Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I wish I can unwatch these documentaries...
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:38 pm 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Hey, I know I'm kind of necromancing this thread. Don't let me stir up a debate again if you'd just as soon it was put to rest. However, my curiosity is piqued enough that I'll be watching both the Zetgiests and Esoteric Agenda. I'll admit that I really enjoy the spirit of Michael Moore's documentaries, and I'm mistrustful of the greed and corruption that seems obvious in our government and corporate systems. To state a perspective that I've begun to adopt recently, I've unknowingly labored under an assumption that there is someone out there who is looking out for me. However, I'm feeling more and more that while there are plenty of good opportunities and positive things in the world, I don't think that the people that should be looking out for us really are. I think the vast majority of them are only looking out for themselves. I'm not saying it's a dog eat dog world and everything sucks, but take any situation where your first assumption is "Someone must be planning/preparing for/taking care of that so I don't need to worry about it", probably the person that's supposed to be doing that is not, and furthermore may be actively making whatever it is far worse for their own personal gain. That is an idea that I'm allowing to stay in the back of my mind these days. At any rate, I plan to approach these films with curiosity rather than bias. I have no desire to buy into a conspiracy theory but I do want to hear what these have to say regardless. I'm blaming you for any negative effects Bongo'. :)
I recommend that you throw Bill O'Reilly's Who's Looking out for You? into the mix.

Post subject: Re: I wish I can unwatch these documentaries...
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:16 am 
Site Admin

Ooh, I will. Thanks for that. :)

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB