Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Akujin Contact?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:24 am 

Hi, everyone. I'm working on an essay about Cocoron, and I'm wondering if anyone here has contact information for Akujin. I've written about games for Paste, Kotaku, and I even wrote a book about Mega Man 3 for Boss Fight Books, and I want to ask him a few questions about why he chose to translate Cocoron, his opinion of the game, and what that process was like. I'm sure you all know, but Cocoron was the game Mega Man creator Akira Kitamura directed right after leaving Capcom post-Mega Man 2. Any help reaching Akujin would be incredible. I tracked down a hotmail address, but I imagine that might be a little outdated. Thanks either way.

Post subject: Re: Akujin Contact?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:28 am 
Site Admin

Sorry, haven't heard anything from Akujin in years now, probably been at least 10 but I'm sure more like 15. I'd love to know that he is at least doing OK and hope he pops back around someday. Sadly, I haven't heard from Faraday in some time either. Though he did pop up at one time after a few years. But I haven't heard from him now in at least 5 years or more either. I hope both are doing well and I hope they pop around someday just to say all is well.

Post subject: Re: Akujin Contact?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:05 pm 

Rats. I kind of figured this, but you don't happen to know where he lived when he was translating or approximately how old he was? I'm assuming a teenager or twenty-something, but even that's a guess. Do you know for sure he's a man? Thanks so much. It's truly appreciated.