Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Snes RPG Gaming (Status)
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:01 pm 

As of a week or so ago Weebly decided to take my website down and delete my account without no prior warning. I contacted them and asked why and all I got in an answer was "I broke their ToS rule(s)'.. after 8 years or so of the website being used daily. They would NOT tell me which rules, or would not give me a chance to rectify whatever it was that they deemed rule breaking and just literally banned & deleted my account.

This has really made me not want to write anymore guides for games OR even create a new website so as of now I will NOT be actively writing guides or anything anymore, I really DO apologise but having 8/9 years of my time/hard work/life erased in an instant without NO prior warning or asking me to make corrections so it was back within the ToS has really disheartened me greatly.

Good luck with future game releases guys, I will pop back every now and then to see what's going on but that's about it now, thanks for all you've done.

SylarDean

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

Post subject: Re: Snes RPG Gaming (Status)
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:12 pm 

SylarDean wrote:
As of a week or so ago Weebly decided to take my website down and delete my account without no prior warning. I contacted them and asked why and all I got in an answer was "I broke their ToS rule(s)'.. after 8 years or so of the website being used daily. They would NOT tell me which rules, or would not give me a chance to rectify whatever it was that they deemed rule breaking and just literally banned & deleted my account.

This has really made me not want to write anymore guides for games OR even create a new website so as of now I will NOT be actively writing guides or anything anymore, I really DO apologise but having 8/9 years of my time/hard work/life erased in an instant without NO prior warning or asking me to make corrections so it was back within the ToS has really disheartened me greatly.

Good luck with future game releases guys, I will pop back every now and then to see what's going on but that's about it now, thanks for all you've done.

SylarDean

It hurts me to read this. I had your site as a reference one when it comes to rpgs, along with kurisu's blog. This is such a dick move from Weebly. I can't fathom what kind of rules could your site be infringing for they to take such drastic measures, really. This is why I don't upload any site in this kind of hosting services, you never know when they'll do things like this. I want to thank you for all these years of taking care of the site and updating it with contents. I'm gonna miss it for sure :(

PD: also another very important site for PCEngine rpg fans was lost a few months ago: Brothers Duomazov. It had lots of reviews of PCE rpgs.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:36 pm 

R.I.P. Snes RPG Gaming. We shall never see its like again...

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:28 am 

My sympathies to the OP. There's an Archive.org capture of the site as recently as January 2019:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190125160 ... eebly.com/

At least the content is still available somewhere (barring any updates since January 25) if you ever wanted to start over.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:24 am 
Site Admin

Sorry to hear they did that to you. I know many people found your site helpful. Thanks for running it for all these years.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:12 pm 

Sorry to hear about your site.
Do you have a backup of your content?

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:10 am 

It looks like the site's back up? Or am I confused? This is it, right?

https://snesrpggaming.weebly.com/

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:47 pm 

seems to be back. and now's a damn good time to make a backup it hasn't been done already.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:15 pm 

yes.. it's back up but i'm not sure for how long.. I requested that they allow the site to be published for a short time so I could DL a copy of the site. I wasn't even aware they had done this until i checked here late last night, I had no email from Weebly saying they allowed this and for me to head there to DL my site, which btw took 6 hours for 1.8gb of data. In ANY case.. I have now a copy of it but am very reluctant to put it up on any other website that has the same type of usage as Weebly, i believe WIX does but not 100% sure. As stated in OP i'm really disheartened to even bother at this time now with a chance it could happen again.

Thanks for the heads up on the website being active.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:24 am 
Site Admin

I'm sorry to hear about what happened, it really sucks when certain websites decide to pull such stunts on their loyal members. I've read of similar things happening to others as well on the web and it usually never ends well. But at least you were able to backup your work so it wasn't all a waste. I don't have much experience with this, but did you consider hosting your work over at rpgclassics? A lot of games there have nice shrines/pages dedicated to them. Or if you would prefer to simply host walkthrough text files, gamefaqs is always a good choice. Whatever you choose to do, good luck! And don't worry if you don't feel like continuing on. Although it would be a shame for others to miss out on your hard work, no one can really blame you if you choose to quit after all that's happened to you.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)