Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Rules, hmmm...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:18 am 
Site Admin

We haven't really needed any since our return with the release of Lennus-II. I believe this is because of the tone we have set. I see myself as nothing more than a gamer who just happens to help produce translations. As most people who enjoy doing something creative and worthwhile, I get a kick out of sharing the experience with others. In so-called real life, I always try to keep a verbal conversation stimulating and enjoyable because I want listeners to become excited about what I'm discussing.

It's no different here. Sounding a negative or discordant note on this board would be the same as acting like an ass to people's faces, then wondering why they shun us. In an atmosphere that promotes a free exchange of ideas, as we try to do here, speakers should feel comfortable most of the time. Participants in discussions should be relaxed and spontaneous, not have to tiptoe around all uptight about a bunch of silly little rules they might be breaking. So, I hope we can avoid something such as The 10 Commandments of the D-D Forums, or whatever.

Nevertheless, here's a proposed rule 1:

----------------------------------

1. Other than the obvious reasons a translation site establishes forums, our foremost objective is to have fun, the purpose for which video games exist. Everyone is encouraged to project that spirit here and gently coax those who may be straying back into the proper frames of mind.

----------------------------------

As I said, we really haven't discussed rules because we haven't seen a need. If these boards grow, that will be the call of the gaming community, and expansion may dictate more structure. Regardless, no matter how this operation evolves - if it does - I hope we will never install a flame board. I truly believe this is the wrong sort of place for someone to reveal his or her dark or mean-spirited side, if she or he has one.

I suppose our team got a bit testy while we were discussing what our new name would be, but now it seems as if we have been D-D forever. Yes, it's a comfortable fit for us as we continue to both play hard and work hard to create new translations.

Many thanks to all who visit here. We truly enjoy your encouragement, your companionship, and your assistance with projects. Please help us preserve our proposed Rule #1!