Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: NBA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:10 pm 

The National Boo Association.
A couple days and this one still bugs me.
Sorry, Bongo, but your team needs to report it how it REALLY happened. :D
More like the Miami SuperFriends needed a little help from Crooked Refs to beat the NBA version of Mr. Burns' softball team, until the refs cover was blown when they gave Wolves guy JJ Barea a Flagrant Foul 2 (immediate ejection). Crowd almost unanimously boos that (and Wolves fans tend to be very passive). Wolves coach Rick Adelman immediately begins to cuss out the ref that it should be a lesser foul, contending he barely touched Ray Allen. And Allen definitely tried to pick a fight after, no foul for him.
Wolves probably crapping their pants that continued effort to stop the Heat might make Crooked Refs incite a basketball riot. :P

All I'm saying is... a contender for controversial call of the season (Rick says he does plan to file an official complaint), and that play doesn't even warrant a mention on your "recap"? :P

Post subject: Re: NBA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:15 am 

The NBA is too unbalanced. Every year it seems like only 6-8 teams have a realistic chance to win the championship. You don't have nearly the variety of teams in the finals that every other sport seems to have.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

Post subject: Re: NBA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:15 pm 
Site Admin

Here's my take on the whole thing. The refs threw JJ out not only because of the Ray Allen incident but also the D.Wade incident that no one paid attention to. He was actually looking for trouble late in the game. He got in D.Wades face and Wade had to go and tell the ref what was going on. He didn't get under his skin so he took it a step further and threw himself into Ray Allen. I BELIEVE that is why he was thrown out although the NBA commish downgraded the flagrant call.

This is what Heat fans should be pissed about. D.Wade, THIS YEAR, was suspended and fined $125,000 for barely kicking a bobcat's player and that didn't even look intentional. But Ibaka Held Blake Griffin, cocked back and struck him in the balls and he got a $25,000 fine ONLY and a flagrant 1. He should have been tossed. To add insult to injury, Ibaka also had two BIG baskets and 1 BIG block afterwards where he shouldn't even had been in the game. Inconsistency IS the NBA. :)