Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Adventure Gamers - Following Freeware: 8/16-bit adventures
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:57 am 

The purpose of this thread, I thought, is to fill out coverage from the professional online adventure games reviewer website 'Adventure Gamers' of the adventure games that are styled in 8-bit, 16-bit graphics or a mix of both and similar to those of the games on the NES, Genesis, SNES and PC Engine CD. i.e. those adventure games aren't necessarily in the RPG mold that we used to know from those yesteryear consoles but have essentially similar viewpoints and mechanics as those said console games! So for example this or that adventure game would have a top-down view that you all love and know of and/or include the following directional key/button presses (Traditional WASD keys on your PC's keyboard).
So with that in mind here are some free games that I've found that they've reviewed:

* Following Freeware - January 2016 releases:
Has 1 RPGMaker adventure & one more basic-looking 8-bit/16-bit adventure in a contemporary setting ala To The Moon.
    - RPGMaker VX puzzle gothic horror-adventure - very beautiful graphics; downloadable: Red Book: Discordia Tales - Dec 5, 2015.
    - 8-bit/16-bit contemporary supernatural world about going through the mirror between two worlds: The Splitting: Chapter 1 - very slow loading.