Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Your X-mas Loot!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:25 pm 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
No game-related gift this year, but I'm really happy to have a working three-foot tall replica lighthouse that I plan to install at my lake house. This is my combination Christmas, wedding anniversary, and birthday gift from Sherry. All of these celebrations fall within a three day period. I can't wait to install it and light it up!

Not much new in three years that's recent, but here's the lighthouse mounted on a boulder in the front yard amid a rock garden and driftwood, much as the lake shore appears below except under a fresh few-days-before-Christmas snow in Oklahoma.

Oh, and Drakee, my Canadian daughter is here for Christmas, helping take care of my mother, so one of these these flags flies for her - and you. Stay safe!

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:09 pm 
Site Admin

Hey! That Canadian flag isn't flying at equal height with the U.S. one! How dare you inject your right-wing politics into the forum like this! /sarcasm :lol:

Looking good! I really wish I were back in Canada/U.S. for Christmas. I miss having snow on the ground and seeing all the decorations everywhere. Next year, I have to try harder to get some more time off of work for a winter getaway.

Thanks for the X-mas cheer!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

Ahahahaha. That was a good one Draken.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:30 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
Hey! That Canadian flag isn't flying at equal height with the U.S. one! How dare you inject your right-wing politics into the forum like this! /sarcasm :lol:
Haw-haw...! Okay, I'm inspired. Note: the FBI flag breezing on the far right! Now, I'm shopping for an "Ultimate Reactionary (with a smiley face)" banner, guaranteed to induce crazed Bernie-ites into erupting from their mamas' basements demanding free stuff, or I want my money back! Don't worry, I have the perfect countermeasure to send them all packing - a huge stack of job applications!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:11 pm 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Draken wrote:
Haw-haw...! Okay, I'm inspired. Note: the FBI flag breezing on the far right! Now, I'm shopping for an "Ultimate Reactionary (with a smiley face)" banner, guaranteed to induce crazed Bernie-ites into erupting from their mamas' basements demanding free stuff, or I want my money back! Don't worry, I have the perfect countermeasure to send them all packing - a huge stack of job applications!!

Hey, I'm one of those crazy Bernie-ites! :D We deserve a minimal measure of well-being in one the wealthiest countries on Earth. It's not too much to ask not to be taken advantage of to the point of desperation.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:26 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, that was a little above and beyond good clean fun. I understand your intent, but you might want to reread it as it can easily be construed as Liberals are just all jobless bums anyway. I know it was sarcastic and your actual intent is to point out the ridiculous amount of whining over free goods, but it just doesn't read that way.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Draken wrote:

Hey, I'm one of those crazy Bernie-ites! :D We deserve a minimal measure of well-being in one the wealthiest countries on Earth. It's not too much to ask not to be taken advantage of to the point of desperation.
I felt desperation once. I couldn't land a $5500/yr. teaching job, so I sold my old car with the bald tires for $200 bucks and took a GTR flight to San Diego where the Navy paid me $275/mo. whether I needed it or not. My younger son supports Bernie. He thinks the man has a magic answer no one else has ever thought of. Maybe "crazed" should be defined. I told my Tommy if he didn't light Larry King's new limo on fire, I'd keep paying his college loans until he landed his dream job! Have a merry Christmas Matt!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:46 pm 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
Yeah, that was a little above and beyond good clean fun. I understand your intent, but you might want to reread it as it can easily be construed as Liberals are just all jobless bums anyway. I know it was sarcastic and your actual intent is to point out the ridiculous amount of whining over free goods, but it just doesn't read that way.
Well, it hits home personally. Tommy wants the comforts his mom and I have - modest, actually, but adequate for us. Nothing wrong with that, but we've been bumping heads this entire holiday period. You see, our son wants it right now. For us, it took decades of hard work and sacrifices to get where we are. I'm talking hazardous duties and remote assignments, on top of that. Thing is, we needed decades to reach certain goals. We've gone hungry in college and sold pop bottles to put gas in the car so we can get to a job that pays chump change and back to classes barely on time.

My son believes it should happen for him almost overnight and doesn't handle the adversities very well. Maybe we pampered him too much growing up - still do. But opportunities are out there. Tommy says it's harder for his generation than it was for mine. Maybe it is in some ways, but I know many millennials who have worked their tails off and are succeeding and living well. Tommy has worked his tail off, too. It's taking him a little longer, but the government can't fix the fact that people aren't going to the opera and orchestras as much any more, and a lot of good seats are drying up. Rioting in the streets won't change anything either - not for the better. Nevertheless, we have set all of this ruckus aside for the day so we may spend my mother's last Christmas with her. Hope this conveys perspective. Have a merry Christmas, all!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:49 pm 
Site Admin

Spoiler! :
Wildbill wrote:
taskforce wrote:
Well, it hits home personally. Tommy wants the comforts his mom and I have - modest, actually, but adequate for us. Nothing wrong with that, but we've been bumping heads this entire holiday period. You see, our son wants it right now. For us, it took decades of hard work and sacrifices to get where we are. I'm talking hazardous duties and remote assignments, on top of that. Thing is, we needed decades to reach certain goals. We've gone hungry in college and sold pop bottles to put gas in the car so we can get to a job that pays chump change and back to classes barely on time.

My son believes it should happen for him almost overnight and doesn't handle the adversities very well. Maybe we pampered him too much growing up - still do. But opportunities are out there. Tommy says it's harder for his generation than it was for mine. Maybe it is in some ways, but I know many millennials who have worked their tails off and are succeeding and living well. Tommy has worked his tail off, too. It's taking him a little longer, but the government can't fix the fact that people aren't going to the opera and orchestras as much any more, and a lot of good seats are drying up. Rioting in the streets won't change anything either - not for the better. Nevertheless, we have set all of this ruckus aside for the day so we may spend my mother's last Christmas with her. Hope this conveys perspective. Have a merry Christmas, all!

Anecdotes are significant to each one of us personally. They may have a huge impact on how we personally live our lives. However, they are not a good indicator of what is happening on a large scale to many people. I'm sure we could exchange links and articles and such back and forth until the cows come home, but I'd like to point out two real problems in our country, right now, backed by data.

One is stagnant wages. They have been stagnant my entire life, myself having not been born until 1977. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_wages

The other is the cost of college tuition, arguably the way that most people can lift themselves out of a lower economic class to a higher one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_t ... _increases

Looking at these two factors alone, it's not hard to see the increased pressure that has been placed on those working for wages, and attending higher learning institutions, now, as opposed to let's say, 40-50 years ago. The effect of this is that people must work harder/longer for the same pay, and the ability for people to use higher education to reach a higher socio-economic status is reduced.

On these two issues alone, Bernie Sanders has proposed solutions that are entirely achievable, and would significantly alleviate these pressures.

https://berniesanders.com/issues/its-ti ... debt-free/

https://berniesanders.com/issues/a-living-wage/

The increase in discretionary military spending that was approved 3 months ago, by both republicans and democrats I might add, would have been enough to make public colleges and universities tuition free. https://theintercept.com/2017/09/18/the ... lege-free/

I hope we could all agree that these are positive things that would strengthen, rather than weaken, the United States as a nation, as well as provide opportunity, and a relief from undue struggle, that the shift in the above to factors has caused on folks living here in our modern times regardless of the personal experiences of you, or your son.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:19 am 

filler wrote:
Them's fightin' words. Neptunia is awesome!

Are you perhaps thinking of Live a Live? Date a Live has the same character designer as Neptunia, and I believe it has some game(s) on modern systems.

Oh yeah, I completely mixed it up. :lol:

And, yes, there is one game based on that other modern anime. It's a dating sim on the PS3, doh!
- Date A Live: Rinne Utopia
- http://date-a-live.wikia.com/wiki/Date_A_Live:_Rinne_Utopia

I forgot to mention that I had enjoyed the small 5-episodic series Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV which is related to the almost namesake game (Sans 'Brotherhood').