Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Earthbound Zero/Beginnings officially released!....WAT?!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:11 am 

https://youtu.be/ttKkiEKqwuk

I was surprised with Nintendo re-releasing Earthbound after years and years of we trying and excuses of why it wouldn't become a reality, but his is even more rare, as it's a game that never released here AND is one of the most talked matters in the EB/Mother comunity.

It also semi-confirms that Mother 3 will be a thing in the future.

I can't believe they are finally doing something after so many years of ignoring and avoiding the series.

Post subject: Re: Earthbound Zero/Beginnings officially released!....WAT?!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:28 am 
Site Admin

I kinda wish they had updated it, though, with flashier graphics and a newer script (than that of the prototype).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:20 pm 

Maybe, but if I can be honest, I most probably would see people protesting either way.

If they change it, the ones who want the original thing would protest. If not, those who doesn't care about "the real thing" will rage too...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:37 pm 

wasnt the prototype fan-translated? maybe that's why they have released it now.. fans translated it cos Nintendo couldnt be arsed and didnt
have a dedicated translating team to do it. They probably just bought the translation patch rights from the fans maybe?

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:47 pm 

SylarDean wrote:
wasnt the prototype fan-translated? maybe that's why they have released it now.. fans translated it cos Nintendo couldnt be arsed and didnt
have a dedicated translating team to do it. They probably just bought the translation patch rights from the fans maybe?

No I think the original was all set to ship they just decided against it. I remember reading that and remembered reading that it was translated so um not sure either way.

I did however purchase it ASAP. Hopefully this may lead to ...... Mother 3???

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:12 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, the game was officially translated by Nintendo, and a prototype cart made. Then for whatever reason, Nintendo scrapped the release of the game. Years later a prototype cart was made available for borrowing to the rom translation community for a price and the rom translation community came together to pay to borrow it and get it dumped with many people donating to the cause. Once dumped the cart was returned to the owner. I can't go into any deeper detail about that since it had some controversies surrounding it at the time, and on top of that it was a long while ago and I don't remember the finer details anyway, but that is where the rom came from that was floating around the net. So, yeah, this is an official Nintendo translation, even though they never released it until the Wii U.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:10 pm 

kain611 wrote:
SylarDean wrote:

No I think the original was all set to ship they just decided against it. I remember reading that and remembered reading that it was translated so um not sure either way.

I did however purchase it ASAP. Hopefully this may lead to ...... Mother 3???

forgive me for thinking this if i'm actually wrong.. BUT! ain't mother 3 already released for the Game boy Advance?
so in effect the next mother game would be.. Mother 4. Proof.. http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1333/

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:48 pm 

Earthbound Zero didn't release because Super Nintendo was already almost in America, and it would be a big risk to put a game of a "finished" system when a new one arrives.

So MANY years asking for the damn game... I even remember the signs and petitions to make a port for the Game Boy Color... Man, time flies.

SylarDean wrote:
forgive me for thinking this if i'm actually wrong.. BUT! ain't mother 3 already released for the Game boy Advance?
so in effect the next mother game would be.. Mother 4. Proof.. http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1333/

Mother 3 wasn't released outside of Japan, and it's been one of the hot questions since it's creation. Every year, fans asking Nintendo if Mother 3 would release outside. Again petitions, signs, even several copies of a giantic "book" of pages with signs plus 4 cd's of fan-made music were shipped to Nintendo and Itoi, to show that there was interest in Mother series.

It's in fact a f***ing meme at this point. Reggie Fils-Aime and Mother 3.

It's so well known that in 2014's E3, in one of the Robot Chicken sketches parodies the fans asking Reggie about Mother 3.

Seriously, "Mother, Nintendo, and the Fans" (to give it a name...) is one of the most fascinating stories i've heard (and lived) in the industry.

...Anyway, Itoi said that Mother 4 won't be a thing because the story of Mother ended with 3.

But you can make a totally different story with the same base... Please?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:21 pm 

Maeson wrote:

Seriously, "Mother, Nintendo, and the Fans" (to give it a name...) is one of the most fascinating stories i've heard (and lived) in the industry.

...Anyway, Itoi said that Mother 4 won't be a thing because the story of Mother ended with 3.

But you can make a totally different story with the same base... Please?

YET! again fans screwed OVER by Sintendo .. proof that they don't give a crap about fans, fanbase.. and whatever. As far as Itoi's remark..
that's a cop off, they could EASILY make new stories.. but it just boils down to they cant be arsed with the game's franchise anymore or fans,
they've made their money so STUFF us. Nintendo and their game producing teams are WELL KNOWN for screwing their fans over, if its us NOT
getting a new game of a franchise made, it's localization that kicks us down because they cant be arsed to translate the game due to costs or
whatever bull crap story they want to give us.. UGH! this topic really riles me up.. if we lived in a steam-punk world.. i'd have steam blowing outta
my ears right now... LOL! so im NOT gonna comment anymore. time to go play - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8HD9aRLex4 one of the BEST
JRPG's EVER CREATED!

Spoiler! :

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:36 am 

Just in case anyone is interested, there is a fan-made Mother 4 close to release. It looks real nice so far, but who knows if it will have that "Mother" feel.

http://www.mother4game.com/

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons