Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
Post subject: Re: The SNES translation list
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:44 pm 

Looking good :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:30 pm 

Awesome! List updated.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:26 am 

Gideon Zhi wrote:
Dark Half is public now.
Image Image
Image Image

These look SO good! The original Japanese font was ugly as sin, and the English font is a huge improvement. For those who don't know, I translated this game a long time ago, but the hacker sort of disappeared. Gideon was kind enough to offer his help with doing the hacking work, though. :)

Also, I've played through some of the untranslated games on the list, and I'd like to offer my commentary on them:

Angelique - This is basically a dating sim, and I believe it's the same game as Angelic Voice Fantasy. It's really cheesy (but fun), and text-heavy.

Dunquest - This game sucks. :(

Ihatovo Monogatari - Weird and boring.

Light Fantasy and Light Fantasy 2 - I LOVE this series. It's so wacky and cute. :3

Love Quest - This is sort of a gag RPG, and there are a lot of puns and Japanese pop culture references in it.

Ruin Arm - Fugly.

Verne World - This is another gag RPG. You play as a boy who has to fight his way through an amusement park when things go haywire. It's a little generic, but pretty fun.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:04 pm 

Eien Ni Hen wrote:
Gideon Zhi wrote:
Dark Half is public now.
Image Image
Image Image

These look SO good! The original Japanese font was ugly as sin, and the English font is a huge improvement. For those who don't know, I translated this game a long time ago, but the hacker sort of disappeared. Gideon was kind enough to offer his help with doing the hacking work, though. :)

Also, I've played through some of the untranslated games on the list, and I'd like to offer my commentary on them:

Angelique - This is basically a dating sim, and I believe it's the same game as Angelic Voice Fantasy. It's really cheesy (but fun), and text-heavy.

Dunquest - This game sucks. :(

Ihatovo Monogatari - Weird and boring.

Light Fantasy and Light Fantasy 2 - I LOVE this series. It's so wacky and cute. :3

Love Quest - This is sort of a gag RPG, and there are a lot of puns and Japanese pop culture references in it.

Ruin Arm - Fugly.

Verne World - This is another gag RPG. You play as a boy who has to fight his way through an amusement park when things go haywire. It's a little generic, but pretty fun.

I appreciate the commentary, thanks. Any feedback on the games in the list is welcome in this thread. I'll mention a few.

BS Dynami Tracer - presentation is very nice and I love the characters and different themed planets. I really just wish I knew what was going on. It's short but sweet.

Elfaria 1&2 - I find them cliche but above average and worth the time to play through them. The battle music is very catchy.

Shonen Ninja Sasuke - very fun. Try and jump kick an enemy on top of there head as many times as you can. I got up to 32. A great past time in the game.

Tadaima - also fun. It's hard to navigate being in Japanese and the mechanics are pretty complex. After trying for awhile, I was somehow able to fight a boss and get the AI players assistance. That was very cool. If there was a way to net play this game it would be amazing. It's a shame it's a scary mess from a hacking point of view.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:54 am 
Site Admin

I actually have a script for Galaxy Robo. I can't for the life of me remember who I got it from, but I'd translated all the misc text back in about 2003. I just did a rough pass on about 1/4 of the script. It's pretty short and fairly easy. Is this anything you'd like to try Bongo`?

I could use playtesting help, and I assume you'd want to make a new script, but I've got the translation covered if you're interested.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:22 pm 
Site Admin

FYI: I have a couple of table files for it too, though it doesn't look like they are complete. There aren't really any kanji to speak of in the table files, though they are in the script, but it may make a starting point. (Incidentally, I'm pretty sure at least a couple kanji are wrong in the script, so a new stab at IDing those would be good anyway.)

Also I'm just about done with my first pass on the script so I have a feeling I could have the initial translation done within a couple of days of having a fresh script.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:55 am 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
FYI: I have a couple of table files for it too, though it doesn't look like they are complete. There aren't really any kanji to speak of in the table files, though they are in the script, but it may make a starting point. (Incidentally, I'm pretty sure at least a couple kanji are wrong in the script, so a new stab at IDing those would be good anyway.)

Also I'm just about done with my first pass on the script so I have a feeling I could have the initial translation done within a couple of days of having a fresh script.

Looks like a futuristic Feda. It's up to Bongo.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:27 pm 

Looks like a generic/less flamboyant SRW clone to me. Does the Bongo' like the giant robots? He always struck me as the standard JRPG type.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:40 pm 

I'll take a look at it if Bongo` doesn't want it. Robots are kind of my thing.

Aeon Genesis ~ Guns guns guns! Yar ho hee har har!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:42 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
Looks like a futuristic Feda. It's up to Bongo.

I agree with WildBill here. Also if Bongo` is interested, story writing/editing is up for grabs. I'd love to have your help WB, or anyone else in the group interested in pitching in for that. I might be up for it in a pinch.

Gideon Zhi wrote:
I'll take a look at it if Bongo` doesn't want it. Robots are kind of my thing.

Thanks Gideon! If Bongo` isn't down with it I'll be sure to take you up on that offer.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next