Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Haappppyyyy neeewww yeeeeeear !
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:46 pm 

Implicid wrote:
That's great to hear! I know you guys have an overflowing plate, but I really hope that someone will jump in and help make Magno's spanish translation of Romancing Saga 3 (amazing project that also made some improvements) finds its way to English. A few "translators" stepped up, but as far as I know disappeared and it's sitting at a standstill. Magno continues to state he will support whomever picks it up and help see an english translation through. Click on the link to go to the project thread.

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,14980.80.html

I thought RS3 had already been translated.. or is that one not a very good one? or it has issues still? I thought the only one left now
was RS2 to be translated.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:18 pm 
Site Admin

Gosh, I started to work on RS3 with someone 15 years ago, even before TF and merged Magic Destiny, and that person disappeared, too!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:26 pm 

The most complete RS3 is playable, but in terms of quality there are still bugs and it was never optimized to to limited hacking knowledge by those who worked on it. There is definitely a need for a more complete localization. They did a great job with what resources they had, but check out Magno's work. From the hacking side he did an amazing job that imo that game deserved. It would be amazing to have that in English.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:44 pm 

Implicid wrote:
The most complete RS3 is playable, but in terms of quality there are still bugs and it was never optimized to to limited hacking knowledge by those who worked on it. There is definitely a need for a more complete localization. They did a great job with what resources they had, but check out Magno's work. From the hacking side he did an amazing job that imo that game deserved. It would be amazing to have that in English.

oh, will do.. *run's off to google Magno's Work*

Update: YEAH! looked at magno's work, it indeed looks a nice piece of translation work, the menus look awesome also.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

Last edited by SylarDean on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:32 am 

I was able to play through all of Romancing SaGa 3 and complete it. Its not in the best of shape, but I only ran into a few glitches.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:30 pm 
Site Admin

SylarDean wrote:
Implicid wrote:

oh, will do.. *run's off to google Magno's Work*

Update: YEAH! looked at magno's work, it indeed looks a nice piece of translation work, the menus look awesome also.
Ho, here is the actual page from the time Destiny Translations/CTC hosted RS-III. Taskforce helped me design this clear back in 1999. I worked with Lee Chaolang that year as he made a bit of progress.

http://www.dynamic-designs.us/rs3/index.html

After Lee abandoned the work, another group worked on what Lee started, and later Lee joined them for a while. Here are some of the later contributors:

*Pasted in*

Romancing Sa Ga 3 English Translation release 0.30
July 2000

By Mana Sword, Lee Chaolang, Disnesquick

Credits:

The translation and the documents are written by Mana Sword with the following
help:
1. Lee Chaolang for discussion and help on translation in the early stage, and
later joining me in delivering the best translation. He could have finished
his own patch the same time as I did, but real life makes things difficult.

11. People who translated and hacked this game in the first place, including
Draken, Dark Force, Jmigs, Amethist and Ballok, Dragoon X etc. and those
who tried to translate FF8. Their effort inspired me to play and translate
this game. (If Evilhero does not quit on me, I wouldn't start hacking. :) )

*End pasted section*

Seems several D-D folks have had a hand in this going back 17 years! I wouldn't mind picking it up again and working with the fellow that created the Spanish patch if he is indeed willing and Bongo` feels like ironing out the glitches. I might even convince my daughter who is a Spanish teacher who speaks it as a first language to assist.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:21 pm 

Bongo` wrote:
Draken wrote:
Send me the scripts then, and I'll take a look. My French is not even close to as good as it used to be, but I'll know soon enough if I'm in over my head or able to give you guys a decent translation ;)

Files sent!

I am happy to see that "Xak-The Art of Visual Stage" will be translate in your language.
Here is the blog which I had made for this game:
http://xaksnes.blogspot.fr
Good continuance for this translation. ;)
Regards, 4PH.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:39 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for all of your hard work 4ph. I'm happy to report that I've already translated all the NON-dialogue script files. :)
It has been fun getting back into the French language, but I certainly have had to rely on a few crutches to help me along the way, but I'm working on the Intro now, and I'm pretty sure that I'm getting it translated accurately. Being the "main translator" is definitely a new experience for me here at D-D!

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:39 pm 

Draken wrote:
Thanks for all of your hard work 4ph. I'm happy to report that I've already translated all the NON-dialogue script files. :)
It has been fun getting back into the French language, but I certainly have had to rely on a few crutches to help me along the way, but I'm working on the Intro now, and I'm pretty sure that I'm getting it translated accurately. Being the "main translator" is definitely a new experience for me here at D-D!

Thanks again!

NICE WORK! can't wait to see some progress work Draken, maybe you should start a separate page on the Forum Board Index to keep us all updated :) people can contribute things there etc.

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:35 pm 
Site Admin

Great to hear, Draken. I have been a little busy with it myself.
Originally, I decided against doing a VWF routine. But this time around
I decided to add support for Menus and Main text. All we will need now
is a final font and I can get a Visual Edit project going for it. :)

Attachments:
Xak_00002.png
Xak_00002.png [ 3.55 KiB | Viewed 11059 times ]
Xak_00001.png
Xak_00001.png [ 18.77 KiB | Viewed 11059 times ]