Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next
Post subject: Re: The SNES translation list
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:06 pm 
Site Admin

Gideon Zhi wrote:
RS2 is one of the games I'm getting some help with. Problem is that the guy who's helping out is almost as busy as I am.

If my Plans turn into something you'll certainly hear about it. I keep it quiet out of necessity at the moment, but the moment it solidifies into something more concrete I guarantee that I'll be shouting about it from as many rooftops as I can scale.

Sheesh! GZ, I feel your pain, sir. My current job ( AT&T ) is not an office position but I can tell you
the frustrations are the same. I went from an install Tech where 50+ hours a week were normal to
now being a lineman where 40 hours a week is the norm. Only thing now is I have a 1 hour each way
commute to and from Ft. Lauderdale for this job. Love the job and the pay, but dangerous as well.
So now with this time, I have been able to get back in school and finish my Business Management
and Computer Programming AS degrees.

I do not envy you one bit, my good man. Take that needed time off and enjoy life. If you have any
kids, enjoy them. I have 2 young boys and they can take up a lot of my time, But I love them. Good
luck with it all, buddy.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:58 pm 

There are a few new movers and shakers...

* Someone by the nick of Psyklax is translating and hacking another SFC title but it may not be what anybody here is looking for and it's not even covered in Implicid's lists as of this moment! It's called Battle Robot Retsuden. It's a Gundam-licensed strategy game and made by Winkysoft and Banpresto of Super Robot Wars and many Gundam titles' fame (check Page 8 here for more info about them). Check this Giantbomb page for the Gundam anime series featured.

The enemies in the screenshots do look repetitive but the weapon variety could be awesome. Still there's not much dialogue but that's good news for Psyklax. He's only got over 1000 characters and four banks of characters to tinker with. Early starts but progressing well. He's got experience with translating and hacking a few games on platforms other than the SFC and now this one. At least it's nice that one more SFC title is still being translated. Also can you imagine if he'd use his gained experience to work on more Gundam titles?!

* Also despite Avicalendriya having sadly concluded his hacking work on Ganbare Goemon 2 he was meant to transfer all of his graphics work to Gideon. But that's no longer the case as, yet again, ddstranslation, a truly great romhacker in his own right, has offered to help stitch it up! Awesome! Seems like DDS has been doing only the big, popular games, :o! But I think DDS is pretty keen on the GG series. Avi has said that only the title and game over screens needs much work and that he'll redo them. That's nice...

* Surprising news this: gc8tech is romhacking Genjuu Ryodan, a TBS, which is amazingly coincidental as I had just been reading a HG101 article about it only last month or before! Still a long way to go yet... Its developer Crea-Tech also made the Metal Max series.

Last edited by ObiKKa on Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:42 am 

A short and unique Disney-themed game that was released in Japan(!) only called 'Donald Duck no Mahou no Boushi' (Donald Duck and the Magical Hat) has been fan-translated by gorgyrip late last May 2016. There had rightfully been much uproar in the community about the first hacked attempt with The Amazing Spider-Man: Lethal Foes game earlier this year from a guy who must not be named, where he only put in made-up dialogues in-game. Whereas this different hacker gorgyrip had come to the rescue with a more authentically translated patch for that game.

I think there is a good reason not to doubt his efforts with this DD game. For instance two other persons have worked with him on this game, including the renowned translator Nagato who did the translation works for the two DS horror adventure games in the 'The Nameless Game' series. So that's not some small amounts of work, obviously. Hence this patch presumedly would be an authentic piece of fan-translation! Also add in the wonderful and varied fonts used in the menus and dialogue boxes and it looks professionally polished! However if you check some Youtube videos of this game around on the net then you'll see that it can be rather difficult and the hit detection isn't perfect.

Last edited by ObiKKa on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:39 am 

Thanks for the heads up. Another one down. 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:14 pm 

- Wizardry IV Gaiden ~ Complete! (MrRichard999)

Major congrats to MrRichardd999, DDS, Ein Ne Hen, EsperKnight, Dackr, FinS, Agent Orange, Helly, Mark Patraw, and Jink640! Your hard work is appreciated.

Also made some updates to the list:
- Eternal Filena moved to "Complete!" status (as far as I know it's finished on the translation side, just some minor hacking work on a font was in progress)
- added translator First Queen ~ In progress (???/Yugisokubodai)
- added hacker Genjuu Ryodan ~ In progress (Gc8tech)
- added group Verne World ~ In progress (Dynamic Designs)
- added group Xak ~ In progress (Dynamic Designs)

Update a couple of Incomplete projects as well with a short description as to what needs to be done
- DragonQuest 6 ~ Mostly done but not complete (noprgress) *Will need technical overhaul
- Nankoku Shounen Papuwa-kun ~ Much done but unfinished (FH) *Intro and some graphics not done
- Super Puyo Puyo 2 ~ Mostly done but unfinished (Necrosaro) *Very minor graphic work still not done

Added projects
- Hiryū no ken ~ In progress (Yugisokubodai)
- Tetris Battle Gaiden ~ In progress (KingMike)
- Battle Robot Retsuden ~ In progress (Psyklax)

A big thanks to ObiKKa for sending me updates. I want to keep this list as correct and up-to-date as possible so please keep the updates, news posts, and corrections coming. Thanks again DD and all you other hackers and translators out there for being so awesome and selflessly sharing your talents.

edit:
Forgot to add in another translator update
- Ultima IV: Savage Empire ~ In progress (slashgravatar/Dungy/Mrs. Dungy)

2nd edit:
Added some incomplete projects that have had significant work and need help to get to "Complete!" status.
- Clockwerx ~ Mostly done (MrRichard999) *Will need additional hacking support
- Daisenryaku Expert WWII - War in Europe ~ Menu hacking done (gc8tech) *Will need additional hacking/translation support
- Dragon Ball Z: Super Gokuden - Totsugeki-Hen ~ Much done but unfinished (Riamus) *Will need further hacking/translation/editing support
- Dragon Ball Z: Super Gokuden - Kakusei-Hen ~ Much done but unfinished (Commando Ginyu) *Will need further hacking/translation/editing support

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:50 am 

Spoiler! :
Implicid wrote:
- Wizardry IV Gaiden ~ Complete! (MrRichard999)

Major congrats to MrRichardd999, DDS, Ein Ne Hen, EsperKnight, Dackr, FinS, Agent Orange, Helly, Mark Patraw, and Jink640! Your hard work is appreciated.

Also made some updates to the list:
- Eternal Filena moved to "Complete!" status (as far as I know it's finished on the translation side, just some minor hacking work on a font was in progress)
- added translator First Queen ~ In progress (???/Yugisokubodai)
- added hacker Genjuu Ryodan ~ In progress (Gc8tech)
- added group Verne World ~ In progress (Dynamic Designs)
- added group Xak ~ In progress (Dynamic Designs)

Update a couple of Incomplete projects as well with a short description as to what needs to be done
- DragonQuest 6 ~ Mostly done but not complete (noprgress) *Will need technical overhaul
- Nankoku Shounen Papuwa-kun ~ Much done but unfinished (FH) *Intro and some graphics not done
- Super Puyo Puyo 2 ~ Mostly done but unfinished (Necrosaro) *Very minor graphic work still not done

Added projects
- Hiryū no ken ~ In progress (Yugisokubodai)
- Tetris Battle Gaiden ~ In progress (KingMike)
- Battle Robot Retsuden ~ In progress (Psyklax)

A big thanks to ObiKKa for sending me updates. I want to keep this list as correct and up-to-date as possible so please keep the updates, news posts, and corrections coming. Thanks again DD and all you other hackers and translators out there for being so awesome and selflessly sharing your talents.

edit:
Forgot to add in another translator update
- Ultima IV: Savage Empire ~ In progress (slashgravatar/Dungy/Mrs. Dungy)

2nd edit:
Added some incomplete projects that have had significant work and need help to get to "Complete!" status.
- Clockwerx ~ Mostly done (MrRichard999) *Will need additional hacking support
- Daisenryaku Expert WWII - War in Europe ~ Menu hacking done (gc8tech) *Will need additional hacking/translation support
- Dragon Ball Z: Super Gokuden - Totsugeki-Hen ~ Much done but unfinished (Riamus) *Will need further hacking/translation/editing support
- Dragon Ball Z: Super Gokuden - Kakusei-Hen ~ Much done but unfinished (Commando Ginyu) *Will need further hacking/translation/editing support

Wow, what great lists that you've done and great research on them!
But, sad news, the developer of Battle Robot Retsuden and many, many other SFC titles in collaboration with Banpresto, WinkySoft, has died on Dec 1, 2015! :( :( :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:11 am 

so i noticed D-D is labelled Verne World as a group project in your update, is that another one you guys are now working on?

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:06 pm 

If you guys are still translating non-RPG SNES games, why don't you translate Psycho Dream? IIRC there's only some brief intro and ending text.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:31 pm 

Garrett wrote:
If you guys are still translating non-RPG SNES games, why don't you translate Psycho Dream? IIRC there's only some brief intro and ending text.

mini review and a couple pics here of this game.. kinda looks Castlevania-like.. http://www.illusionware.it/supernes/Psycho-Dream.html

Spoiler! :
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5DrStvYrMxTrHZR11paQMA/
You can find all types of RPG, JRpg, Mmo, PC, SNES, and PS1 games mini-reviewed with no voice-overs there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:19 pm 

SylarDean wrote:
Garrett wrote:

mini review and a couple pics here of this game.. kinda looks Castlevania-like.. http://www.illusionware.it/supernes/Psycho-Dream.html

Oh, yeah, it looks like that modern 3D action-adventure series. It looks clear to me that the Bayonetta series has kinda lifted off from this game. Thus this game will definitely need to be brought out into the limelight for all to appreciate! There are lots of articles about this one actually.
Wiki, HG101, Giant Bomb; retrovania's review. Video source.

Garrett or SylarDean, why don't you ask 'gorgyrip' over at RHDN? He's done the best 'Amazing Spider-Man: Lethal Foes' patch and recently a patch for 'Donald Duck & The Magical Hat'.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next