Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Showing off some Nintendo and Square BS that's not BS!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:37 pm 

Hello again! I have another group of sfc games to promote today. This time its focused on the Satellaview and some BS games that look like a lot of fun and have yet to be english.

First off we have BS Golf Daisuki! - Out of Bounds Club

This is a very fun golf game from Nintendo that spans 8 courses with 8 holes each. Random weather effects happen which effect the way you play. There are a lot of creative gimmicks and you get to play in space!

Here is a link to a very well written review.
http://retrovania-vgjunk.blogspot.com/2 ... micom.html

The good news is that this game is very playable without the menus or dialogue being translated. The even better news is that a script has already been translated!

Here is the link to the translated script!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=492

Next up we have a Squaresoft title which until recently I had never heard of. Enter BS Dynami Tracer!

It looks to be a fairly short game that was a Satellaview broadcast. I have no clue as to how you raise your score, but its a race of some sort where you go to other themed planets, do I-don't-know-what, and then reach the finish. Each planet is very unique and distinctly appealing. There is even an adult 18+ planet. I have no clue what that's about. One of the playable characters you can choose is a freaking Tonberry! The music is also very unique and awesome. Nobuo Uematsu does a fantastic job here. I really hope this will see the light of a translation day. Check it out!

Lastly I present BS Treasure Conflix, another Squaresoft game released exclusively for the Satellaview in JP.

This looks to be another unique game by square that involves a lot of airship dogfighting. It looks intense and the other segments when not in flight mode look good. I'm really intrigued as to what the story is about. I'm sure it's another short game but looks interesting enough that I certainly wouldn't mind seeing someone translate it.

Here is a video showing off some gameplay and music which sounds great.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-mvRsxkWKCY

Well that's all I got for now. Discuss and discover. I hope you find this helpful and enlightening.

Last edited by Implicid on Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Showing off some Nintendo and Square BS that's not BS!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:58 am 
Site Admin

Treasure Conflix is one I've been waiting to play for a long time... Wonder if it's ever going to get released.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:34 am 

A fellow called Vehek has been working on and off on Treasure Conflix. He posted some screenshots at one point.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:46 pm 

Cool! Well given their presentation and the company that made them, I'm sure someone will pick these games up eventually and get them done.

The SNES scene has a long ways to go still I tell ya! :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:45 am 

Treasure Conflix is in the works, but the hacker doesn't have it in his highest priority atm. By the way, according to the translator (which isn't done yet, too, as far as I know), the biggest part of the ingame text is actually the auction-house where you sell your obtained treasures.

I already played through the game in Japanese and it's really a blast! I wish there would have been more than just 5 shmup-levels and 3 shmupish-minigame levels beetween the adventure parts though, it's pretty short. But what you actually get to play is truly great. And wishing for a game to be longer only speaks for it's qualities, right? ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:35 pm 

Hey guys! long time no see :D how is everyone doing? btw, i don't if this will be useful for anyone but i'd found this huge database of every Super Famicom/SNES & BS-X Satellitaview Rom release here: http://jsemts.jplopsoft.idv.tw/view_ct_ ... 4dA==.html

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:35 am 

Not really, all that it is a ROM list. :P

Some one already made a video catalog, like 15 seconds of every SFC game (on nicovideo and youtube) スーパーファミコン全ソフトカタログ (Super Famicom All Software Catalog). I know they also did it for Famicom and probably other consoles as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:54 am 

KingMike wrote:
Not really, all that it is a ROM list. :P

Some one already made a video catalog, like 15 seconds of every SFC game (on nicovideo and youtube) スーパーファミコン全ソフトカタログ (Super Famicom All Software Catalog). I know they also did it for Famicom and probably other consoles as well.

oh, sorry lol xD i thought it would be of use cuz of the semi huge list of BS-X released titles and about those Super Famicom catalogue videos, i'm actually subscribed to it ;-) but thanks anyways!

P.S I know this is asking a little too much but um.. is it possible for you guys to translate Love Quest for the Super Famicom soon? looks pretty interesting for such an obscure & wacky JRPG but, i'd understand if it's of no interest atm or too busy right now to worry about other games.