Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: What is on your mind?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:35 am 

Haha! Again, another General Chit-Chat topic to try and keep things a little lively. I'd like to know what's on your mind, or your current mood.

Right now, I'm a little upset about what happened in Suikoden 1.
Spoiler! :
They killed off Odessa so fast! That's such a shame, as she was a great character...

Backloggery :: Youtube

Post subject: Re: What is on your mind?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:54 am 
Site Admin

Well, what is on my mind right this second is how disappointing the E3 press conferences were all around today.

Sony was unimpressive but the big fail win goes to Microsoft. Although, some might be stoked over Halo 4 (woohoo, it isn't being developed by Bungee so it is hard to get psyched up for it (not that I'm a Halo fan.)) The fail issue comes from the next piece of news.

Live TV on your Xbox360. There is a good idea. Take a unit which dies all too easy. Give it an option to kill it faster by using it constantly letting you do something you could already do without the game system. And also cause you data usage overages over networks which are constantly getting capped more and more in the US. This is only a move by Microsoft to sale more systems by wearing your system out faster. If we were talking playstation and this option being on the Vita. That would be one thing, but we're talking a system which is almost always hooked to a TV which already receives live TV anyway. Moronic.

As for Sony, it was just a flat out lackluster press conference. Uncharted 3 looked amazing as well as a couple other games, but nothing new announced was impressive at all. The Vita (dumb name) was what we already knew it was going to be. And where did they get the bright idea to partner with AT&T. AT&T can't handle the Iphone, what the heck makes them think adding a gaming unit to the network will improve the situation. And, finally, the one thing that could have been the most impressive move of the entire press conference went by as almost an afterthought. Playstation suite on Android. It was mentioned without any sort of details, supported devices, or any real info what so ever being released. If it is what it could be, it just might be a real dent in Iphone.

Maybe Nintendo will impress us with their new console. They really don't have a very high bar set that they need to beat anyway, can't be hard to impress us at this point for them.

Anyway, that was what I'm thinking.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:05 am 

Yeah the E3 stuff has been pretty weak so far although the Sony Vita pricing was better than I thought. Most of my hopes lie with Nintendo. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will announce Xenoblade and Last Story for North America. Considering the former is coming to the EU and the latter probably coming to the EU, it would be shocking to not see them in NA.

I'm also wondering how the new Nintendo system will turn out. I really hope it has at least a moderate increase in power over the PS3 but I'm suspecting it will probably be about the same in power. I wonder if it will have a hard drive for once.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:25 pm 
Site Admin

I want and need to get on an old-fashioned roll with Chaos Seed. Time-killing distractions and other personal and family matters have consumed my energy since Christmas.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:25 am 

I really want to learn a new language. I've been trying to get myself ready for weeks now, I'm trying hard to be dedicated.

I have around a whole year off too, it seems ideal for me to try now.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:52 pm 

It's been close to 2 years since I was so active here, but that's so unbelievable. It only feels like a small few months have passed, not 24+. :?

Time passes too fast for me, now. Heck, even this tea right next to me is cold, and that was boiling hot not a moment ago! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, this is life. I was in my 20's when I stared Romhacking. Now I'm closer to 40... I can't believe how fast time flies. I have 6 and 2 year old boys as well AND married...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:17 am 
Site Admin

Before you know it, we'll all be in old-folks' homes... Some of us sooner than others ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:06 pm 

The title of the topic reminds me to facebook...
Anyway I have to countinue Burning Heroes which I've started yesterday.
I'm at the beginning of the game playing Ryuu's story that is quite interresting!
Too much fight, but I don't care, at least they are very fast! So that's
in my mind now...
I recommend this RPG to everybody! :D

Final Fantasy (Squaresoft, 1987-2001)