Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The Three Best Beers in the World
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:15 pm 
Site Admin

Aw-right! Let's wake this place up with something serious. Assuming we are old enough and enjoy beer, what's our three favorites?

Okay, I've enjoyed many local and draft beers around the world, in countries such as Mexico, Canada, the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Spain, Germany, France, Italy, Greece, Israel, Egypt, Taiwan, the Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia, Okinawa, and Japan. I've also sampled imported beer from countries that I haven't visited yet. I don't drink a lot of beer, maybe an average of two beers per week year round - somewhat more in hot weather.

Plus, to keep my school-boy figure, only on rare occasions will I exceed three beers in a day's time - surrounding these tilted steins and bending elbows with hard labor that burns off the extra calories. I'm also not including beer sampled in micro-breweries - among the best I've consumed, in places such as Berkeley Heights, New Jersey and Manteo, North Carolina - truly outstanding brew-skies! *Yummy, yummy in the tummy* I just can't recall any of their names. But my three favorites that I enjoy off and on, year after year, are as follows:

*Blaring trumpets speak and randy strumpets twirl their ******s!*

1. The number one best beer in the entire world is St. Pauli Girl - from Germany - in the bottle.
2. A somewhat distant second is 33 (Ba Muoi Ba), from France and Vietnam - in the bottle.
3. A close third is Fosters, from Australian, on tap.

Honorable mention: Guinness Extra Stout - from England

If you love beer, try these and compare them to your favorites. I will do the same with anyone who lists favorites here.

Post subject: Re: The Three Best Beers in the World
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:33 am 
Site Admin

It's quite difficult for me to get ahold of some of those beers here in Korea :( We have a decent selection for an asian country, but more would be nice.

My top three beers:

1. Leffe Blonde: Only became my favorite recently... Love the light honey taste ;)
2. Hoegaarden: It has become extremely popular here in Korea over the past year... I liked it before it was cool. hehe
3. Anything from the local micro brewery

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:14 am 
Site Admin

This thread is a little old but I can't help but try to come up with three favorites. I'm envious of your travels and beer knowledge WB! I've been to Japan and Japanese beer is good but I'd say my three right now are...

- Long Trail Hefeweizen (VT) - Long Trail's Hef has an unique "banana" aroma to it.
- Harpoon IPA (Boston, MA/Windsor VT)
- Newcastle Brown Ale (I think it's English)

I've been trying to find a crappy cheap beer that I like to drink which so far is Pabst Blue Ribbon aka. "PBR"

I'll have to try some of these others that have been mentioned.

BTW: WTF, I live in the US and I don't think I've ever seen or heard of Bud Dark. I'll have to see if I can find it.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:19 am 
Site Admin

I think that is the "real" Budweiser from somewhere in Europe (can't remember where).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:46 pm 
Site Admin

I had a prof in university who told me the story of the original Budweiser. It was beloved by the king of the area where it was created (Lichtenstein??)... And it was even called "the Beer of Kings"... Later, it was ripped off... errr... copied by the Americans who gave it the slogan, "the King of Beers". Dunno how true the story is, but we all loved it at the time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:31 pm 
Site Admin

Draken wrote:
I had a prof in university who told me the story of the original Budweiser. It was beloved by the king of the area where it was created (Lichtenstein??)... And it was even called "the Beer of Kings"... Later, it was ripped off... errr... copied by the Americans who gave it the slogan, "the King of Beers". Dunno how true the story is, but we all loved it at the time.
I believe the dispute is more over the marketing name than the formula. That part of Germany is now owned by the Czech Republic, but the European version of Budweiser has been brewed since medieval times, whereas Adolphus Busch I emigrated from Kastel, a district of Wiesbaden in the Grand Duchy of Hesse in 1857.
Hmm... I need to examine this further...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:03 pm 
Site Admin

Master Chen wrote:
Draken: there wasn't anything like "ripping off" or etc., "American Bud" and "European Budweiser" are made by the same company, but by using different types of labels and with different approaching ways of how marketing is done "on place".

USA's "Bud" marketing was done in more aggressive and compulsive way: to fit the expectations and likeliness of local people - Bud's commercials always "SCREAMS" to buy it.
European "Budweiser" is your typical way of doing European-style trade-marketing: more calmer and somewhat more smarter way, I saw European commercial for "Budweiser" - it's very gentle and intelligent, nothing like Bud's.

They both done by the same company, but different places of production and local cultural preferences make it's mark on the way of how sellers do things, it was always like that - for centuries.

Also, even though Wikia states that Origin of Budweiser is USA - that is not true.

Also, there WAS a time like "Beer Wars" - but even so, even though today USA's "Anheuser-Busch" (Which is making Budweiser under that particular label) has nothing (and particularly DOESN'T WANT TO, 'cause they lost in courtship cases several times in a row already...duh) in common with the original "Budweiser Budvar" label - they still made by the one and the same company.

Wildbill wrote:

Did you shaved your mustache off? It looks like it. Also...do I see a kippah there?

Also...huh, you have your own build-in image host on site? That's neat! It's good to be the site's Admin. %))
Nyet (нет), Comrade ла́сность... And I'm a gentle gentile all-the-way, except when I'm armed and dangerous!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:52 pm 
Site Admin

Speaking of beer, I should add that after having great success with creating my first apple cider (hard cider), I started up an IPA last weekend. I really can't wait to bottle it! Too bad I have to wait so long (about a month) before it will be totally ready for consumption.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:00 am 

I don't really drink much but let me see.

1. Stella Artois From Belgium

2. Tiger I'm not sure where it's from exactly. I would figure Asia.

3. Fosters Ice (do they even sell that version anymore?)

Also filler you're right. Newcastle Brown is from England. It's often refered to as Newkie Brown here
but still offically as Newcastle Brown Ale. Ales are too strong for me though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:54 pm 

Draken wrote:
It's quite difficult for me to get ahold of some of those beers here in Korea :( We have a decent selection for an asian country, but more would be nice.

My top three beers:

1. Leffe Blonde: Only became my favorite recently... Love the light honey taste ;)
2. Hoegaarden: It has become extremely popular here in Korea over the past year... I liked it before it was cool. hehe
3. Anything from the local micro brewery

1 & 2 are Belgian beers