Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next
Post subject: Re: The SNES translation list
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:39 pm 

Implicid wrote:

RPG
Translated:

Incomplete:
Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium ~ Mostly done but unfinished (Sydra)

Apparently someone has found an undiscovered or long-thought-to-be-lost fully playable English patch for that Super Fire Pro Wrestling game and uploaded it over at RHDN!

Sorry, I'm a bit too busy with retro video game research and thus cannot dedicate myself to finishing my playthrough of your translation patch of Xak 3, even though it's done. Maybe I can do that a bit later on. But it's been pretty joyless being hacked down constantly in that game and having to restart from an earlier spot over and over again. But the dialogue and translation were mostly very nice so far.

I want to let you all know that Gideon Zhi is close to putting a couple SFC projects in the beta-testing stage. Unfortunately for SylarDean, neither are RPGs. One is a puzzle game (Magical Drop 2. There's also a Neo Geo version.) and the other is a strategy game SRW Gaiden (Makou Kishin #1. Also remade on the PSP in a bundle with #2.). But at least the SFC lists of undone games are slowly getting shorter or more stabilized... I first learnt about these after seeing a linked Twitter post at RHDN's Twitter pane and then went over to his feed. I don't remember what other SFC projects are being done now that isn't mentioned here yet.
Sep 2017 tweets:

Also for everybody that wants an easy way to boot up Tengai Makyou Zero with the English patch and graphics files in an emulator, DougRPG has posted a couple links for a modified snes9x build (Compatible with TMZ) and older bsnes variant (v0.87). One more: DougRPG and some other users in the same forum thread also recommended Bsnes-Plus v073-3 for this game. Because it has a screenshot capture function, video filters, and lots of features (and back-porting of improvements from later bsnes versions).
I also read a rumour by another user in a forum thread for that game's translation project that there's a WIP snes v1.55 version in the works and that may include support for running TMZ with the added graphics files (.xml or .bml files. They have to be put in the same folder as the original ROM & renamed to that ROM's filename.).
The translated manual in digital files alone is amazing. See this post to download it and other translated materials in digital formats.

Last edited by ObiKKa on Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:52 pm 

SylarDean wrote:
I've been following this project, (Tenshi no Uta), since day one.. a few years now.. but yes! the team are waiting on the return of Liana so they can push the game over the finish line.. so it seems they can't do nothing with it until then, which is a shame really. New baby, christmas holidays coming up as well.. I can't see this project being released before xmas.. BUT i really hope they surprise us with an early xmas gift :)

Another project that seems to be doing VERY good on the translation front off the guys over at DDSTranslations also is - Last Bible III - for the Snes. :)

I doubt Tenshi no Uta is going to drop this year, since it's supposedly a sizeable script (though at least not as complex as that of Glory of Herakles 4). Hopefully they manage to finish everything at some point next year though.

LB 3 is apparently almost fully hacked already, with the exception of some small menus! Tom mentioned that this project could be considered a piece of cake compared to TMZ, as it's apparently both easier to hack and to translate.

kurisu wrote:
Unfortunately I have yet to play a game that is really worth a translation patch project. The best game so far that doesn't have a patch is Benkei Gaiden: Suna no Sho. It's not a bad game and has a Japan-themed flavor that's unusual in RPGs, so I think people would enjoy it even if the gameplay is pretty primitive.

I was always curious what the PCE Benkei Gaiden game is like, I need to check it out at some point. Well, it looks like a good chunk of decent RPGs is translated already at this point. :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:51 pm 

SylarDean wrote:
I've been following this project, (Tenshi no Uta), since day one.. a few years now.. but yes! the team are waiting on the return of Liana so they can push the game over the finish line.. so it seems they can't do nothing with it until then, which is a shame really. New baby, christmas holidays coming up as well.. I can't see this project being released before xmas.. BUT i really hope they surprise us with an early xmas gift :)

Liana Kerr is the translator? She was also working with Granhistoria for Gideon which apparently is also quite far along, but hasn't progressed much in the last few years. I doubt any Christmas release will happen, tho hopefully they should find some time to work on these two promising projects sometime in the near future.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:20 pm 
Site Admin

MariusB wrote:
LB 3 is apparently almost fully hacked already, with the exception of some small menus! Tom mentioned that this project could be considered a piece of cake compared to TMZ, as it's apparently both easier to hack and to translate.

This game is a cool game. I checked out the hackers work. I'm surprised they went with a fixed width font. The scripting engine is what pissed me off the most with this game. There are many script blocks accessed via internal script pointers only, meaning there is no direct pointer to those blocks. I recall one section having an issue being decoded correctly. I never finished figuring it all out. I hope they have it cleared or they will get a nasty surprise.

MariusB wrote:
I was always curious what the PCE Benkei Gaiden game is like, I need to check it out at some point. Well, it looks like a good chunk of decent RPGs is translated already at this point. :)

I don't know about the PCE version, but I'm sure it's just like the Snes version. I loved hacking this game because it does some cool and unique things. I believe I have this 90% to 95% hacked. Maybe once all the smoke clears here, and we aren't to old, that could be a nice project to do.

Another game that I hacked the bleep out of is Verne World. Strange game, but not a bad one. I actually completed the game and was surprised that I was able to do so.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:36 pm 

I'm enjoying Elfaria, perhaps more than I should. I can see this being a very divisive game because of the AI-auto battle.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:48 pm 

kurisu wrote:
I'm enjoying Elfaria, perhaps more than I should. I can see this being a very divisive game because of the AI-auto battle.

I'd LOVE to see both the Elfaria games translated, they look interesting.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:54 pm 

Hey all, an English translation project of Super Famicom Wars being worked on by a different hacker than DackR is nearly done!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:43 pm 

Thanks for the continued updates guys. Free time is scarce these days, but I’m committed to trying to keep this list accurate.

Updates:
- added: Yume Maboroshi no Gotoku

Updated:
- Far East of Eden Zero to Complete! (Woohoo!)
- Wrecking crew 98 to Complete!
- Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium to Complete!

Update #2

Added:
- Ghost Chaser Densei ~ Complete! (MrRichard999)

Changed:
-Last Bible 3 to In progress (ddstranslation/Tom)
- Super Famicom Wars (optiroc)

Pleas let me know if I missed or need to update anything else.

Update #3

My OCD didn’t allow me to leave a couple of typos I noticed.

Also, to respect Tom’s wishes on the title accuracy, I changed “Far East of Eden Zero” to “Tengai Makyou Zero”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:31 pm 

It's worth noting that the PC-98 version of Dragon Knight 4 is being worked on right now, by Nebulous Translations; since it's the original version, it's probably uncensored. You can probably add it to the 'in progress' section, since the only main difference between these versions is the adult content, the core gameplay/maps etc. stay largely the same, though SNES version has fewer NPCs and shorter cutscenes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:12 pm 
Site Admin

MariusB wrote:
It's worth noting that the PC-98 version of Dragon Knight 4 is being worked on right now, by Nebulous Translations; since it's the original version, it's probably uncensored. You can probably add it to the 'in progress' section, since the only main difference between these versions is the adult content, the core gameplay/maps etc. stay largely the same, though SNES version has fewer NPCs and shorter cutscenes.
Version X being worked on does not equal version Y being worked on. David Michel and I finished the PC-FX version of Welcome to Pia Carrot in 2009. Does this mean the PC version is in progress? (This is a rhetorical question. The answer is no.)

Glancing at the list again, just thought I'd mention that I'd be interested in translating the script for Makeruna! Makendou 2, not that we don't have our hands full. :lol: I'm also still keen to translate Ranma 1/2 Chougiranbuhen if we ever need a similarly small project to work on.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next