Hoping to make your life's design a bit more dynamic!

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Witches, Armor, and Dice...oh my!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:22 pm 

Hello everyone. I will try and kick some life back into this board and hopefully open some discussion on some sfc games that I believe to be possibly the last remaining gems left that to my knowledge that no one has picked or is actively being worked on. I encourage discussion and hope these games get enough attention that someone with the skill might pick one up.

The first game is Akazukin Chacha

Check out these videos below
Intro
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2dtN4BJS6jA
Boss battle
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qb-mDVAalyw

This game has a very nice presentation. It's based off of the anime of the same name. It also has that silly anime humor in it that we all love. The music is also superb. The soundtrack is on youtube for those interested in checking it out. Lastly the gameplay department looks like a lot of fun! The spells you get continue to get stronger and the whole superwitch transformation thing is cool. Years and years ago Otaku GT was working on it but that was a long time ago and they disappeared so I really hope someone picks this one up and sees it to completion.

Next up is Haou Taikei: Ryu Knight

It's an action/adventure RPG like zelda but you actually level up.

Apparently it's very non-linear in that once the game proper begins you have to chase down pieces of an ancient weapon and can go to any of areas on the world map in any order.

The music sounds pretty good and visually it looks appealing. If you're in a tough spot you can summon powerful armor to save you from your demise.

I don't know what it would take to successfully translate this game but it looks appealing enough to at least warrant a look for any individual or group interested.

Finally, Tadaima Yuusha Botsuchuu Okawari.

That's right people, I'm talking Dice!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

I have to be honest, I have not tried this game but, I found a review for it, looked into it a little bit, and from what I found it looks like a very interesting game. Gideon is currently working on a similar game, Sugoro Quest ++ Dicenics, but this game has it's own flavor, personality, and charm.

Here's the review I found that does a really good job at explaining more about it.
http://www.gamingsanctuary.com/Tadaima_MR.html

It sounds like it has very intricate and complex mechanics. From the sound and look of this game, I'm sure it will be quite the project to tackle and translate properly so good luck to anyone who may consider it. It does look neat though and I think it needs more broad exposure to catch our attention on what could be another gem in the sfc library of untranslated games.

Check out these videos to get a better idea of what this game is all about
Gameplay
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4eAWFhPI5Yw
Demo and starting a new game
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9m3jdbUKYIo

Well that's it for now! If you know anything about or related to these games please share. I welcome any and all discussion. The more people who know about these games the better the attention they will get. I am doing my part the only way I know how since I am not a hacker or translator. I also posted these games and others over at Dynamic-Designs forum so check out the discussion there too if they catch your interest.

Edit: fixed pics for Tadaima

Last edited by Implicid on Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Witches, Armor, and Dice...oh my!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:44 am 
Site Admin

Get a dedicated translator and Cha Cha might get done. I looked at the Ryu Knight game a while ago.
Tadaima Yuusha Botsuchuu Okawari, seems cool indeed. Maybe some one should look into it?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:04 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, I'd love it if we did Chacha. It was a funny anime. Should make for a fun game.

Ryu Knight has some nice graphics, kind of resembles Alundra 1. Which was a fun game. Maybe it will be just as fun. As long as it isn't as horrible as Alundra 2 :) Although, I'll admit, I haven't actually watched the anime to Lord of Lords, Ryu Knight.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:13 am 

I can't remember the name exactly on the board game but I think it was something like "Let's have another helping of hero buffet" because it's actually a sequel to a PCE-CD game.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:56 pm 

taskforce wrote:
Ryu Knight has some nice graphics, kind of resembles Alundra 1. Which was a fun game. Maybe it will be just as fun. As long as it isn't as horrible as Alundra 2 :) Although, I'll admit, I haven't actually watched the anime to Lord of Lords, Ryu Knight.

The usual action-RPG gameplay is really, really fun and the presentation is ace, but the mecha-bossfights kinda suck. Those are rare though, so it's still a game I would recommend!

The SFC Aretha action-RPG by the same developer got very similar presentation and a multiplayer mode (!) but is lacking the freedom of Ryuu Knight. IMO it's too liniear. But it got normal bossfights!

Definitively 2 of the better action RPGs for the console, but both have some small flaws.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:14 pm 
Site Admin

ChronoMoogle wrote:
taskforce wrote:

The usual action-RPG gameplay is really, really fun and the presentation is ace, but the mecha-bossfights kinda suck. Those are rare though, so it's still a game I would recommend!

The SFC Aretha action-RPG by the same developer got very similar presentation and a multiplayer mode (!) but is lacking the freedom of Ryuu Knight. IMO it's too liniear. But it got normal bossfights!

Definitively 2 of the better action RPGs for the console, but both have some small flaws.

Are you sure you meant Aretha? Aretha is turn based.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:10 am 

He means Rejoice Another Aretha Kingdom.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:18 am 
Site Admin

Thanks, Garrett. I was just about to say it's a game that Gideon has been working on.
I wasn't volunteering for chacha though. O_o I believe we have a ton of games to deal with as it stands.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:04 am 
Site Admin

Bongo` wrote:
Thanks, Garrett. I was just about to say it's a game that Gideon has been working on.
I wasn't volunteering for chacha though. O_o I believe we have a ton of games to deal with as it stands.

Hehe, yeah, I hear that. Sorry if it sounded like I was suggesting we run out and pick it up. That wasn't the case. Maybe in the future if we need something, then maybe it might be worth looking into. MAYBE!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:27 pm 

KingMike wrote:
I can't remember the name exactly on the board game but I think it was something like "Let's have another helping of hero buffet" because it's actually a sequel to a PCE-CD game.

OMG! That title wants to make me play it even more! :lol:

Bongo` wrote:
Tadaima Yuusha Botsuchuu Okawari, seems cool indeed. Maybe some one should look into it?

Yeah you know, after I started looking into it I became very impressed with the gameplay elements and overall presentation. Perhaps this was a diamond in the mostly now sfc rough waiting to be discovered. I really hope a hacker picks it up and it gets more exposure.

taskforce wrote:
Maybe in the future if we need something, then maybe it might be worth looking into. MAYBE!!!!!

A maybe's a great start! :) Akazukin Chacha is one of those titles that has it all. Humor, very nice presentation, great music, and fun gameplay. It would be a great translation addition to the list of done games.

Everyone reading this spread the word. Tells your hacker or translator friends. You never know. ;)

Btw D-D, i'm just curious as to what you guys are working on right now. Besides the active projects listed I know of GOD and Oni 2. Anything else up your sleeves? :P