Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Today, November 22, in 1963...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:29 am 
Site Admin

President J. F. Kennedy was shot and killed in Dallas, Texas by Lee Harvey Oswald.

Post subject: Re: Today, November 22, in 1963...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:13 am 
Site Admin

And in Korea... Iphone pre-ordering finally started today! Yay!

*ahem* If only things could be as glorious as they were in the days of Camelot.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:41 pm 

Humanity seems to be permeated with tragedy.
Perhaps hope is all that kept our kind from destroying itself, who knows; I try not to think about things too much
and keep my objectives simple, but dates and events such as this tend to evoke my bleaker view of life.
As much as it bothers me to admit, perhaps we do live in a maniqueistic reality where the grey is rare
and the black and white in everything are the forces moving the cogs of the lives of everyone...
Gee, I really trailed off didn't I, went way off topic...sorry there ^.^'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:09 pm 

It amazes me how quickly tragedy becomes history. Lest we Forget.

Red Soul wrote:
As much as it bothers me to admit, perhaps we do live in a maniqueistic reality where the grey is rare
and the black and white in everything are the forces moving the cogs of the lives of everyone...

Personally, the more I look at things the more the black and white bleeds into grey. But this could be due to the fact that I live in Ireland, where everything is either green or grey (and living in the city, the green is very rare,) which may permeate my perception.

Over the last few days, half the country suffered flooding. The Electrical Supply Board saw fit to release a dam in the middle of the night without notifying anyone, which causes severe damage to many homes and businesses. While our home and half the city is without water, (and will be for the next week-The flooding damaged the city's water treatment plant,) the experience has made me appreciate how lucky we are.

Hows that for off topic :)

http://hollytron.etsy.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:10 am 
Site Admin

hollytron wrote:
It amazes me how quickly tragedy becomes history. Lest we Forget.

Red Soul wrote:

Personally, the more I look at things the more the black and white bleeds into grey. But this could be due to the fact that I live in Ireland, where everything is either green or grey (and living in the city, the green is very rare,) which may permeate my perception.

Over the last few days, half the country suffered flooding. The Electrical Supply Board saw fit to release a dam in the middle of the night without notifying anyone, which causes severe damage to many homes and businesses. While our home and half the city is without water, (and will be for the next week-The flooding damaged the city's water treatment plant,) the experience has made me appreciate how lucky we are.

Hows that for off topic :)
It rained all day here today. The weather was cold and clammy. I had numerous outdoor activities planned that were rained out. As I sat in what I call my hobby shop grousing about the bad luck, I suddenly considered all of the good things that were happening.

The translation of the Burning Heroes dialogue files are underway. I finally fixed the church menus in Atlas City (Slayers). Bongo` fixed the battle tactics system in Slayers and I loaded all of the correct names finally. The Dallas Cowboys beat the Washington Redskins yesterday. My daughter called me about 10 times this morning, full of enthusiasm about her future again. Now, I'm sitting here this evening writing a scene in Litohahn-kou's Vile Castle (Slayers). Heh, life is good!

Uh, I hope you have plenty of the bottled stuff on hand... water... that is!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:12 am 
Site Admin

Did you have to remind us of that. Stupid Redskins can't even win a gimmie. Oh well, it is just about time for Romo to start dieing another horrible end of season death, YAY! (You know he will)