Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Post subject: Re: Our patches being sold...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:29 pm 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
Red Soul wrote:
Ah cool, good work TF.
Does that mean all of our patches had to be taken down from his site?

ATM, They're still there, but if they aren't removed in a timely manner, believe me I will be contacting them again :)
I wonder if that individual will comply or drag his feet.

BTW, do we have Javascript support on our Project Pages (i. e. Chaos Seed)? My flash gadget from longtail.com won't dispaly video, and the control bar doesn't function correctly either. I can get a macromedia flash player embed to run, but Im stuck with autostart and no shut off button.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:43 am 
Site Admin

Master Chen wrote:
Gosh...I haven't been here lately (was lying in a hospital...that's a story for another time...), and now when I came back, I see...oh the great, magnificent Norse gods!
Please, punish this awful human creature with all of your might! Let the Thor throw his Mjöllnir right in the head of those fools who dare to blaspheme the holy rules of energy flowing in the cosmos!
I watched Beowulf last night... Unholy cow! You sound like those rambling wrecks in the Mead Hall after the Troll struck! Anyway, get well!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:10 am 
Site Admin

Red Soul wrote:
Also saw patches from AGTP, RPGE, Twilight Translations, Transcorp, MIJET and more.
I may be overreacting here but I really think all the groups should take a combined action to disallow such actions as profting from patches,
otherwise we may risk unwanted shadows looming the hobby we put so much love and effort on.

Yeah, I agree completely with Red Soul. The last thing we want is for the video gaming companies to think that free fan translations/hacks have turned into sources of cheap profit. Afterall, the only reason they tolerate us is because we work on old games which are no longer being sold for free (as fan work). This jerk that's selling other people's fan work is giving a bad name for us... It would be a good idea if Gideon Zhi, Nightcrawler and other people whom's work is being sold, would write a letter like Taskforce did to have their work removed off that person's site. If enough translations/hacks get removed, that site will have to be closed.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:28 am 

I've been checking the guy's site on a daily basis and it seems our patches have yet to be removed.
I see Mystic Ark, Ranma 1/2, Lennus 2 and Torneko no Daibouken there, if I'm not missing any.

Edit: I've been sniffing around, and I found out the guy claims that pretty much any game can be turned into a cart and then sold by him.
Even if our current patches are removed, he'll keep trying this as more projects are rolled out. I say this guy is a constant menace to the good
meaning intent of our hobby here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:43 am 
Site Admin

I'll give him until Next Monday, at which point I'll fire a second e-mail off to the server. I must have missed Torneko no Daibouken cause I didn't see he had it. So i didn't include it in the e-mail. If someone wants to fire off a seperate e-mail about that game. That would be nice.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
I'll give him until Next Monday, at which point I'll fire a second e-mail off to the server. I must have missed Torneko no Daibouken cause I didn't see he had it. So i didn't include it in the e-mail. If someone wants to fire off a seperate e-mail about that game. That would be nice.
TnD being in there really irritates me because it's not finished. I hate for people to get it that way - pay all that money for a cart version - then judge our work based on an incomplete patch. I wish we hadn't released it as a V0.99 years ago, but Necrosaro never envisioned something such as this happening, I'll bet.

Missing for a final V1.00: The Intro segment needs an ASM fix; the title page needs finishing; the game locks in the bonus round when certain menus are used; the released version lacks the completed graphic hacks we painstakingly put together in 2008 or 09 that are quite nifty! I've got the old inserter, but for some reason I can't get it to re-compile the working ROM. I wish I had a new inserter set up for it like the kind we use now. I also found a few needed edits in there while I was playing it about two years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:41 pm 

I think a lot of the DD games have been removed from the site but its hard to tell. The owner also put up a strange message about certain SNES games being removed. I did notice that Just Breed is still up there and there might be some others still.

UPDATE: It looks like the SNES section has been gutted. I don't see any of Nightcrawler's or Gideon's games either right now, nor Dragon Quest 3 from DaMarsMan.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:02 am 

From the site:

"I am having issues getting chips for alot of the SNES games. I have pulled the ones that use these chips temporarly off the site. All current orders in are not affected. Hope to have it resolved soon. Thanks"

Now ain't that worth a laugh folks?
Some excuse for having the syringe close to his behind.

Currently, FF5 (by RPGe if I recall correctly) is still present in the Snes section, same for TnD but I see no others.
There are some Genesis games also: Bare Knuckle 3 (retranslation byTwilight Translations), Pulseman and King Colossus (MIJET),
Megaman The Wily Wars (possibly the SRAM fix patch by Mottzilla), Monster World IV (as a collab effort between Dejap and others).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:36 am 
Site Admin

Our Nes games are all still there...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:51 am 
Site Admin

Any word TF on if/when the team's NES translations will be taken down from his site?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next