Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: It's not Zelda...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:21 pm 

...but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing!

Esparks

I know Bongo was working on this one and stopped. He put all of his work in the abandoned section at RHDN for any party interested in taking a look.

ImageImage
ImageImage

When first looking at Esparks zelda comes to mind naturally. However there are some big differences. In Esparks you actually level up like in a traditional RPG. You also get party members that are AI controlled. I think of this game as more of a zelda hybrid with traditional elements. Presentation wise it does look nice and the gameplay is fun. I cant comprehend the story and had difficulty even getting out of the starting town due to the language barrier. Be sure to use Ritchie's guide on Gamefaqs to help you. This game seems unique enough and fun to deserve a translation so here's hoping someone comes along and picks this one up. :beer: Who knows, maybe DD will take another look. ;)

Video of beginning
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x196te ... videogames

The other game is also pretty well known and is a Nintendo original.

Marvelous: Mouhitotsu no Takarajima

A really neat game made by Nintendo, it resembles Zelda ALTTP but, you take the role of three students. Each have their own abilities and you can switch between them and use them as a group or individually. The game takes place on an island where you are a part of a boy scout group. You get pulled into an adventure with a tribe of monkeys, pirates, and other crazy stuff. The visual presentation is great and the gameplay is a lot of fun.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

So you may be wondering from the screens why this game is even here because it's already in english. The answer is that it has already been mostly translated. Almost all of the dialogue has been but, the current patch is beta and there are some game crashing bugs plus a few miscellaneous things that are untranslated or undone such as the intro and some graphics plus the last bit of polishing.
See here
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2006/
No one has heard from the author since 2012 which is why I'm putting this here. Perhaps someone will try to contact the author and create an addendum patch to the already great work they have done and bring this great adventure/puzzle game to light.

Here is a video from the translation author showing the english patch with some gameplay.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9ix8YLNVgZw

After the release of Marvelous on cartridge, there was an expansion or side story of Marvelous called Marvelous: Camp Arnold. To my knowledge no one has attempted to translate the BS expansion.
ImageImage

Video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PSuxIolUOOA

Post subject: Re: It's not Zelda...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:52 am 
Site Admin

Esparks has a strange data storage type and was not fun trying to figure out.
I did at one point but I doubt I would bother with this game ever again. It is interesting
though.

Post subject: Re: It's not Zelda...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:57 pm 

Bongo` wrote:
Esparks has a strange data storage type and was not fun trying to figure out.
I did at one point but I doubt I would bother with this game ever again. It is interesting
though.

It's a shame you give up but i'd understand :-) though I would LOVE to see this get translated some day sooner as it looks like a very awesome game including with a cpu partner that (I guess) helps you throughout the journey or so.