Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next
Post subject: Re: The SNES translation list
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:36 am 

Eien Ni Hen wrote:
Angelique - This is basically a dating sim, and I believe it's the same game as Angelic Voice Fantasy. It's really cheesy (but fun), and text-heavy.

I've assumed AVF was the same game but with voice acting (using a companion audio CD and a CD-player universal-remote attachment "Voicer-kun" to get around the death of the SNES' actual CD drive). I'm sure the audio was simply embedded into the game when it was released on CD consoles.
My guess is that a dub could be just a set of replacement audio tracks.

Not sure if byuu ever emulated the Voicer-kun before he abandoned higan, but failing that MSU1 could probably do the job. :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:32 pm 
Site Admin

filler wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Looks like a futuristic Feda. It's up to Bongo.

I agree with WildBill here. Also if Bongo` is interested, story writing/editing is up for grabs. I'd love to have your help WB, or anyone else in the group interested in pitching in for that. I might be up for it in a pinch.

Gideon Zhi wrote:
I'll take a look at it if Bongo` doesn't want it. Robots are kind of my thing.

Thanks Gideon! If Bongo` isn't down with it I'll be sure to take you up on that offer.

I was gonna say that the Robot games are a specialty of GZ. Although I have been wanting
to do ONE robot game just to see what all the fuss is about, and I have that game in the works.
Not a robot game like this though. I actually love the Stategy games that are similar to Shining Force, Feda, etc. I will have a look at this today ( after I take the kids on a bike ride ) and get
back to you, filler. I know GZ would love this game too! :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:46 pm 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
filler wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Looks like a futuristic Feda. It's up to Bongo.

I agree with WildBill here. Also if Bongo` is interested, story writing/editing is up for grabs. I'd love to have your help WB, or anyone else in the group interested in pitching in for that. I might be up for it in a pinch.

Gideon Zhi wrote:
I'll take a look at it if Bongo` doesn't want it. Robots are kind of my thing.

Thanks Gideon! If Bongo` isn't down with it I'll be sure to take you up on that offer.

I was gonna say that the Robot games are a specialty of GZ. Although I have been wanting
to do ONE robot game just to see what all the fuss is about, and I have that game in the works.
Not a robot game like this though. I actually love the Stategy games that are similar to Shining Force, Feda, etc. I will have a look at this today ( after I take the kids on a bike ride ) and get
back to you, filler. I know GZ would love this game too! :)
Told you once I was always with you, B-Man, if you had an inserter, a turn-based RPG/SRPG, and a script. Filler, do you see this as another joint project like Slayers? I'm currently winding down four of the last five on my plate, but ppl keep coming up with reasons for me to delay thinking about retirement.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:54 am 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
Told you once I was always with you, B-Man, if you had an inserter, a turn-based RPG/SRPG, and a script. Filler, do you see this as another joint project like Slayers? I'm currently winding down four of the last five on my plate, but ppl keep coming up with reasons for me to delay thinking about retirement.

Heh, I forget if I mentioned but my folks just retired and it seems to suit them. I hope you're able to enjoy it to its fullest when you make the decision.

I hadn't even thought of this as a joint project, but that's an interesting idea. I was planning for it to be a DD project, just one I recommended. I'm content to "publish" this one under the DD group and be credited as translator, but I welcome other suggestions.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:37 am 
Site Admin

Wildbill wrote:
I'm currently winding down four of the last five on my plate, but ppl keep coming up with reasons for me to delay thinking about retirement.

Good luck trying to retire while we still have several projects in the works :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:20 am 
Site Admin

Well, looks like we've got a rough plan hammered out - just needing a confirmation of Bongo`'s magic coming together.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:24 am 
Site Admin

So fyi, I'm finished with the first draft of the script for Galaxy Robo. Bongo` is getting me a revised dump with character names and I'll do a second pass with that to revise and polish the translation. Seems like Bongo`s had a chance to do some hacking work too, so things seem to be coming along well with this impromptu project.

The Devil takes notes from Lina Inverse? That sounds about right.

My projects
RHDN Community DB

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:50 pm 

Well that's good enough evidence for me. I'll make it official on the list.

BTW, kickass that you guys have a translator for ONI 2! Congrats! :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:39 pm 

There is another game if you are interested:

Day of the Idea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDctoNpRffs

One of the sections of the game has you driving a truck filled with Nitroglycerin across a world map section that had many rivers and mountains on it, and if you run into either a river or mountain, the truck explodes; instant game over.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:57 pm 

That's a ripoff of a french movie called The Wages of Fear about desperate men driving trucks loaded with nitroglycerin across South America. Believe it was based on a book as well and later remade in the 70s by William Friedkin called something like The Sorcerer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next