Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A question about your completed projects
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:36 pm 

I would like to know the approximate length of the games you've translated. Does, for example Burning Heroes take about 10 hours on a first playthrough? 20? 30? ect.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm considering making an LP, and possibly another trailer. Probably by doing 5-minute first impressions of several games and letting my subscribers vote on which one I should play. But would prefer to offer shorter games. (also if you feel makes a game makes a particularly strong first impression let me know.)

-------

I never really feel secure going into battle until my characters have volatile compounds stored in fragile glass bottles strapped all over their bodies. --My thoughts on Darklands.

Post subject: Re: A question about your completed projects
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:18 am 
Site Admin

Wow... You know... that's a really difficult question to answer. For many of the games it has been such a long time since I have completed them that it would be hard to give a correct estimate as to their completion time. I do remember Burning Heroes not taking very long though assuming that you are only completing the game with one of the main characters. It gets much, much longer, though, if you go back and replay the game with the other heroes.

Sorry that I'm not much help. I'd recommend checking out some FAQs, but even they probably won't give any clue as to the length of each game. :(

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:50 am 

I think Slayers was somewhat short and FEDA could probably be done somewhat fast. Slayers would probably be a fun game to do for the really hilarious dialog. Other games like Lennus 2, Mystic Arc and Shell Monster Story would probably take quite a while.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:51 am 

I'm surprised no-one mentioned Gulliver Boy, I seem to remember it being pretty short.

-------

I never really feel secure going into battle until my characters have volatile compounds stored in fragile glass bottles strapped all over their bodies. --My thoughts on Darklands.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:42 am 
Site Admin

Honestly, I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. It's from a time before D-D existed ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:42 am 

I've got FIDA and Gulliver Boy. Both work.

Slayers just won't cooperate with me. I cannot seem to find a rom that's (1.572,864 bytes), exactly. (as the readme tells me to). And I tried patching one that wasn't that size, with the expected result.

I found many sites offering me the game with the english patch already in place, but I'm always suspicious of those. (past experience tells me it's always best to get the latest patch and put it in yourself. Otherwise I could end up with a partial translations by other people, or early betas of your translation.)

Anyway I want to record the video on Thursday, because it needs to be posted on the first of the month (Friday). So if you know where I can find what I'm looking for please let me know. Otherwise I'll either have to choose a different third game :(

-------