Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Post subject: Re: My top translation list.
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:45 pm 

hausen wrote:
By the way, I actually have the cart, so would you like to have scans of the manual? 30 pages of gobblegook and a nice map included. :geek:

Wow, that is massive! You should pass the PDF copy of it and the map along to SylarDean, co-manager of SNESRPGGaming, here. He'd do well to edit both the manual and especially the map picture with English wordings!

By the way, Bongo', who translated this game (Shiki Eiyuuden) for you? Or was it all your own work?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:41 am 

Oh the map isn't actually a separate item, it's in the manual :D
It was helpful to make some sense of the gigantic ingame world map to translate the town names from it. At first I had no idea if the larger towns were made up places, but they're indeed the capitals of each of the 7 "warring states" and Luoyang which was a separate royal capital.

I'm also interested in the state of this translation, especially if some gruntwork I can help you guys with translating, like enemy or item lists or if such things need to be done

The power of Google Translate helped me make sense of the opening text here, maybe not completely accurate:

Spoiler! :
Our story takes place in 300 BC.

On the Japanese Archipelago, the Jōmon period
has been succeeded by the Yayoi period.

In mainland China, the season of Spring and Autumn
is followed by a time of Warring States.

The Zhou Dynasty holds fading, titular power.

Nobles continue the vain fight in order to survive
or become champions.

The land is withering and its people exhausted.

There was a boy who lived quietly in a corner
of this war-torn world --

-- his father and mother killed, brother conscripted
into the army, and sister sold as a slave to reduce
the mouths to feed.

The world has given him little hope to push from day
to day, but the hate for the war continues to burn
secretly in his heart...

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:46 am 
Site Admin

ObiKKa wrote:
hausen wrote:
By the way, I actually have the cart, so would you like to have scans of the manual? 30 pages of gobblegook and a nice map included. :geek:

Wow, that is massive! You should pass the PDF copy of it and the map along to SylarDean, co-manager of SNESRPGGaming, here. He'd do well to edit both the manual and especially the map picture with English wordings!

By the way, Bongo', who translated this game (Shiki Eiyuuden) for you? Or was it all your own work?

It's still being translated so I can't say yet. No jinxing.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:35 pm 

ObiKKa wrote:
hausen wrote:

ummm? i think you mean "owner" of SnesRpgGaming .. lol, a simple mistake :) on another note, I COULD try giving the map an edit like i'm doing
with the "Super Shell Monsters story 2" world map for D-D. My only problem would be the translation of names of places, i'd have to see a picture
of the world map first to see if there's anything I could actually do with it, but i could take a look if they wish.

They can see my SSmS-2 map translation progress below if they wish to take a look, keeping in mind it's my first attempt at editing maps, they can
see by looking at all the posts from what the original picture was to my nearly finished product, a lot has been done to it so far.

http://www.dynamic-designs.us/d-dforum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=704

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:10 pm 

The "nice" part may be overstated, it's nothing massive like that beautiful 4-part SSM2 map. Here's a quick sample with translations of the location names on the side, they weren't difficult to decipher being real-world locations. For cities I added state names in parentheses. I'll scan the rest of the manual in better resolution including this map page for a complete PDF later ;)

Spoiler! :
Attachment:
shiki eiyuuden map2.png
shiki eiyuuden map2.png [ 1.41 MiB | Viewed 27120 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 1:55 am 

hausen wrote:
The "nice" part may be overstated, it's nothing massive like that beautiful 4-part SSM2 map. Here's a quick sample with translations of the location names on the side, they weren't difficult to decipher being real-world locations. For cities I added state names in parentheses. I'll scan the rest of the manual in better resolution including this map page for a complete PDF later ;)

Spoiler! :
Attachment:
shiki eiyuuden map2.png

well that map looks pretty simple, i don't think that would take me very long to tidy up. The creased line down middle of the page I could
remove, then i'd probably just remove the japanese writing inside the black boxes and put in the English names. If you'd like me to try
and give it a go.. once your .pdf is done send me a link to it so i can download it and I will see what I can do for you. Would you also want
the (zhou) (han) (chu) etc.. added in with the place's name? for example.. Louyang OR Louyang (Zhou). In any case let me know and when
ur ready send me the .pdf.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:04 am 

Here's links to scans of the manual. The item lists are only partial but spell list has all the spells and their effects. Seems to have lots of interesting details... well for the japanese minded atleast and that's not me. It took me ages to figure out how to hire mercenaries for a start, heh. Now feel free to enjoy this most obscure document ;)

Ah, I made one typo with the previous image. It's Luoyang, not Louyang. For those state names, they're not included in the map text but I just threw them in to clarify things a bit if you wanted to compare the map to one such as this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warring_States_period#/media/File:EN-WarringStatesAll260BCE.jpg, corresponding to time the game takes place in. If you have time to tidy up the map, I think it'd be helpful to include them, taking space into account though.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:04 pm 

SylarDean wrote:
ObiKKa wrote:
hausen wrote:

ummm? i think you mean "owner" of SnesRpgGaming .. lol, a simple mistake :)]

Lol, sorry about that. 'Owner' of SnesRPGGaming it is!
I also found that I made the 680,000th visit here. Such a beautiful, nice number! Anyway, the manual is massive at 79MB! There are so much text in there to translate. So maybe it'd be better for SylarDean to translate the intro, controls, character briefs and core concepts inside the manual onto a game page on his website. Also zoomed out that seam along the middle of the map image looks ugly and slightly disjointed. There are also details missing in there. So it'd be a bit hard to fix it all up.

Last edited by ObiKKa on Fri May 13, 2016 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:04 am 

It's true the map image wraps under the page slightly in the middle so it's rather impossible to get it well aligned for a scan.

The manual's indeed pretty lengthy... I was hoping even in japanese it might help anyone translating (or just playing the game). Character bios, spell and item names/effects could be helpful to have in english if nothing else. That said, I could try writing a short bullet-point walkthrough when I finish the game, it's a bit mad not understanding anything but I seem to be making slight progress here and there (Xianyang is the only town now I haven't visited).

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 5:47 am 

ObiKKa wrote:
SylarDean wrote:
ObiKKa wrote:
hausen wrote:

ummm? i think you mean "owner" of SnesRpgGaming .. lol, a simple mistake :)]

Lol, sorry about that. 'Owner' of SnesRPGGaming it is!
I also found that I made the 680,000th visit here. Such a beautiful, nice number! Anyway, the manual is massive at 79MB! There are so much text in there to translate. So maybe it'd be better for SylarDean to translate the intro, controls, character briefs and core concepts inside the manual onto a game page on his website. Also zoomed out that seam along the middle of the map image looks ugly and slightly disjointed. There are also details missing in there. So it'd be a bit hard to fix it all up.

LOL! I have NOT got a clue where you got the idea from that I translate stuff, I think your getting me mixed up with someone else from the D-D team maybe?
The only thing iv'e really been doing for D-D is guides on my website for a few of their games and tried my hand at editing that SSmS-2 world map, which is
turning out to be a LOT better than what I imagined it would be.. as it's the first time iv'e ever tried to edit a world map like that before for a game's translation.
All the translated sections were either given to me by members of the D-D team or they are places that I have actually been too in the game as I have been
beta testing it out for Wildbill. It turns out that im a pretty dab hand at editing these maps so it could be something that D-D could keep in mind for future projects
if they have world maps that need editing :)

As I stated in previous posts above, my skill lies in just editing the maps, that's all I am able to do, but now the scans are there I can take a look and see what I can
do with the world map. I'm currently having a mess around with creating maps to look much better graphically that old out of page scans, i'll have a mess around
with that with THIS games map and see how it turns out before i start editing the otiginal map, you never know, you might decide to use the one I create instead.

Spoiler! :

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next