it were done by Working Designs, they knew that foreshadowing didn't mean giving away the entire ending of the game at the end of Disc one. The writing was well below their standards. It was well below Atlus standards even. I'm glad Atlus writing has much improved since that time. Though, it was even below other projects they released in that time period. I just think they realized it wouldn't be a huge seller and approached it half-heartedly.

Huge apologies there. I think I thought I was typing something up about Lunar or Vanguard Bandits(both of which ARE WD projects).

Speaking of which, I'd also like to add Growlanser to the list? Always did like the battle system in that one(albeit it's easy to be op'd) and, you can't go wrong with drawings from Urushihara(of his non H-work, Der Langrisser comes to mind the most.) XD;

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:58 am 
Mechafanboy wrote:
taskforce wrote:

Huge apologies there. I think I thought I was typing something up about Lunar or Vanguard Bandits(both of which ARE WD projects).

Speaking of which, I'd also like to add Growlanser to the list? Always did like the battle system in that one(albeit it's easy to be op'd) and, you can't go wrong with drawings from Urushihara(of his non H-work, Der Langrisser comes to mind the most.) XD;

I would like to see translation patches for Growlanser 1, 4 and 6.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:59 am 

ultpaladin wrote:
I hope that some day the last missing Ogre Battle game can be translated. If it wasn't for such an obscure system (NeoGeo Pocket Color) it might have already been translated and patched because someone already translated all the dialogue, items, weapons, classes etc.

http://owb.cool.ne.jp/english/obgsp/kenichi.htm

I'm tempted to try it out even in Japanese but its really the lack of weapons and items translated that causes problems. I could get through the dialogue because its nicely organized but it would take forever to constantly check items/weapons/classes to see if I'm choosing the right not.

Only NeoPop can run OB Gaiden, and you need to turn off sound effects in the game options to avoid static when voice samples are played.
Other than that it runs fine.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:00 pm 

Breath of Fire & Vandal Hearts.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:21 pm 

Vandal Hearts was just released on PS3 and Xbox 360. Its downloadable only.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:23 pm 

From what I hear its a prequel to the mainstream series, and it wasn't rated as highly as VH1 or 2, but I wouldn't know, I have yet to get a 360.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:31 pm 

A remake of shining force final conflict :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:51 pm 

Actually a combined remake of all three Shining Force gaidens would be more sensible, not just Final Conflict.
This way we'd have 2 trilogies in our hands, plus the first two genesis games which is automatic win