Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Post subject: Re: My top translation list.
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:08 am 
Site Admin

Oh, posting manuals and maps is always welcome. Don't concern yourself over that. Even for projects we have no intention of doing, feel free to post 'em if you have 'em.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:46 pm 

Hey, is Recca still on here in the meantime? Or can someone here ping him to cross out the '9. Hyper Iria (SNES Action game - based on an anime series)' line on his OP?

Also SNESCentral's Twitter just mentioned something about the disassembly codes being found for another game listed below on Datacrystal's SNES page (ROM Map, RAM Map). Will that help the romhackers here including Bongo' to figure out the game's code before deciding whether to fully translate it or not? There is also the older Bushi Seiryuden page with a Text table and Notes.

Quote:
23. Bushi Seiryuuden: Futari no Yuusha (SNES RPG)

• Also just need to ask around about this particular game...

I was looking up SNESCentral's Twitter feed when it referenced some eludevisibility articles submitted by Matthew Callis such as this one. It's called Chibi Maruko-chan - Mezase! Minami no Island!!

Three good example videos. It's created by Konami in 1995 so it is a sign of a good quality game possibly. It might be somewhat similar to the Ganbare Goemon series actually. This game seems to be a collection of several mini-games, eg. dodgeball, snake trail chases or lightcycles and so on, all set on good and varied level designs and has sharp hit detection. Although the cutscenes with the basic faces are awful to look at. So it might be worth translating, I think. It looks tough!
Any thoughts from any of you? Should we bother with this game, even with its minimal use of text?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:03 am 
Site Admin

ObiKKa wrote:
Hey, is Recca still on here in the meantime? Or can someone here ping him to cross out the '9. Hyper Iria (SNES Action game - based on an anime series)' line on his OP?
Thanks for mentioning this. I just took care of it.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:04 am 
Site Admin

Ah, thanks for that. Long time no see, guys. How's everyone doing? Sorry I've been away for so long, but there's been a lot of complications this year with both work and family. It's great to hear that Hyper Iria has finally been translated! I'm definitely looking forward to trying out this rare gem soon when I get the chance too. If things continue going smoothly, I should be able to restart my translation projects soon as well as helping out in any way I can with our English projects. I wonder where Red Soul is though? I haven't heard anything from him in over a year now. Hopefully, everything is okay on his end. Well, I guess I'll see you guys around soon.

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:23 pm 

Recca wrote:
7. Sengoku Denshou (SNES Beat Em' Up game)

Sengoku is already been translated in 4 years ago. http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1742/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:13 am 
Site Admin

How did I not notice that? Thanks for the heads up, I've taken it off the list. It's funny, because the same exact thing happened with Kouryuu no Mimi last year. I guess this is because RHDN won't give you any search results even if you misspelled just one letter.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:15 am 
Site Admin

Recca wrote:
I wonder where Red Soul is though? I haven't heard anything from him in over a year now. Hopefully, everything is okay on his end. Well, I guess I'll see you guys around soon.

Good to see you back Recca! Oh, RedSoul... I'm not sure how many people knew, but he had some pretty severe health issues that he had to deal with on a day-to-day basis. I know that these same issues took him out of the game on more than one occasion, but usually only for a short time. I hate to say it, but I fear the worst because it has been so long since any of us have heard from him :( I really hope I'm wrong, though, because he was a pretty great guy...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:54 am 

Spoiler! :
Draken wrote:
Recca wrote:
I wonder where Red Soul is though? I haven't heard anything from him in over a year now. Hopefully, everything is okay on his end. Well, I guess I'll see you guys around soon.

Good to see you back Recca! Oh, RedSoul... I'm not sure how many people knew, but he had some pretty severe health issues that he had to deal with on a day-to-day basis. I know that these same issues took him out of the game on more than one occasion, but usually only for a short time. I hate to say it, but I fear the worst because it has been so long since any of us have heard from him :( I really hope I'm wrong, though, because he was a pretty great guy...
Oh no. Poor him. My condolences to him at this time. It may be the case that we may not ever know what happens with him.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:21 am 
Site Admin

Damn, I really hope that's not the case here. Red Soul was indeed a really great guy with a positive and upbeat attitude towards everyone and everything. I certainly hope that he's alright and will once again be active here at the D-D board soon. It would be a terrible loss for sure to lose such a noble friend and esteemed team member.

Well, it's great to be back anyways. Thanks, Draken. I'm looking forward to once again being active on the front lines of our translation efforts soon. Though, I really hope that all is well with Red Soul...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:31 pm 

Recca wrote:
How did I not notice that? Thanks for the heads up, I've taken it off the list. It's funny, because the same exact thing happened with Kouryuu no Mimi last year. I guess this is because RHDN won't give you any search results even if you misspelled just one letter.

Didn't Kouryuu no Mimi have some technical problems, or did someone fixed that.
(poor ChrisRPG, though. He tried so hard... :( )

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next