Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Congratulations Red Soul on Brazil getting the 2016 Olympics
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:46 pm 

I saw on your signature that you were from Brazil so I thought I would offer my congratulations on getting the Olympics. I think this is the first time that the Olympics have been in South America and Brazil itself has been really transforming in the past few decades so I think it deserved it much in the same way China deserved the last one.

So if I come down to Brazil in 2016, make sure you give me some good suggestions on where to visit ;) I actually am really interested in visiting Manaus and the surrounding region. It is so amazing to think of a city will a million people surrounded by the Amazon.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

Post subject: Re: Congratulations Red Soul on Brazil getting the 2016 Olympics
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:33 am 

Thanks Ultpaladin.
If you like being in contact with nature, all of the Northern Region is the place to go, its a big area so its difficult
to suggest anything in particular, but in general you'll find a very exotic cousine and culture, some areas still barely
touched and even some native living areas.

Now honestly, the fact Brazil won is, in my opinion more harmful than good.
We have seriously corrupt politicans starting all the way up from the governmental organisms, so a big event
like that will serve to line their pockets with gold, so to speak, as they overprice building materials
and leak money in every way imaginable. Same thing happened during the last Pan American Games and also
happens during carnival - everyone suddenly forgets the quicksand under their feet to act like stupid drunken
idiots and add to the statistical disaster that already overclouds our land.
Brazilians are put as a heartwarming, cheerful folk. Let me tell you, any fellow country person of mine
with a shred of conscience knows that's postcard talk.

We are hemmed between corruption, unfair taxes and to that you can add police ineffectness, weak
overly forgiving laws for criminals, strong reign of drug dealers especially in Rio...I could go on
but I suggest you avoid "Postcard locales" if you ever visit. I know it sounds grim but its how it is
I love my country but hate our politicans of weak morals, and I'd see them dead if I could, along
with every idiot that sullies and delays the greatness this place was supposed to have...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:14 am 

I'm sorry to hear about those issues of corruption, I hope it somehow turns out to still be a triumph for Brazil in some way. At least the Olympics committee is starting to look farther than the traditional host countries like the US and Europe. And a similar pattern is emerging with other worldwide events since the World Cup is now going to be in South Africa (I think most of the world is pretty nervous about that considering recent events).

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:01 pm 
Yeah, I hate that 60% tax when importing something that costs more than US$ 50,00

And people complain when we pirate games, aff ...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:08 pm 

Indeed, no other way around it really.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:53 pm 

Rather spooky, you guys getting the Olympics straight after here in the UK lol. I wish you guys luck with it. Hopefully the UK Olympics wont be full of football violence and the like...It gets rather out of hand here.