Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next
Post subject: Re: The SNES translation list
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:04 pm 
Site Admin

Though I pretty much agree with what you wrote, do note that G.O.D. is moving slowly due to the translator (not much we can do until he's finished except play around/edit the work he's finished... which I've done), and Galaxy Robo will be begin beta testing in a few days, so it's all but out the door as it should be a very quick testing phase.

That knocks 2 games off the list, but it sill leaves 7 more... However, these days many more of us coordinate different projects, and not everyone has to work on every single game. This allows us to spread out the work and get things done a little quicker.

With all that said, I still agree with you, though, and think we should try and focus on the older games in our folder instead of jumping so quickly into working on newer ones, but... sometimes you get a little break when you are waiting to hear back from a translator or Bongo`, and it's always nice to use that time to delve into one of the newer projects. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:32 am 

It seems like a lot of Dynamic Designs games are fairly well along though. I'm really surprised how fast you guys go sometimes.

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:06 pm 

I noticed that Albert Odyssey 1 and 2 are on the "in progress" list, but doesn't say who is working on them. I was just wondering if they in fact are in process of being translated.

Both are on the top of my list of games to play, with Far East of Eden close behind. :)

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:53 am 
Site Admin

Vereor_Nox wrote:
I noticed that Albert Odyssey 1 and 2 are on the "in progress" list, but doesn't say who is working on them. I was just wondering if they in fact are in process of being translated.

Both are on the top of my list of games to play, with Far East of Eden close behind. :)

Thanks

I believe some one else is indeed translating those games. Not sure why they
are still listed here as being active.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:12 am 

A new attemptof a translation for Goemon 2 is being made by Avicalendriya!

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.p ... 026.0.html

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:58 pm 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
Vereor_Nox wrote:

Thanks

I believe some one else is indeed translating those games. Not sure why they
are still listed here as being active.

They're not listed as active here anymore (as least nowhere I know of)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:11 pm 

Maeson wrote:
A new attemptof a translation for Goemon 2 is being made by Avicalendriya!

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.p ... 026.0.html

ive never really gotten into the goemon games, duno why, the graphics look fab on all of them.
I think my reasoning for it is the fact they are a little too action/puzzle gamed for me. If G2 gets
a full release then I will have to look at revisiting the games.

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:22 pm 

I checked romhacking.net yesterday and was surprised to see an English translation being completed for a SNES RPG called Marvelous: Mouhitotsu no Takarajima (Another Treasure Island)! Great! Wow, what an awesome Christmas present! :shock:
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2558/

Partial excerpt from the project page:
"If you played through Tashi’s original translation, try this one too. Much has changed.
•Translated intro.
•Translated title screen.
•A new font.
•Translated “event graphics” scattered throughout the game.
•Dialog is now fully translated and edited.
•Team naming screen has been hacked to keep the user from scrolling to different character sets.
•And more."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:31 am 

Thanks for the heads up. The list has been edited. Romancing Saga, Marvelous, and Galaxy Robo all made it to the complete section! :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:13 am 

So I'm curious if anyone has any experience with this, but is there any reason to play the SNES version of Romancing SaGa over the PS2 version?

Winston Churchill in response to forming an alliance with the Soviet Union during World War 2:
If Hitler invaded Hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next