Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Post subject: Re: The SNES translation list
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:50 pm 

filler wrote:
RetroGameFan9000 wrote:
MrRichard999 has released the complete translation patch for Bing Bing! Bingo.

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/3519/

I noticed that in the queue and wondered if it was an English translation. Curious if the game is fun.

Yes, it is in English for all the instructions for the mini games and all the horses names in the derby race. I had played it little bit and I think it is fun.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:12 am 
Site Admin

tcaud wrote:
That Tadaima Yuusha Botsuuchuu Okawari game looks really awesome... reminds me of Bahamut Lagoon in some ways.

Yeah, I looked at this game before. It's a board game RPG I believe?? Just about EVERYTHING is compressed, even the font. :( I'm not sure what the objective is to be honest with you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:34 am 

filler wrote:
RetroGameFan9000 wrote:
MrRichard999 has released the complete translation patch for Bing Bing! Bingo.

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/3519/

I noticed that in the queue and wondered if it was an English translation. Curious if the game is fun.

Well, it's sitting somewhere in my collection of SFC games I bought for next to nothing (when collecting RPGs several years ago, I also picked up a ton of puzzle and board game... filler, pardon me ... for the collection to get more out of the high shipping costs the site I was buying from was charging). I would set my expectations very low from just looking at the boxart, in a word: waifu.
There was one other game I had some thoughts on which I have but also was not expecting more than "cheap waifu game lol" but may not get around to if I want to get on the ball with studying Japanese and the handful of game scripts I was looking at as practice.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:54 am 

tcaud wrote:
Bongo` wrote:
tcaud wrote:
That Tadaima Yuusha Botsuuchuu Okawari game looks really awesome... reminds me of Bahamut Lagoon in some ways.

Yeah, I looked at this game before. It's a board game RPG I believe?? Just about EVERYTHING is compressed, even the font. :( I'm not sure what the objective is to be honest with you.

Some work has already been done: https://github.com/gdkchan/TYBOTools

No word on the story, though. If there's no character development, then may not be worth it.

Of the others:
- Elfaria
- Esparks
- Sword World
- Burai

On matter of Burai, there are so many versions. Which is the "best" version?

Unquestionably the PC Engine or the original PC version are the best ones -- for the sole reason that the second half of the story never came out on any other console (on PCE it was called "Burai II" but it's really just the second half of Burai, on the PC it was called part 2.) I've heard the SNES version is worse in other ways as well but I have only played the PCE one.

Unfortunately the PCE version has the common voiced cutscenes with no subtitles, which makes hacking considerably harder, I think? Since there's no carryover from Burai to Burai II I guess it doesn't really matter which system you play the first one on.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:17 am 

Yeah, if there's just cutscenes/no subtitles, it's going to be a massive pain to hack it. Not many PCE-CD projects get completed at all, apart from the major ones (and now one group is doing Anearth also, because everything is subtitled there). Probably the PC versions would be much easier all things considered.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:46 pm 

If you mean the Arcade Card Duo/Pro, from what I've heard those are specifically designed for graphics.
(though Arcade Card was exclusive to Japan, and even the Super CD card is extremely rare and expensive to find for the US console)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:17 pm 

Burai apparently plays the speech directly off the CD; the actors either talk really fast or they artificially sped up the dialogue, and people on nicovideo said it was to fit the scenes on the CD. But there's not as much speech as in Tengai Makyo, which I guess stored the speech as data instead.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:16 pm 

Playing directly off CD?
Isn't that how CD audio is normally played? (like for example, music CDs)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:00 am 

I think most PCE games have the voice encoded/compressed as data files on the CD, not as actual CD tracks. Burai can do that because there's only voice in key cutscenes between each part. But I don't know if that's genuinely what they did.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:03 pm 

Just curious, does anyone know what is going on with the Elfaria 1 and 2 games? Or is nothing going on?

How about Light Fantasy 1 and 2? Or Rejoice?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next