Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: A series of videos about my experiences fan translating
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:33 am 

Bongo` wrote:
So you all are telling me the RS3 never received
A completed status in english!?

I think the closest we all got to a fully translated English version was the translation done by "ManaSword", though on his "read-me" notes..
he has quite a few unfinished problems listed.. it's a shame that it never got 100% completed, I think it was due to limited knowledge on his
side back then.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:45 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Draken wrote:
Oh, I used to fire up good old Netscape Navigator and search the web for anything I could find. In the very beginning, that meant visiting Node99, and later, Zophar's Domain. I even made my own little romhacking fan page called "Draken's Den" on my local ISP, which has been lost to time. I was never really that good at hacking, though, so I'm not sure I'd be the best to interview. I also have very foggy memories of those days... It seems that substance abuse later in life has clouded quite a few memories. I'm afraid that maybe it wouldn't be the clearest picture of what was going on :)

Sounds like you may want to lay off that stuff a little. ;) It really is hard to remember though. I'm hitting archive.org and my old blog posts, emails, and such just to keep myself honest when talking about this stuff.

Here is episode 2: https://youtu.be/DAuGo5YlDNk

OK! Where's part 3!? :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:11 pm 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:

Heh, I'll get right on it. :)

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:32 pm 

Bongo` wrote:
filler wrote:
Draken wrote:
Oh, I used to fire up good old Netscape Navigator and search the web for anything I could find. In the very beginning, that meant visiting Node99, and later, Zophar's Domain. I even made my own little romhacking fan page called "Draken's Den" on my local ISP, which has been lost to time. I was never really that good at hacking, though, so I'm not sure I'd be the best to interview. I also have very foggy memories of those days... It seems that substance abuse later in life has clouded quite a few memories. I'm afraid that maybe it wouldn't be the clearest picture of what was going on :)

Sounds like you may want to lay off that stuff a little. ;) It really is hard to remember though. I'm hitting archive.org and my old blog posts, emails, and such just to keep myself honest when talking about this stuff.

Here is episode 2: https://youtu.be/DAuGo5YlDNk

LOL!

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:18 am 
Site Admin

Let me know when the season is over and I'll binge watch it. :D J/K first one was great. Haven't had a chance to watch the 2nd.

Draken: Wish I had an excuse for my poor memory, but I've abused absolutely nothing and still don't have good memory so...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:29 am 

Maeson wrote:
I think there's an unfinished one for Romancing Saga 3, and one complete in Spanish. Kinda weird, seeing how the opposite is how things usually are...

Yes, someone had PM'ed to me saying that Magno who has done the completed Spanish translation of Romancing Saga 3 is waiting and willing for someone to help complete and provide an English translation script for that game so that he could insert it into the game ROM for an English patch! Just putting this out there, hoping to catch more attention of a hopeful fan-translator!