Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Proposal
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:35 am 

Hi, what's up? I'm saito from TransGen translations. First of all I'd like to thank every DD member for working that hard translating these little gems. I have seen lately that this site is open for foreign translations of all DD work, I'm from spain and I'd like to start translating all your released translations into spanish. The truth is that once upon a time I could hack and translate, however I cannot do that because I got married and I have a daughter now, so that requires a lot of time. So if everymember want I can start translating all the released material of the site. I think that there's a lot of translations that spanish speakers should enjoy. :)

.: TransGen :.

Post subject: Re: Proposal
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:04 am 
Site Admin

saito wrote:
Hi, what's up? I'm saito from TransGen translations. First of all I'd like to thank every DD member for working that hard translating these little gems. I have seen lately that this site is open for foreign translations of all DD work, I'm from spain and I'd like to start translating all your released translations into spanish. The truth is that once upon a time I could hack and translate, however I cannot do that because I got married and I have a daughter now, so that requires a lot of time. So if everymember want I can start translating all the released material of the site. I think that there's a lot of translations that spanish speakers should enjoy. :)
Greetings Saito,

Well, your family certainly comes first, although Bongo` could could benefit greatly if we had someone to share some of the routine hacking chores and bug smashing. What games have you worked on before?

We will discuss this among ourselves and get back to you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:28 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
saito wrote:
Greetings Saito,

Well, your family certainly comes first, although Bongo` could could benefit greatly if we had someone to share some of the routine hacking chores and bug smashing. What games have you worked on before?

We will discuss this among ourselves and get back to you.

Sure, of course.You can look at the list clicking here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:23 am 
Site Admin

Just out of curiosity, which games would you be most interested in translating into Spanish? D-D's list of translated games is quite extensive. Is there any in particular that you would like to translate? Burning Heroes or Silva Saga-II for example (the two newest releases)? Or perhaps an older project like Feda: The Emblem of Justice? Let us know which ones interest you the most.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:27 am 

The ones I'll love to see in spanish are: Burning Heroes, Mystic Ark, Silva Saga II and Lennus II.
Sorry I the other post didn't state which games D:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:41 am 
Site Admin

saito wrote:
The ones I'll love to see in spanish are: Burning Heroes, Mystic Ark, Silva Saga II and Lennus II.
Sorry I the other post didn't state which games D:
We may have international font support for SS-II. On the other hand, if you were to do BH first, would you try to dust off your hacking skills enough to introduce an international font to that game? If so, would you share that font hack with us so we could use it for versions in other Romance languages? Finally, have you played BH yet?

Also, we would like to treat Spanish versions as joint TransGen/D-D projects for hosting purposes. Basically, this means we would have it available for downloading here. We would also have project pages under the tabs for international projects. We could even have separate forums for these projects or maybe accommodate Spanish posts within existing forums. That would depend on our web master

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:03 am 

Wildbill wrote:
On the other hand, if you were to do BH first, would you try to dust off your hacking skills enough to introduce an international font to that game?

Sure thing this night i tried something, and it seems the font is 2bpp planar.

Wildbill wrote:
If so, would you share that font hack with us so we could use it for versions in other Romance languages?

Yeah, already added in the fontset near 00028FA0 ¿.¡,á,é,í,ó,ú,ñ and Ñ. I can add Ü, ü. But the other symbols are already enough for a spanish translation. I dunno what value are in the table, but I'll look into that this night. I can try to add some other symbols for other languages if needed, the problem is that I only know Spanish, English and some Japanese :/.

I checked the font near 00218420, it seems that there's not enough room there for my tileset, i can try to put the fonts there, but I'm afraid that I can screw up something because there's data near the bottom.

Wildbill wrote:
Finally, have you played BH yet?

I'm playing Gaou's story weekends, and I love the game and the translation, I was waiting for someone to make a full patch since long ago. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:54 am 
Site Admin

saito wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
On the other hand, if you were to do BH first, would you try to dust off your hacking skills enough to introduce an international font to that game?

Sure thing this night i tried something, and it seems the font is 2bpp planar.

Wildbill wrote:
If so, would you share that font hack with us so we could use it for versions in other Romance languages?

Yeah, already added in the fontset near 00028FA0 ¿.¡,á,é,í,ó,ú,ñ and Ñ. I can add Ü, ü. But the other symbols are already enough for a spanish translation. I dunno what value are in the table, but I'll look into that this night. I can try to add some other symbols for other languages if needed, the problem is that I only know Spanish, English and some Japanese :/.

I checked the font near 00218420, it seems that there's not enough room there for my tileset, i can try to put the fonts there, but I'm afraid that I can screw up something because there's data near the bottom.

Wildbill wrote:
Finally, have you played BH yet?

I'm playing Gaou's story weekends, and I love the game and the translation, I was waiting for someone to make a full patch since long ago. ;)
We're still waiting for everyone in the group to comment, but we are generally favorable of your proposal. Naturally, one of our big concerns is security of our tools. Assuming everyone reports favorably, we are inclined to support one project until completion - then another.

Assuming you would be willing to do BH first, be aware that we did expand the ROM, but I don't know the ins-and-outs of where font tiles can be stored. We would need Bongo`'s input on that. Right now, I'm pinging on Bongo` to get us more dialogue space in Aretha-II. He has a family to take care of, too, btw.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:38 am 

Hi, I'm Butz from Dark Devils Translations, and I translate games from English to spanish, Bongo' is having a hard time now, but I know he is a great guy, I worked with him in Just Breed (spanish version) and we did a pretty good spanish version. Also I know saito, we worked together in Grandia (PSX), He will make a good job if you let him. :)

Edit: My site http://darkdevils.emuxhaven.net