Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Post subject: Re: My top translation list.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

I'm not sure, I've played Kouryuu no Mimi last year and didn't remember seeing any such problems. Maybe it was something minor such as a small text spill during a certain scene in the game or a part of the credits not being translated. In any case, whatever it was, I didn't notice or at least don't recall. And yes, all respects go out to ChrisRPG and for all his dedicated work in the romhacking scene.

Speaking of which, there's still a number of really great Super Robot Wars games that still don't have a proper translation yet for both the SNES and GBA. It would definitely take too long to add them all to the list, so I'll just mention them here. I'm mostly interested in Super Robot Wars 4 for the SNES since it continues the main story line. What a great series of games, I can't believe it took me this long to finally get around to playing the series. Giant Mecha robots in a strategy game? I'm there! It reminds a bit of Front Mission.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:28 pm 

A English translation patch for Ghost Chaser Densei is now released! http://www.romhacking.net/translations/3021/

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:22 am 
Site Admin

Great, thanks for the heads up! I've crossed it off the list now. Finally, I was able to see what the story was actually about. Maybe it's just me, but I think that this could have been made into an interesting anime. It would probably be kind of short though, unless more things would have been added that weren't in the actual game. I've noticed something interesting about this translation. If you press the "A" button, it will take you past the splash screen. However, if you press "Start", there will be a screen written in what I assume is Vietnamese that will explain the various combo moves in the game. Makes me wonder why the translators didn't write it in English for this version. Not that it's a big deal, there's already a pretty good FAQ with a complete combo/move list over at gamefaqs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:33 pm 
Site Admin

I just wanted to mention that I've updated my list and it's now up to forty (minus the already completed ones that have a strike through them). I'm pretty much done with it now so be sure to have a look. One game in particular that I wanted to mention was Dolucky no Puzzle Tour '94 which is a nice, fast paced SNES puzzle game similar to Dossun! Stone Battle. It doesn't have much text to translate except for the small bits of dialogue found in the story mode. Here's a link to a video of the gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD04yva1dbA

Edit: I think that Samurai Spirits/Shodown RPG for the PSX would also deserve a translation. There's an incomplete beta translation for the Neo Geo CD, but it's only half finished from what I've seen and a lot of text in various description screens were left out. I believe that there's also a French and possibly Spanish translation as well, but I'm not entirely sure.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:00 am 
Site Admin

Looks like a complete translation was just released two days ago for Kirby no Kirakira Kizzu, so we can cross this game off the list:
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/4917/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:29 pm 

Recca wrote:
Looks like a complete translation was just released two days ago for Kirby no Kirakira Kizzu, so we can cross this game off the list:
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/4917/

You can also cross Undercover Cops off. Looks like it was translated in February, and by RPGONE at that. That's one more off the list. Even if this year isn't as good for SFC releases as the last one, some work is still being done!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:30 am 

Bongo` wrote:
Recca wrote:

22. Shiki Eiyuuden (SNES RPG):
http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/571308-shiki-eiyuuden

23. Bushi Seiryuuden: Futari no Yuusha (SNES RPG):
http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/581959-bushi-seiryuuden-futari-no-yuusha

23 - Stupid scripting engine... OK game I guess. :)

This has been translated recently and it is better than ok. It is a very unique game, excellent in my opinion. I had a ton of fun playing through it and getting under par for every battle was so much fun. The music is also very good, including the many different battle themes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8