Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Its my birthday!
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:52 pm 
Site Admin

Bah! Im a year older now. What do i do with myself...

Post subject: Re: Its my birthday!
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:36 pm 
Site Admin

Happy birthday man.

If Wildbill could just find time to get me Princess Minerva back soon, maybe I could find you some bugs to squash and then you'd know what to do with yourself :)

Speaking of which. Have you actually looked at those convoluted graphical menus in that game.

I tried changing some of the text and it led to interesting results.

Some tiles are reused just like a standard font.

And doing too much broke things entirely because of compression going over byte count I think.

Those babies will be a real challange.

And have you thought about adding a shadow to the font to match the menus? I talked about it before but I'm not sure if you understood what I wanted.

Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY! I hope you have a great year to come. (LOL Your)

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:09 am 
Site Admin

Happy B-day!!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:45 am 

Happy Birthday, you certainly deserve a day to relax and have fun.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:37 am 
Site Admin

Happy birthday Bongo`! And sorry for the late reply, I've been pretty busy these past few weeks and just about everyone else as well it seems. Well, I'll be getting back to work on my translations this week which is certainly nice (finally finished with my other work). Hopefully, this place will become a little more active as well. I've seriously missed working together with you guys on our translations! :)

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:28 pm 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
Bah! Im a year older now. What do i do with myself...
Sorry, I'm late conveying my well-wishes. Everything came to a head here with my family matters. For the past week, I've been totally detached from this and the rest of the real world. (Yep, D-D is a big part of my real world, but these issues are not.)

Yeah, I'm tired of counting birthday's, too. Seems like every time the family powers up a cake with candles for me, the VFD threatens to charge me with 'failure to control a conflagration'.

I'm finally almost at the point in which I hope to disengage my mind from what's been occupying me greatly since about last November and test the waters to see if I can concentrate on our work long enough to confirm that I've overcome a weird form of writers block. (Clumsy sentence form, but it's accurate.) Yep, my issues started several months before we released BH and SS-II, but we were on cruise control with those two games by November. As for these issues, the most difficult problems are handled, except we still don't know the outcome of Sherry's job situation (read: security). But at least I have a fallback plan in place now to handle the worst case scenario.

Finally, as soon as I get one of my kids settled who's starting a new job (need about a week more), I plan to get rolling on game work again - somewhat. However, Sherry and I are taking a second vacation this year while the taking is good. In about three weeks, we're flying to Hawaii to spend about half of June, but it's not totally how it sounds. We lived there once - from 1997-2001. I'll have our laptops along, so I may get some actual game work done. We'll be splitting our time between the islands of Oahu and Molokai.

So, Bongo`, happy birthday, again. I hope you and your family are coping with the loss of your father. One never get's over this, but in time a sense of happiness in life does return. If you are ready to work again, I will get you an A-II report soon. A complex series of string errors (apparently random misdirections) are occurring, and I need time to sit down and concentrate on the details so I can construct a cogent report. PM and CS work will follow. To assure continuity, I need to review and refresh everything previous regarding CS.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:29 am 

Hey happy B-Day Bongo'!
Don't worry about being older buddy, instead consider that
you have grown much wiser than the year before, and the wise
lead happier lives. So considering this progression, you are looking
at a very good prospect. Thanks for being part of the lives of everyone
here, for yet another year friend. It is my wish that this will repeat many more times.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:23 am 

Sorry I'm late but Happy belated Bongo`, hope you enjoyed your day and thanks for helping me the other day