Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ganbare Goemon
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:23 pm 

Hello all, time for some more SFC goodness just waiting for a hacker to come and sweep it off its feet. :D

What do you get when you mix a detective mermaid, mean robot, fat ninja with a hoopla hoop, and spikey haired guy with a stick?

Awesome fruit salad known as the Ganbare Goemon series.

DASH DASH DASH!!!

If you haven't ever tried getting into this series then you don't know what your missing. For those who love silly Japanese humor you will love it. For those who don't, if you can look past that you will probably love it still for its fun gameplay. Although there are many entries into the series, I would specifically like to address two great entries on the SFC. Ganbare Goemon 3 and 4.

This game looks great and in the snes era, the staple gameplay we all have come to know and love, really developed on this console. This game combines fun platforming, giant robot fighter simulation, and action/adventure RPG. This was also the first game in the series to allow all four main characters as playable and they each have their own special abilities to solve puzzles and advance in the game. The evil nun mech in the first screenshot is priceless. The humor in this game is awesome and it carries into the next one.

This is hailed by most as the best one for the snes. The story actually takes place on alien planets and the gameplay segments are crazier than ever.

Just watch the video and see for yourself.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mC2igxkwcw4

Of all the platformers still not in english on the SFC, these are by far the best in my opinion. Visually and mechanically they stand out and deserve their spot in the english library. I know hackers and translators have attempted them in the past but I hope some day someone will be able to complete them. The gracious Gideon Zhi is working on number two at the moment so everyone be sure to give him moral support as well.

Post subject: Re: Ganbare Goemon
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

Implicid wrote:
Hello all, time for some more SFC goodness just waiting for a hacker to come and sweep it off its feet. :D
This research is handy for those of us who might be looking beyond the current projects on our list. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:44 am 
Site Admin

That game looks pretty whacky! And I mean that in a good way ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:37 pm 

Wildbill wrote:
Implicid wrote:
This research is handy for those of us who might be looking beyond the current projects on our list. Thanks!

That is exactly the goal of why I am posting all of these games on your board. I also posted on a few others to get these games more exposure in the community. I am an snes fan at the core of my gaming heart and would love to see all of these translated someday. In my opinion I believe all of the games I post are unique and appealing enough to warrant a translation by anyone interested in them. Btw I can't wait to get my hands on ssms 1&2 when you guys finish. :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:21 pm 
Site Admin

Implicid wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Implicid wrote:

That is exactly the goal of why I am posting all of these games on your board. I also posted on a few others to get these games more exposure in the community. I am an snes fan at the core of my gaming heart and would love to see all of these translated someday. In my opinion I believe all of the games I post are unique and appealing enough to warrant a translation by anyone interested in them. Btw I can't wait to get my hands on ssms 1&2 when you guys finish. :D
Uh, SSMS I and II or Aretha I and II? All four are in great shape, and one game from each series is virtually finished.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:55 am 

Truthfully all four really. :P With the Aretha series, not only will I have your two releases, but I anticipate AGTP will be releasing the other Aretha game sometime sooner rather than later. I think the rest of this year is going to be a great one for the SFC. Carry on good sir! :lol: