Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Scheduled and Unscheduled Travel...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

Yesterday, I left Virginia and drove to North Carolina on the spur of the moment. This has interrupted both home building duties and game writing activities, but I did have time to copy my Slayers and Burning Heroes files to a flash drive and have since loaded them into my "road" laptop. I should be getting some Slayers work done off and on over the next week or so, but then I must leave again, for New York at the beginning of February.

For those familiar with my personal situation in North Carolina, I can add that everything is under control now that I am here and will remain that way for as long as I stay. Soon, I expect to place one and maybe even both of my North Carolina homes on the market. That will use up a bit more of my game time for a while. I just wanted everyone to know why I've been forced to slow down my writing pace. Too many distractions at the moment.

But the New York trip will be a festive occasion for the family and has been planned since last spring. Younger son, Tommy, now a grad student attending Yale, won the Mannes Conservatory concerto competition in 2009 - first place - and will perform at the Lincoln Center on February 4, playing Vivaldi's Bassoon Concerto in E-flat Minor with the full Mannes Orchestra at Alice Tully Hall. For those who enjoy classical music, here is a decent-if-not-quite-perfect recording he made with the Chelsea Symphony in NYC about a year ago, performing the bassoon solo in Weber's Hungarian Andante and Rondo.

http://www.dynamic-designs.us/wildbill/ ... l_2009.mp3

Post subject: Re: Scheduled and Unscheduled Travel...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:44 am 
Site Admin

Nice stuff! It just made my morning webpage surfing a little more cultured ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:00 am 
Site Admin

You must be very proud of your son. Congrats to you both. I hope you are having a good time and I wish him the best of luck next week. Thanks as always for your work on Slayers from the road and otherwise. :)

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:53 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
You must be very proud of your son. Congrats to you both. I hope you are having a good time and I wish him the best of luck next week. Thanks as always for your work on Slayers from the road and otherwise. :)
It is indeed my pleasure, Matt, and I am the one who should be thanking you for being a part of our merry little band during the Slayers and Aretha-II era! As for my road progress, getting away from all of my "day" work in Virginia enabled me to shoot forward a little with Slayers. In fact, I released a Slayers V0.75 update tonight (from the team) instead of knocking on the door of the Coastal Union's labyrinth and searching for the key!