Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: What about old projects?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:10 am 

I was wondering what ever happened to the old projects being worked on by Bongo like Esparks?
I would kill for a translated version of Esparks, well not really but I'd donate !

Post subject: Re: What about old projects?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:37 am 
Site Admin

blinko2009 wrote:
I was wondering what ever happened to the old projects being worked on by Bongo like Esparks?
I would kill for a translated version of Esparks, well not really but I'd donate !
I played a little of Esparks today but couldn't get out of the first town. So, I did the next best thing. I found a 15 minute YouTube video of the first town and a few battles and caves in the countryside. Ritchie has done the FAQ for this game, and I also noted it's an action-RPG similar to Secret of Mana.

I don't know why Bongo` didn't migrate it to D-D when Stealth and M-D merged, whether it was an oversight or intentional. We from the old M-D site dropped Oni-II when we became D-D, but I would like to bring it back. If Bongo` wants to resume work on Esparks, I'm sure the group would be supportive, but it's his call. BTW, we don't take donations.

Post subject: Re: What about old projects?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:17 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
blinko2009 wrote:
I played a little of Esparks today but couldn't get out of the first town. So, I did the next best thing. I found a 15 minute YouTube video of the first town and a few battles and caves in the countryside. Ritchie has done the FAQ for this game, and I also noted it's an action-RPG similar to Secret of Mana.

I don't know why Bongo` didn't migrate it to D-D when Stealth and M-D merged, whether it was an oversight or intentional. We from the old M-D site dropped Oni-II when we became D-D, but I would like to bring it back. If Bongo` wants to resume work on Esparks, I'm sure the group would be supportive, but it's his call. BTW, we don't take donations.

Bah! I pretty much hated the data format of the game. These games are compressed and then
encoded in strange ways to boot! Normally I wouldn't do a game such as Minerva but I knew
who it was for so I did it. :)