Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Fonts for others to use.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:36 pm 
Site Admin

OK, so a long time ago, I promised I'd try to give you guys some fonts for your use. I never got around to following through with that. I think its time to change that. With that said, I'm going to release some of my old work as well as new original work in this thread for you guys to use elsewhere. The only thing I ask of you, is please don't use them in for profit projects. Hopefully, someone will find these useful at some point.

I will not release all fonts we've used on all projects. Not all of the fonts were my work. And I can't release what work I didn't do, sorry.

First off, half the time I have a specific reason I make a font the way I do. Something about the game will lead me to an idea for a font. This isn't always the case, but I hope you'll forgive me if I tell you those reasons as I release my fonts when they are appropriate. I promise to keep them short.

Here is the first of many fonts to come.

This is our font we used for Mystic Ark and my second most favorite font I ever made - My favorite being Princess Minerva's font. Because the game used brown on beige text boxes, it resembled an old book to me. With that in mind I made a font that would take advantage of that and give you the feeling of an old book. This is what I came up with...

MA_Font.rar

And sorry to have to restate this, but again, remember these are for non-profit project use only!!!

Post subject: Re: Fonts for others to use.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:52 am 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
OK, so a long time ago, I promised I'd try to give you guys some fonts for your use. I never got around to following through with that. I think its time to change that. With that said, I'm going to release some of my old work as well as new original work in this thread for you guys to use elsewhere. The only thing I ask of you, is please don't use them in for profit projects. Hopefully, someone will find these useful at some point.

I will not release all fonts we've used on all projects. Not all of the fonts were my work. And I can't release what work I didn't do, sorry.

First off, half the time I have a specific reason I make a font the way I do. Something about the game will lead me to an idea for a font. This isn't always the case, but I hope you'll forgive me if I tell you those reasons as I release my fonts when they are appropriate. I promise to keep them short.

This is our font we used for Mystic Ark and my second most favorite font I ever made - My favorite being Princess Minerva's font. Because the game used brown on beige text boxes, it resembled an old book to me. With that in mind I made a font that would take advantage of that and give you the feeling of an old book. This is what I came up with...

MA_Font.rar

And sorry to have to restate this, but again, remember these are for non-profit project use only!!!

Cool beans,my dear sir. And a spiffy new Avatar you have there!? :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:23 pm 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:

MA_Font.rar

This might work again for that Dark Kingdom game if the scripting engine is do-able and y'all are interested. Or maybe a font with a bit of a Gothic or Satanic-lair look. I still want to know if the main character finds redemption and turns on his "boss" at the beginning of the game. Dark Kingdom has a Seventh Saga and Mystic Ark feel.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:02 am 
Site Admin

Alright guys, it is time for my first original fonts (first two actually!) This time, I wanted to release the most generic of fonts. This is a generic block font. And I've done both a thick and thin version. The thin version isn't thin as far as lines, its thin as far as making more CPL per line. So they look very similar but the thin version nets more CPL per line at the cost of looking less attractive. I thought it was time someone released a standard generic thick font for use by everyone.

Thick version
theblock.rar

Thin Version
theblockthin.rar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:19 pm 

Spoiler! :
taskforce wrote:
Alright guys, it is time for my first original fonts (first two actually!) This time, I wanted to release the most generic of fonts. This is a generic block font. And I've done both a thick and thin version. The thin version isn't thin as far as lines, its thin as far as making more CPL per line. So they look very similar but the thin version nets more CPL per line at the cost of looking less attractive. I thought it was time someone released a standard generic thick font for use by everyone.

Thick version
theblock.rar

Thin Version
theblockthin.rar

Those fonts are very nice. I think they have a sci-fi feeling but since many SNES JRPGs have a fantasy theme or exotic theme I think it has that darkly gothic medieval feeling. I could be wrong. Maybe it's more proper for the games that are similar to the apocalyptic or contemporary horror stories written by classic authors like H.G. Wells, Poe, Stephen King and etc. But I think it is perfect for anything in Atlus' stable like the Shin Megami Tensei games and similar first-person dungeon-crawlers from other companies.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:39 pm 
Site Admin

Oh and just in case it wasn't obvious, those are 8x16 and setup for use as VWF. Mystic ark is 16x16 and VWF.