Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next
Post subject: Re: The SNES translation list
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:56 pm 

ultpaladin wrote:
So I'm curious if anyone has any experience with this, but is there any reason to play the SNES version of Romancing SaGa over the PS2 version?

No real reason per say. Although PS2 version changes some aspects of it and adds stuff that wasn't in the SFC version. Personally I enjoy the 16 bit charm but the PS2 version plays a lot less buggy than the SFC version.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:41 pm 

Possibly good news on the Albert Odyssey's ongoing translation project...
A romhacker named 'denim', who has just uploaded a completed English-language translation patch out of the blue this early January 2016 for a PSX game "Bomberman Wars", is continuing to work on this game with the help of a new member. He has resurrected a 2013 forum thread and says that he is replacing the game's old dumb text-parsing routines with his own.

Quote:
"The game parses individually each line of one dialog. So, different dialogs might have shared lines. Thus, one needs to rewrite the code in order to remove this 'feature' and do a tradicional text parser. I have done something to fix that and it worked good, as far I tested. But, the lack of translators discourages us to continue in one project... But now, with the help of yugisokubodai, I can go back to this project. I hope it can be finished."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:03 pm 

ObiKKa wrote:
Possibly good news on the Albert Odyssey's ongoing translation project...
A romhacker named 'denim', who has just uploaded a completed English-language translation patch out of the blue this early January 2016 for a PSX game "Bomberman Wars", is continuing to work on this game with the help of a new member. He has resurrected a 2013 forum thread and says that he is replacing the game's old dumb text-parsing routines with his own.

Quote:
"The game parses individually each line of one dialog. So, different dialogs might have shared lines. Thus, one needs to rewrite the code in order to remove this 'feature' and do a tradicional text parser. I have done something to fix that and it worked good, as far I tested. But, the lack of translators discourages us to continue in one project... But now, with the help of yugisokubodai, I can go back to this project. I hope it can be finished."

Hmmm? interesting. It certainly seems he's found someone to help with the problems he previously had with Albert Odyssey. I know this and the second game has MANY fans that were/still hoping for it to get a full english translation, well lets just hope that the project picks up again. I have to be honest here, i'm NOT one for "tactical jrpgs".. (i think the ONLY one i have ever played through was the Final Fantasy Tactics games), BUT i'm sure there will be MANY people who will be happy to get to play this finally once it's completed.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:28 pm 

Putting in only one more post for a while but I was planning to do this late last month. It concerns the multi-talented DackR, who could very well become the 'fourth pillar' of the SNES gem translation/romhacking community (After Transcorp, Dynamic-Designs (This site's group) and AGTP (Gideon Zhi) after having polished and completed the latest patch for Marvelous: Another Treasure Island recently.

DackR is now working on a number of English-language fan-translation projects:

* Super Bomberman 5 (I'm sure Implicid means for both 'Bomberman 3' and 'Bomberman 5' in his original post to have their 'Super' prefix too, meaning that they came on the SFC. But Super Bomberman 3 was already released West-side so I think that can be removed. Super Bomberman 4 for the SFC was fully translated.):
[SNES] Super Bomberman 5 Translation in collaboration with Compressor/Decompressor expert Proton has some awesome in-progress shots!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_B ... ries_games
http://bomberman.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Bomberman_5
http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/sup ... man-series (There were seven Bomberman games released on the SFC/SNES. One of the two unique ones was 'Super Bomberman: Panic Bomber W', which is a puzzler. It first originated as a PC-Engine CD game and was ported to several consoles. The other unique one was Bomberman B-Daman according to Implicid's post.)

* Super Famicom Wars:
[SNES] Super Famicom Wars Translation. DackR has begun his early work on this project. His compression routine is nearly finished but he has stumbled into problems on optimizing it...

* Little Master: Nijiiro no Maseki:
Little Master Episode III - Tying up loose ends. He is trying to finish it...
Quote:
"There are still a few things left to be translated within the game. I'll begin by posting the unit descriptions and we'll see how fast we can get a final release for this game... after many years of neglect."

Still no response so far... Maybe one of the professionals in here can help him out just a little bit!?

Last edited by ObiKKa on Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:44 pm 
Site Admin

Good news on Albert Odyssey, I'm not a SJRPG fan either, but that is one game I will play if it ever makes it into English. The only SJRPG games I enjoyed were Feda, Arc the Lad and some of Fire Emblem. It is unfortunate that we couldn't go through with our translation but I'm glad someone is making progress and hope it finally comes to completion and we can all play it someday.

As for that other news, that is great news as well. I also hope to see these games in English as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:58 am 
Site Admin

taskforce wrote:
Good news on Albert Odyssey, I'm not a SJRPG fan either, but that is one game I will play if it ever makes it into English. The only SJRPG games I enjoyed were Feda, Arc the Lad and some of Fire Emblem. It is unfortunate that we couldn't go through with our translation but I'm glad someone is making progress and hope it finally comes to completion and we can all play it someday.

As for that other news, that is great news as well. I also hope to see these games in English as well.

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!! YOU DON'T LIKE SHINING FORCE SERIES!!!???

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:47 am 

Thanks for the updates guys. I'll continue to try and keep this list up-to-date as much as possible. Keep the updates coming! I hope 2016 will be a great year for SNES translations!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:03 am 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
taskforce wrote:

I'm not saying it might not be a great series, but it just REALLY has to appeal to me (and do it very quickly) for me to slog though a strategy RPG. And for some reason, Shining Force just didn't. Though I did give it a spin. I have given quite a few of them a spin even if I couldn't got past the strategy RPG elements to finish them. Even those games I mentioned it was a struggle to some degree for me to even finish (definitely would have enjoyed them far more if they were traditional turned based JRPG's.) Strategy RPG's are just not my thing typically.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:44 am 

taskforce wrote:
Bongo` wrote:
taskforce wrote:

I'm not saying it might not be a great series, but it just REALLY has to appeal to me (and do it very quickly) for me to slog though a strategy RPG. And for some reason, Shining Force just didn't. Though I did give it a spin. I have given quite a few of them a spin even if I couldn't got past the strategy RPG elements to finish them. Even those games I mentioned it was a struggle to some degree for me to even finish (definitely would have enjoyed them far more if they were traditional turned based JRPG's.) Strategy RPG's are just not my thing typically.

Ur not alone on that one Taskforce, I also don't like Srpgs.. lol.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:13 am 

The thing I do like about the Shining Force games is that they are often more relaxing. They're very basic and don't require you to think that much. I'm not opposed to some critical thinking in SRPGs, but there are some days when you are exhausted and just want to relax. I probably wouldn't want to play Fire Emblem (pre 3DS ones) if I just wanted to relax. That being said, I have beat every Fire Emblem and it is a very enjoyable series.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next